Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v2 controller batteries

Reaction score
Hi Gang,
Just wondered if any of you know where I can get a new Inspire 1 v2 controller battery only I've come to the conclusion that I have wasted my hard earned money on DJI equipment.
I have only flown the inspire 1 v2 ten times and most of the ten months I have had it, it has been down because of upgrade faults, now the battery in the controller has gone dead ( WHY ) its hardly been used and the last time I did a check on it, it was fine, so what is going on?.
To keep you informed if I turn on the controller with the charger connected then it will work as normal, if I turn on the controller without the charger then nothing happens, no lights, nothing so I'm guessing the battery in the controller is dead.#
Now here comes the problem, where do I buy another battery from and for how much?.
I am not willing to pay a lot but as I understand it then this battery may be an intelligent type and this will make the battery more expensive. can anyone advise me?.
If no joy then this quad is going into the skip and to hell with DJI who have been no help at all with this problem it is sad that it has come to this but it looks as though I'm not the only one that DJI have let down.
Anyway I hope you guys can help me with this problem, Thanks for your help
Ray Floyd

Try the guys at Heliguy as they do a lot of DJI repair work & I'm sure they'll have come across this with the I1.

If they can't help, there's a couple of videos on youtube showing someone replacing the battery with a 'standard' lipo cell in place of the DJI specific one. He references a small circuit board in the video, but I think he means the USB/HDMI board on the bootom of the controller rather than a specific cct board on the battery itself.

Why DJI didn't just design them with a replaceable battery compartment in the first place... but then there's nowt so common as sense is there?! ;)

Good luck!

Reactions: The Editor
Hi Gang,
Just wondered if any of you know where I can get a new Inspire 1 v2 controller battery only I've come to the conclusion that I have wasted my hard earned money on DJI equipment.
I have only flown the inspire 1 v2 ten times and most of the ten months I have had it, it has been down because of upgrade faults, now the battery in the controller has gone dead ( WHY ) its hardly been used and the last time I did a check on it, it was fine, so what is going on?.
To keep you informed if I turn on the controller with the charger connected then it will work as normal, if I turn on the controller without the charger then nothing happens, no lights, nothing so I'm guessing the battery in the controller is dead.#
Now here comes the problem, where do I buy another battery from and for how much?.
I am not willing to pay a lot but as I understand it then this battery may be an intelligent type and this will make the battery more expensive. can anyone advise me?.
If no joy then this quad is going into the skip and to hell with DJI who have been no help at all with this problem it is sad that it has come to this but it looks as though I'm not the only one that DJI have let down.
Anyway I hope you guys can help me with this problem, Thanks for your help
Ray Floyd
As NickU mentions above, there is information around as well as threads on this forum regarding lipo replacement on the I1 remote.
Any 2 cell lipo will work providing the external dimensions for and the capacity is at least equal to or greater than the factory fitted one which is 6,000mAh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido