Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v2 (X3) pr Inspire Pro X5

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm in two minds at the moment on either to buy the Inspire 1 v2 (beefed motors etc) or the Pro X5.

I know the specs on the cameras are different, mainly sensor sizes. However I would be interested to here from pilots who might have the X3 and X5 cameras, on are there really image differences that can justify the extra money for the X5 aircraft? I mean, only if your blowing up image say to A2 size would you see any differences etc.

Also, but when I see the price of the Inspire 1 v2 (UK) its £2519. The X5 camera (with lens), gimbal is £1,829.

However if you purchased the Pro with the X5 its £3,699.

So, to me there seems to be a big saving if you buy the Inspire 1 X5 as a complete package, saving £649!

Finally, I heard on the forum that DJI might be bringing out a new camera for the I1 next year, with zoom capabilities, would this be cheaper that the X5, sort of a mid range upgrade?

cheers

Nick

If you intend to do a lot of photo work the X5 is a big upgrade.
For video, unless you've got very demanding clients not so much IMO.

And yes the package deal is much more interesting, we actually sold our used I1 and bought a new Pro, cheaper than buying just the camera and plate, not even counting the upgraded props etc and having a brand new unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockLobster
If you intend to do a lot of photo work the X5 is a big upgrade.
For video, unless you've got very demanding clients not so much IMO.

And yes the package deal is much more interesting, we actually sold our used I1 and bought a new Pro, cheaper than buying just the camera and plate, not even counting the upgraded props etc and having a brand new unit.
Thanks for the info. Decisions..decisions.

Two things to consider, first is the field of view as it is much narrower with the X5 at 72% vs the 91% with the x3, secondly you will lose a minimal of 2.75 minutes flight time if you go with the X5 and that's a lot when you only have 15-18 minutes.
Yes, good point. I was hoping to save up a bit for a couple of the TB48 batteries, whatever model I decide to go with.

I'd go with the X5 for sure. Every time you fly that X3 you're going to be thinking "this picture could have been so much better" or "this video could have been better" Just spend the extra money and make sure you are completely happy. You're not racing the Inspire 1 pro so the narrower field of view is nothing (for me atleast, didn't make a difference) and the 2-3 minute flight loss is worth the way better quality of both photos and video)

Reactions: RockLobster
I'd go with the X5 for sure. Every time you fly that X3 you're going to be thinking "this picture could have been so much better" or "this video could have been better" Just spend the extra money and make sure you are completely happy. You're not racing the Inspire 1 pro so the narrower field of view is nothing (for me atleast, didn't make a difference) and the 2-3 minute flight loss is worth the way better quality of both photos and video)
Another good point. Although I'm currently doing an RPQ-s course and need to budget in insurance for next year, but as you say...will I be wondering about image quality, stills for me are more important than video, from a business PoV. Thanks

If you wait for the release you will never get to fly. The X5 is fantastic. I was going to keep an Inspire 1 as a backup but I can go back to shooting with the X3. The distortion improvements alone are worth it.

If you wait for the release you will never get to fly. The X5 is fantastic. I was going to keep an Inspire 1 as a backup but I can go back to shooting with the X3. The distortion improvements alone are worth it.
Yeah, I know...I might just get the X3 because of the extra price, buy the V2 of course and see what comes up next year. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1