Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Inspire 1 V2.0 vs Phantom 4 Pro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JGF21, Jan 11, 2017.

1. JGF21

Hi all,

I have an inspire 1 v2 at the moment. I'm purely a hobbyist, and while I absolutely LOVE my inspire 1, I feel like if I had a smaller package (P4 Pro, Mavic), I would fly more frequently. With the camera upgraded from the Phantom 4, it seems like it would be pretty comparable from a quality standpoint with the X3 camera on my Inspire.

I've been thinking of selling my Inspire 1 package (single controller), 2 extra Hi-cap batteries, etc. and swapping to the P4 Pro. Thoughts?

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Do I sell my Inspire 1 for a Phantom 4 Pro?

3. JGF21

Thanks for that, my search did come up with that. I think I have all the data to make a decision, guess I just need some hand holding from my fellow inspire 1 owners to let me know it will all turn out okay. DJI does a good job of selling the features like obstacle avoidance, the various follow modes, etc. That the inspire doesn't have, but the inspire is rock solid.

4. Johnsimatos

Just get an X5. I did and never looked back, don't let the size of the drone hinder when and where you can fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. JGF21

That's what was the tiebreaker. I can get just about any Olympus lens for roughly half off, so upgrading to the x5 will likely be in the cards sometime in the future.

6. AeroMirage

The X5 is way ahead of the P4 for it's lens interchangeability. Because the P4 has a few more MPs doesn't make it better. Plus, there's the issue of props in the picture and lack of pan on the P4. I suggest keeping your I1 and get the X5. Especially if you have good access to lenses. I have 4 Olympus lenses. The 12mm, 17mm, 25mm and 45mm. These surpass my needs and do far more than a P4 could do.
    The P4 is a step up from the X3 but that would be the end of it. With the X5, you can grow further.

BCF likes this.
  7. BCF

BCF

I'm with Aeromirage on this one. The P4P is a "small step" up from the X3 on the I1 but the addition of an X5 with its ability to add additional lenses is "a giant leap" for hobby kind.