Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 vs Inspire 1 Pro

Lightbridge 2 is looks to be a re-packaged version of the original, only with the ground station built into the controller. Another way of looking at it would be seeing the Inspire 1 as already having the Lightbridge 2 technology built in from day 1. Now DJI are just making that standalone available to use on other platforms.

The Inspire 1 PRO will come with a single controller & Lens. The upcoming Inspire 1 RAW will come with 2 controllers, 512GB SSD & Lens. Aside from the X5 camera and mounting plate, the craft itself hasn't changed.

dji.com said:
The following enhancements have been made to the DJI Lightbridge 2:
A new SDI output port has been added. The Remote Controller is now integrated into the Ground System, so that you don’t need to buy an additional Remote Controller.
Transmission latency has been reduced to as low as 50ms. Transmission range has been extended to up to 2km. Intelligent, adaptive wireless technology has been added for increased transmission reliability. Picture-in-Picture output support has been added.
Most of that is already on the Inspire 1.

Yes current Inspire 1 can easily carry the X5, it will reduce flight times over the X3 camera obviously. The inspire 1 pro comes with the x5, slightly higher kv motors and landing heels to increase the clearance of the x5 (will be able to purchase for current I1).

Lightbridge 2 has a new remote with SID out and 1080p wireless stream.
The inspire 1 pro has the SAME lightbridge as the Inspire 1.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Yes current Inspire 1 can easily carry the X5, it will reduce flight times over the X3 camera obviously. The inspire 1 pro comes with the x5, slightly higher kv motors and landing heels to increase the clearance of the x5 (will be able to purchase for current I1).

Lightbridge 2 has a new remote with SID out and 1080p wireless stream.
The inspire 1 pro has the SAME lightbridge as the Inspire 1.
Buy Inspire 1 Pro | DJI Store
You are right!
Those heels looks awful imo, but I guess is a matter of get use to it lol

the craft itself hasn't changed.
Not true. According to one of the insiders on the DJI official forum it has a number of improvements. Externally the landing gear has been beefed up, which can be seen by the photos. Internally I don't know, but it has been hinted at that there are differences.

Not true. According to one of the insiders on the DJI official forum it has a number of improvements. Externally the landing gear has been beefed up, which can be seen by the photos. Internally I don't know, but it has been hinted at that there are differences.

Only differences mentioned are the higher KV motors and the LG heels, FAIK

Edit: Well, the X5 plate, too, I guess.

They should have made that clear. Now I am thinking of buying the Pro instead of the camera and mount.

hopefully they thickened the carbon fiber on the arms so they dont snap like toothpicks on a hard landing.

Reactions: PB30X
Well, at least I crashed my inspire into the ocean at a decent time. This thing looks beast. How does that camera compare to the GH4 people fly on other rigs? Also, since my inspire still sits on the ocean froor, I have 7 batteries for it and two controllers. I'm assuming I can use these right? I know I have to buy it with a controller so I'll just sell one of the 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gus
Well, at least I crashed my inspire into the ocean at a decent time. This thing looks beast. How does that camera compare to the GH4 people fly on other rigs? Also, since my inspire still sits on the ocean froor, I have 7 batteries for it and two controllers. I'm assuming I can use these right? I know I have to buy it with a controller so I'll just sell one of the 3.

Some posts here seem to suggest that the controller is not exactly the same, with the Lightbridge downlink streaming 1080p instead of 720p.

Batteries seem identical, Inspire 1 Pro comes with a TB47 battery (why wouldn't the pro ship with TB48 to begin with, a head-scratching decision on DJI's part)

I read your story about your inspire sitting in 30ft deep water. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks @JayBurd . When someone knows about the controllers it'd be awesome to post it here. Too bad I lost one of my 48's in the inspire belly flop. wish it would have been my 47...Now I have 2 controllers and a lot invested into batteries so that is good to know those should at least work.

Check it out:

1:17 he mentions the focus on the remote.

Last edited:
Thanks @JayBurd . When someone knows about the controllers it'd be awesome to post it here. Too bad I lost one of my 48's in the inspire belly flop. wish it would have been my 47...Now I have 2 controllers and a lot invested into batteries so that is good to know those should at least work.

Actually as I was reading your story in the other thread, I wanted to ask you (but did not) on that particular yacht, which do you think is less risky -- landing the craft, or hand catching it?

Actually as I was reading your story in the other thread, I wanted to ask you (but did not) on that particular yacht, which do you think is less risky -- landing the craft, or hand catching it?
Landing on the front of the boat while it was moving, and windy, in the waves was super sketchy, but I didn't want to Enrique Iglesias anyone's hand up either. as soon as someone puts their hand under the sensor on the bottom the gear goes down towards their face. I think you can turn this feature off but I still dont recommend hand catching unless absolutely necessary.....luckily I had a pretty large area to land on, on the front and back of the boat.

Sorry to take it off topic, back to the Inspire 1 pro...

Attachments

• PicsArt_1442003993970.jpg
    PicsArt_1442003993970.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 20150909_160923.jpg
    20150909_160923.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 145
Reactions: JayBurd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads