Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2.0 arriving tomorrow.

Reaction score
My new Inspire 1 V2.0 is arriving tomorrow.

Sounds like many of the new units are arriving with dead batteries. I bought mine from B&H Photo, and it sounds like they have good support, if it arrives with a battery that does not take a charge.

Seems that there are a lot of posts on the dj forum about this problem, but I have not seen anything here.

Have anyone here been receiving DOA batteries?

Fortunately I did order a second battery from a different source, that will arrive Thursday.

Dave

Sounds like many of the new units are arriving with dead batteries. I bought mine from B&H Photo, and it sounds like they have good support, if it arrives with a battery that does not take a charge.

Seems that there are a lot of posts on the dj forum about this problem, but I have not seen anything here.

Fortunately I did order a second battery from a different source, that will arrive Thursday.

Dave
I received a dead bloated battery with plastic wrap in an inspire 1 v2 bundle from an ebay seller who had not used it. still negotiating how to deal with the situation...

Dave
I bought many batteries (from DJI and Amazon) and never had issues so far, so, relax buddy.

Chris

I just got a brand new TB47 from DJI just two weeks ago - it was DOA. I read all you have to do to fix it is remove the white plug under the cover and plug the battery into the charger for :20 minutes. I decided to try it. I waited the suggested :20 minutes, disconnected the battery from the charger, reinstalled the white connector, and plugged in the battery. Started charging, completed charging, and has many flights without a problem.

Reactions: davidbarwin
I just got a brand new TB47 from DJI just two weeks ago - it was DOA. I read all you have to do to fix it is remove the white plug under the cover and plug the battery into the charger for :20 minutes. I decided to try it. I waited the suggested :20 minutes, disconnected the battery from the charger, reinstalled the white connector, and plugged in the battery. Started charging, completed charging, and has many flights without a problem.

Why do you take the risk of losing warranty? If the battery is dead, send it back until you get a working one...

Chris

So, I went through b&h and ordered two additional tb48 batteries. One worked like a charm. The other would not take a charge. No bloating, just wouldn't charge. It would turn on, and the dji go app would yell at me to charge it to full. Let it sit a couple of days while I got info for a return, and for whatever reason turned the battery on, then plugged it in and it worked. Used a third party parallel charger.

Why do you take the risk of losing warranty? If the battery is dead, send it back until you get a working one...

Chris
Because DJI will take between a week and two months to get the replacement to your door. If the exchange/repair process was more "efficient" I wouldn't have bothered opening it.

Reactions: Ragnar51
It arrived a day late, but it arrived in good condition. I also ordered a TB48 from a different source and an Osmo handle kit. All arrived yesterday, it is like Christmas in June.

Did a quick flight to make sure all is well before updating firmware. Went well but drew out some neighbors. I had a jeep come speeding up, stopped abruptly right in front of me, and I am think here we go my first encounter with an irrational neighbor.

He steps out with a big grin and says "is that an Insire?" We had a pleasant visit as we both watch the gear come down automatically for the first time. What a cool aircraft! Neither he or myself had seen a live Insire before, just the videos.

I have now updated firmware to 1.9.1.10 which did not go as advertised. It appeared to do nothing other that to sit and flash yellow waiting for the controller to come on line, which of course I did not do per the instructions. After what seemed an eternity (~15 min) of it doing nothing, I powered down the drone. Went on line to get some guidance (there is not much). I then looked at the log. It appeared to have started an update but did not complete. Restarted the drone and a timer as well and had the same results, no tones as was advertised in the instructions, I let it do nothing with the timer running. After about 20 mins I saw a change in the light color out of the corner of my eye, but as I then looked over it was back to the yellow flashes. (I "think" it was a blue and red flash). I then waited the full 25 minutes.

After figuring out how to view the hidden log, it appeared that it could not execute the bin file. Now the controller will not connect, so I took a shot and updated the controller even though I was not sure if it had updated the airframe.

It appears the updates did take. Took some time to find "About" and it shows App 2.8.3, aircraft 1.9.1.10, RC 1.6.0, camera 1.8.1.00. Neither the RC or the camera is in the release notes, and no mention of the battery firmware!

This update process could be a lot clearer with instructions in the release notes that match the lights and sounds (no sounds at all) when updating the airframe.

I don't think my battery got updated and I probably do not understand the procedures to do so, or how to figure out the battery version. But I think I am okay.

Today I am headed to the beach to give it a better test run, with my fingers crossed about the firmware updates, especially since there is a note on this forum to not apply the 1.9.1.10 update...

More later...

I received a DOA from Ebay seller TOMTOP, ( china ) ordered 4 TB48, 3 arrived one was dead, it took over 45 days to sort the problem out, and get the 4th battery. Everything from bogus tracking, to repeated " we will refund you tomorrow". It took paypal to step in and I think thats the only reason I got my refund for the one battery. Stay away brothers,...and sisters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop