Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Smart Charger

1. The new DJI charger is the one that should have come with it in the first place seeing that the one that did come with it was so underpowered. 180W is what the charger is asking for but the power supply they gave us was only capable of delivering 100W. Plus, I don't get the RAPID part of it. It is not that much faster than the one that I have now. You could DIY cheaper than both of these solutions. See this post.

1. The new DJI charger is the one that should have come with it in the first place seeing that the one that did come with it was so underpowered. 180W is what the charger is asking for but the power supply they gave us was only capable of delivering 100W. Plus, I don't get the RAPID part of it. It is not that much faster than the one that I have now. You could DIY cheaper than both of these solutions. See this post.

The 180W charger is huge though. I just received two of them this morning, It will not fit in the normal location for the charger in the DJI case. It will go over in the large open space just above the camera, but just barely.

It will not fit in the normal location for the charger in the DJI case. It will go over in the large open space just above the camera, but just barely.

Well, I am guessing that if you are needing both of these wherever you go you might need to get one of the many custom cases now made for the I1. I am sure there is room for even these large one. I will probably end of doing the DIY one for home base use and just use the underpowered ones for travel. But I understand what you are saying. The case that DJI gave us with the Inspire is adequate for local use or short car travel but I would not trust it with airline luggage handlers.

Well, I am guessing that if you are needing both of these wherever you go you might need to get one of the many custom cases now made for the I1. I am sure there is room for even these large one. I will probably end of doing the DIY one for home base use and just use the underpowered ones for travel. But I understand what you are saying. The case that DJI gave us with the Inspire is adequate for local use or short car travel but I would not trust it with airline luggage handlers.

I doubt my Inspire will ever see the inside of an airplane, I prefer traveling in my RV. I was just slightly surprise by the size of the thing (although I knew it had to be bigger). No dimensions are listed in the web page for it. In any event it IS possible to get one of them inside the DJI case. However two will not fit.

What is the general opinion on the Parallel battery charging boards?
Are they safe and how long do they take to charge?

They seem fairly cheap....

Hadn't seen that.

You can usually tell how old a person is by how patient they are or aren't with certain tasks. That is a direct cause of remembering how long it used to take to accomplish that given task. When I started out in film, back in the dark ages, it took overnight to charge batteries. So now, 85 minutes is no big deal to some of us.
I have spent several nights in hotel rooms with about 12 different chargers going at the same time for various packs, all of which needed changing during the night when complete........

I have one of those. It is really just a spider on a circuit board. In additon to the DJI charger connector it has a standard sized barrel plug for connecting a power source. It doesn't fit the DJI charger barrel plug, but it is a more common size that you can find almost anywhere. I've got an inverter (full sine wave, 400w) on order and will be able to charge 3 batteries from my car... or possibly set everything on fire.

Remember this will fall outside of the warranty, so caveat Oh Sh-t.

I have ordered one! I think the convenience factor justifies the price. Just think about it: You can charge 4 batteries, the remote and the iPad - at the same time. That would require 5 ordinary DJI chargers since one of those can't charge the battery and remote at the same time. Also imagine the clutter on your desk with five chargers including the charging cables AND five wall outlets as well. Well, I am gladly paying for the convenience!!!
There are over a hundred preordered now.

ooh owh.... i was going to buy but look like there is no more avalible...

the product have been remove...

thanks... but i don't have matrices ... maybe at the future i going to get M600 HAHAHA

A friend gave me a charging hub which I really hated because it charged the batteries in sequence instead of simultaneously. So I took the hub and rewired it to accept input from 4 chargers which are in the box along with a cooling fan. 1 plug to the wall and everything being self contained makes this very convenient for me.feb01 002.JPG

Reactions: sirnikolas
A friend gave me a charging hub which I really hated because it charged the batteries in sequence instead of simultaneously. So I took the hub and rewired it to accept input from 4 chargers which are in the box along with a cooling fan. 1 plug to the wall and everything being self contained makes this very convenient for me.View attachment 8213
How so?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

The one reason to spend the money would be to circumvent the huge hassle of conditioning/calibrating the battery by fully discharging it. The only issue is that DJI says to run it until it shuts off then recharge once it cools down. This hub says it will discharge below 5% then automatically charge to full. There goes any advantage to this unit now.

How so?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
I am not sure I understand your question, but I think you want to know how I rewired it. Let me explain. I wanted to take advantage of the terminals and how the batteries simply slide over the unit. So I disconnected all the internal circuits and wired the output of the chargers directly to the hubs terminals. One charger output is also connected to the terminal that was originally designed for the input power to the hub. That terminal is then used to connect to the controller using the cable provided by DJI. All the power cords to the chargers are spliced to a common bus that is then connected to a 110 socket that accepts the single power cord. I then placed a 12 volt fan (from old computer) on one end with a corresponding vent on the opposite side. A small 12 volt transformer then feeds power to the fan. Since we are charging intelligent batteries, there is no need for any complicated circuity to control when they turn off, because DJI already does that with the batteries. One last thing, when I stack the chargers in the box, I place spacers between them to promote ventilation. I have been using it for 6 months without any issues.

On another note, I have been trying to come up with a circuit that will shut the charging off when the batteries reach the 50% level. I am hoping to install a switch that lets me select "full charge" or "storage charge". Problem is, I cannot get it to work consistently. They shut off at 50% one day, then 60% another day. I am thinking my issue has to do with the DJI intelligence circuit in the battery itself. If I had access to the balancing cables of the batteries I would have a better shot at it, but I don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan