Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2 only $1999 in the DJI Store

Reaction score
I've been a long time P3 flyer and recently P4. I've been wanting to jump to the Inspire 1 for a long time... This may be my time, In the DJI STORE the Inspire 1 V2 is only $1999!!!!! I'm wanting the Pro, but I guess I could always buy the X5 later. Now I just need to talk the wifey into it :D

Edit by Moderator: I have removed the affiliated links from your post since we do not allow them

Last edited by a moderator:
So just speculation but, I could envision an "Inspire 2" having obstacle avoidance, support the M600 TB47/48 batteries and probably will hold at least 2 for extended flight duration. I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to incorporate the A3 system in as well.

That would all be awesome but I'd settle for dual camera with a little more flight time, an "actual" 20-25min flight time would be excellent IMHO.

So just speculation but, I could envision an "Inspire 2" having obstacle avoidance, support the M600 TB47/48 batteries and probably will hold at least 2 for extended flight duration. I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to incorporate the A3 system in as well.
Sounds like a good wish list... If all those were incorporated in the new design it would probably be as expensive as the M600 LOL.

Is there any market for used X3 cameras if I buy the X5 in 6 months or so? If so what is the going rate for them? Trying to see how much more it would cost me buy this way.

There is some market and I've heard the figure of around $350 for a perfect unit.
OK thanks! So if the market holds (which it never does) I could actually end up paying $50 USD less doing it separately. With my luck the day after I buy the V2 the Pro will go on sale 35% off too :/

Wow. Crazy deal. So much for the used inspire market! Not too much of a surprise though, but that is quite a percent off!

Ben

Last edited:
Oh, the horror of it all. Have had my bird for about 2 months now. Paid $800 over that. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: flumpet
The Inspire 1 airframe is due for a significant upgrade. I base my prognostications above upon what DJI did with the lessons learned from the Matrice and applied to the Phantom 4. I figure there is a market for a new and improved Inspire that would eliminate the X3 camera and be exclusive to the X5 & X5R at the ~ $5K range where the M600 begins without camera. Incorporating the upgrades I suggested in my earlier post would differentiate a "Inspire 2" from the others and fill a niche. Right now there is a perception that the Phantom 4 may be the most sophisticated prosumer airframe in their offerings and pros that are newly adopting UAVs tend to be moving towards the P4. I belong to PAPA and the cross talk amongst those who've been taking pictures with planes and helicopters tends to lean towards simple and safe. They naturally assume it will be easier to master the P4 than any other platform. If there were a similar platform that also afforded the simplicity and obstacle avoidance with higher resolution camera, they would move to it instead.

This is exactly why I will never again purchase a DJI product new. They have literally destroyed the value of all previous Inspire 1 products across the board regardless of the amount of usage. The V2 was released as click bait for people to eventually purchase a X5 camera but I doubt most will actually venture down that road. Thank You DJI for reducing the street value of our deviced 50% year after year until they are worthless scrap at a yard sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ftolino
If the i2 is a repeat of the Phantom 3 to Phantom 4 upgrade, some may be disappointed. The things that matter didn't get much better (only 3min added flight time and virtually the same camera). If that happens you may not be as "Inspired" with the i2 as you are with the price for the i1. Collision avoidance is mediocre IMO, it's got it's issues, I rarely use it on my P4, it's just not something I need. An increased flight time with a dual battery option is really what i2 needs to be attractive to me, that's the main problem with i1 IMO. The X5 is the bees knees, and I expect the same camera on the i2. I'm eager to see what i2 includes, I hope it blows my socks off.

This is exactly why I will never again purchase a DJI product new. They have literally destroyed the value of all previous Inspire 1 products across the board regardless of the amount of usage.

This happens with technology. Old tech goes on sale! It's not DJI hurting the market! The p3 std has been $499 since Nov last year. They are still selling it, maybe they have got to a point with the Inspire where they can produce them cheaper, or a new model only time will tell.
--------

On a note with Inspire 2

Collision avoidance only works going forward on the p4 at least :) Not going to protect you going in any other direction (unless they add a module for each direction). Pitching back or rolling sideways into a tree is probably the # one cause of a crash! I know with the Matrice you can add additional modules (I'm not sure of the # which you can add).

P4 Collision avoidance is probably really only good for automated flight in my opinion.

I do agree the X5 looks sweet, very tempting. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet!

Ben

Dang, I just bought the V2 a few weeks ago at $2900 and thought I was getting a good deal then, now they drop it another grand? Oh well!

This happens with technology. Old tech goes on sale! It's not DJI hurting the market! The p3 std has been $499 since Nov last year. They are still selling it, maybe they have got to a point with the Inspire where they can produce them cheaper, or a new model only time will tell.
--------

On a note with Inspire 2

Collision avoidance only works going forward on the p4 at least :) Not going to protect you going in any other direction (unless they add a module for each direction). Pitching back or rolling sideways into a tree is probably the # one cause of a crash! I know with the Matrice you can add additional modules (I'm not sure of the # which you can add).

P4 Collision avoidance is probably really only good for automated flight in my opinion.

I do agree the X5 looks sweet, very tempting. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet!

Ben

No company in any technological industry slashes prices like DJI...It under minds consumer confidence.

No company in any technological industry slashes prices like DJI...It under minds consumer confidence.
That's one way to look at it. Others might says, awesome, it's in my price range now and be happy. With age, all technology erodes in price in favor of new technology. The key thing to remember, OEM's can price things however they want, it's their choice. Past recent customers will be pissed they bought at the wrong time, but there is never a good time to buy technology if you don't expect depreciation. If you buy a Haswell PC, in a year it's not worth half the price due to Silverlake PC's being the rage. But in the bigger picture this low price deters competitors from entering this market niche (prosumer -commercial) to compete with DJI. This kind of marketing strategy has been going on for decades to destroy competition. 9mos ago you'd pay the same price for a Solo with camera and gimbal as you would for the Inspire today with X3. Pretty amazing progress.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool