Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2 must have mods/aftermarket accessories?

Reaction score
what are the must have mods/aftermarket accessories for the I1 V2?

I've ordered myself a sunshade for the iPad, but what elese? Lenser protector, sun hood for the camera, aftermarket blades, range extenders/signal booster.....

Last edited:

I've ordered myself a sunshade for the iPad, but what elese? Lenser protector, sun hood for the camera, aftermarket blades, range extenders/signal booster.....
I like Carbon Fiber props. I am not stating better anything as far as having them, I just like them. Please note, If you are under warranty the props will void it. If you travel, A good case that offers some protection is always a plus

I just picked mine up last week, and honestly other than spare batteries and a charging station there really isn't anything else I considered "must have". And thank "gawd" for that. I'd hate to think I just spent 2k on something and now have to dump another "x" number of dollars on "must have" items..

Reactions: james tulloch
I had my controller modded by FDR Drone Mods, not because I wanted to fly super long range or anything though. Instead I just wanted to make sure that I have a great signal when flying behind trees or other objects.

If you do go with FDR, be warned that it'll take several weeks or even months before you get your controller back. His workmanship is first rate, but the shipping department needs some work.

If you do go with FDR, be warned that it'll take several weeks or even months before you get your controller back. His workmanship is first rate, but the shipping department needs some work.

Possibly even longer for us as based in the UK, but do like the idea of having a more solid signal.

Last edited:
I just picked mine up last week, and honestly other than spare batteries and a charging station there really isn't anything else I considered "must have". And thank "gawd" for that. I'd hate to think I just spent 2k on something and now have to dump another "x" number of dollars on "must have" items..

That's good to hear Bart

I like Carbon Fiber props. I am not stating better anything as far as having them, I just like them. Please note, If you are under warranty the props will void it. If you travel, A good case that offers some protection is always a plus

Yes have been considering carbon blades, pros and cons, I do like them for there smoothness, slightly better flight times, responsiveness. But should it ever go in the cause a lot of damage, motorshafts etc then there's warranty issues etc

One year classroom training program in DJI R&Destroy facilities about firmware updates. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
I had my controller modded by FDR Drone Mods, not because I wanted to fly super long range or anything though. Instead I just wanted to make sure that I have a great signal when flying behind trees or other objects.

Which modification did you go with? I'm debating about sending my controller over in the winter to get it taken care of. But, didn't know if I should have him do just the mod or get the mod and the booster. Same situation as you, not that I want to go super long distance but, I want to have better signal when I'm flying...

Last edited:

If you do go with FDR, be warned that it'll take several weeks or even months before you get your controller back. His workmanship is first rate, but the shipping department needs some work.[/QUOTE

Do the mod yourself it's easy

I've fitted extra bright strobe leds from Braincube, one white the other red, powered by a small 2S lipo. Without them it's hard to tell the orientation at anything over 350 m

Once you're satisfied with travel cases...extra batteries ...decent screen ....both ios and android for redundance (samsung note pro & ipad air2)
Get the combo High-Tech Optics for the HeadPlay HD FPV goggle and Head play.
Decent working station ...as intended shaded tent...good foldable table and comfortable chair.
Guess it's good to set up a spirit leveled platform for take off...
And be aware of Sun behaviour with K-index monitor app.
My 2 cents from the navel of the world.
Easter island :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare