Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire 1 =uninspired 1. .???

Don't give it a second thought. The bad experiences are ALWAYS prominent and get attention. It's a great product and affords much gratification. Be careful in the beginning, calibrating often, to make sure you don't have problems with your particular bird. The you're off and running.

I just ordered the inspire with extra battery and control. I'm having second thoughts after hearing about the uncontrolled flights and crashs. Are there any stats on number in operation vs crashes?
Scott,
I don't you'll find too many actual stats...but I remember reading something that hold true, more people will complain about a product than will praise it...so it's not uncommon to hear more negatives than positives. I would encourage you to read through this forum and see what kind of a community we have here. Take a look at the Pictures and Videos section and if that doens't convince you to keep your aircraft coming, nothing will!!

I haven't gotten to fly as often as I'd like...maybe about 4 hours...but I've only had one crash and it was 100% my fault. I have a '1st gen' and a '3rd' gen Inspire and both perform flawlessly for me. Granted, I fly safely, ensure all calibrations are done and don't overfly the aircraft.
It would seem that some people have some issues with thiers...that's a given...but how many recalls on automobiles been done and people still get into the damned things??? If you pay attention to your aircraft and stay within its flight parameters...temperature / wind / little to no moisture...you'll have a pleasantly exhilirating experience!!

Even when I try to fly as far away from people as possible, it still captures their attention and draws them in. An excellent opportunity to dispel the myths that the media has created around our little whirlybirds.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I'm guessing there's more than 10 thousand inspires in operation right now if not more ..
think about how many crashes you've heard about since the inspire came out and I bet it's less than 1 percent. .probably more like .25 percent if even that ..
reading this forum may make you think there's more issues than there really is imo. Go out and fly and have fun!!
turbo. .

Reactions: GenesisKnight
I got mine a few days ago with an inspection tag dated 02/02/2015. I have flown RC my whole life off and on, but this was my first quad. I was nervous too sending a 3K bird up in the air. But after doing the VERY EASY IF YOU CAN FOLLOW DIRECTIONS update on the firmware, calibrate IMU, compass, and take your time, let everything warm up for a min or two, you will find that this is a very stable, impressive craft. I spent the whole day yesterday getting very comfortable with it. Unbox it, and have some fun:)

I just ordered the inspire with extra battery and control. I'm having second thoughts after hearing about the uncontrolled flights and crashs. Are there any stats on number in operation vs crashes?

EDIT: Read the above posts on the previous page.

Last edited:
PaperArtist_2014-05-01_08-49-30.jpeg
Thanks for the responses. The forum has been very helpful and I'm feeling better about my decision.

I have my private pilot's license with a glider rating. Does that help concerning commercial operations? Here is my bird.

View attachment 709
Thanks for the responses. The forum has been very helpful and I'm feeling better about my decision.

I have my private pilot's license with a glider rating. Does that help concerning commercial operations? Here is my bird.
Depends on where you are. In Canada it can help get your SFOC's that much easier, which will then make it quicker to get the blanket coverage allowing you to operate without delay.

Not too sure about other areas of the world...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk