Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 spec

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to fill in my CAA SRG1320.
Wondering what to fill in for: Wing/Rotorspan & Overall Diameter (multi rotors only)
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I'm trying to fill in my CAA SRG1320.
Wondering what to fill in for: Wing/Rotorspan & Overall Diameter (multi rotors only)
Any help would be appreciated.
Just had to check my ops manual....but this should be in yours also that your NQE should have signed off on!!!!!
Under 'Aircraft systems and technical specifications section of you manual should appear something like:

Wing/rotor span - 745mm
Overall diameter - 0.745m

This is derived from the shaft centre to centre measurement plus two times half prop length which would be the overall span of the aircraft.

Just a question. I suppose you would use the diagonal dimension of the motor shafts plus the 2 times half prop length?

Wing/rotor span - 745mm
Overall diameter - 0.745m
I was just having a look at my own OM for my renewal and realized we have different numbers. At the risk of sounding pedantic, my numbers are quite different.

My OM states the length of the craft nose to tail (front rotor tip to aft rotor tip in our case of a multirotor) as 735mm and wing/rotor span as 790mm (landing gear raised) and 752mm (landing gear lowered). That's with stock 1345 props. Overall diameter (diagonal prop shaft to prop shaft plus one prop length (same as two times half prop length :D)) would be about 930mm.

Are there different sized Inspires or are you spinning different prop sizes? Can anyone else care to verify?

Last edited:
I was just having a look at my own OM for my renewal and realized we have different numbers. At the risk of sounding pedantic, my numbers are quite different.

My OM states the length of the craft nose to tail (front rotor tip to aft rotor tip in our case of a multirotor) as 735mm and wing/rotor span as 790mm (landing gear raised and 752mm (landing gear lowered). That's with stock 1345 props. Overall diameter (diagonal prop shaft to prop shaft plus one prop length (same as two times half prop length :D)) would be about 930mm.

Are there different sized Inspires or are you spinning different prop sizes? Can anyone else care to verify?
I'm going to have to go and check now but I'm not at home cos I'm out flying :p.
I do not have a tape measure in my toolkit so will have to double check when I get back to HQ.

My OM states the length of the craft nose to tail (front rotor tip to aft rotor tip in our case of a multirotor) as 735mm and wing/rotor span as 790mm (landing gear raised) and 752mm (landing gear lowered). That's with stock 1345 props. Overall diameter (diagonal prop shaft to prop shaft plus one prop length (same as two times half prop length :D)) would be about 930mm.

OK - borrowed a tape measure.
I make the largest span at any point will be during transform or in other words in travel mode the arms extend to their widest reach.
I have:
Fore to Aft prop tip measurement as 735mm
Port to Starboard prop tip (in travel/transform) as 810mm
Diag prop tip to tip (in travel/transform) as 950mm.

Amendment to The Editors Ops manual being done this evening. :oops:
Oh the shame of it............ I should have just said I was running DJI prototype very short props. :p

Prototype props indeed.. They would have to be REALLY short props :D:D

Glad to hear you don't have a midget Inspire and now those who need to file paperwork have a reference dimension.

Prototype props indeed.. They would have to be REALLY short props :D:D

Glad to hear you don't have a midget Inspire and now those who need to file paperwork have a reference dimension.
Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. Clearly was having an off measuring day when I typed those numbers in. Although NQE nor CAA queried them. I am not surprised at CAA but NQE should really have picked it up. I only had one amendment to make on my original ops manual submission but clearly should have been two!
I am fallible. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont