Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 vs Inspire 1 Pro

Sorry for your loss. I was on a 90ft yacht the other day, and there was no where to land. The bow had seats, and the flat part was 3-4 ft wide. The captain wasn't stopping, I was getting low on battery, and the wind was coming up as we rounded the island.

Super sketchy. The boat was going 10-15 mph with high cross winds. It took both hands on the sticks to get above the boat, so hand catch was no option. It was dancing all over the place.

I got it above the bow, and just dumped the throttle down. I knew some props we're going to be broken.
Ugly "landing". But I got it back. Gray hair moment. Just a few props is all. Next time the captain gets a radio.

Landing on the front of the boat while it was moving, and windy, in the waves was super sketchy, but I didn't want to Enrique Iglesias anyone's hand up either. as soon as someone puts their hand under the sensor on the bottom the gear goes down towards their face. I think you can turn this feature off but I still dont recommend hand catching unless absolutely necessary.....luckily I had a pretty large area to land on, on the front and back of the boat.

Sorry to take it off topic, back to the Inspire 1 pro...
Put the gear down and have them grab the feet. Super safe and easy if you can fly decent, just hover over them and they can reach up and grab the feet and once they have it securely use the sticks down and in method to kill motors. I've done it this way and it works beautifully.

Reactions: JayBurd
Put the gear down and have them grab the feet. Super safe and easy if you can fly decent, just hover over them and they can reach up and grab the feet and once they have it securely use the sticks down and in method to kill motors. I've done it this way and it works beautifully.

That's brilliant. You should make a youtube video about that.

The DJI moderators on the DJI forum also seem to indicate that the Inspire Pro may have flight times beyond 10minutes. This would seem to indicate either different batteries to the Inspire 1 or reduction in the aircraft weight otherwise given the new camera is heavier, it can only offer a reduction in overall flight times compared to the current Inspire 1.

The DJI moderators on the DJI forum also seem to indicate that the Inspire Pro may have flight times beyond 10minutes. This would seem to indicate either different batteries to the Inspire 1 or reduction in the aircraft weight otherwise given the new camera is heavier, it can only offer a reduction in overall flight times compared to the current Inspire 1.

The official number I read on CNET is that flight time is reduced from 18 to 15 minutes -- 3 minutes reduction -- using TB47 battery when going from 1 to 1 Pro. However I am not sure how the 18 minutes was measured, 0% battery at landing?

The official number I read on CNET is that flight time is reduced from 18 to 15 minutes -- 3 minutes reduction -- using TB47 battery when going from 1 to 1 Pro. However I am not sure how the 18 minutes was measured, 0% battery at landing?
Lol, indeed, I get about 12 minutes on a tb47 with my inspire 1 down to 20-25% battery left.

Some posts here seem to suggest that the controller is not exactly the same, with the Lightbridge downlink streaming 1080p instead of 720p.

Batteries seem identical, Inspire 1 Pro comes with a TB47 battery (why wouldn't the pro ship with TB48 to begin with, a head-scratching decision on DJI's part)

I read your story about your inspire sitting in 30ft deep water. Sorry for your loss.

AFAIK, the I1 Pro will have the same LB as the I1, with 720p. The LB2 just announced will have 1080P, but is not compatible with I1 Pro. Everything I've read says that the I1 Pro has no changes except for X5 camera, LG heels, X5 bracket. GO app will offer focus and aperture control, in addition to all other X3 functions.

Edit: Sorry, forgot higher KV motors

Just got this email from DJI Sales.

Storeagent01 (DJI)

Sep 14, 11:41

Dear Gregg,
Thank you for contacting DJI.
For the Inspire 1 Pro and the Inspire 1, the only difference is the camera gimbal, the new Inspire 1 Pro has the new X5 camear gimbal.
The motors, ESC's blades, landing gear, carbon fiber frame are the same. Thank you.

If you have any query, please feel free to write to [email protected].
Kindly Regards

DJI online store

Just got this email from DJI Sales.

Storeagent01 (DJI)

Sep 14, 11:41

Dear Gregg,
Thank you for contacting DJI.
For the Inspire 1 Pro and the Inspire 1, the only difference is the camera gimbal, the new Inspire 1 Pro has the new X5 camear gimbal.
The motors, ESC's blades, landing gear, carbon fiber frame are the same. Thank you.

If you have any query, please feel free to write to [email protected].
Kindly Regards

DJI online store

Thank you for asking and posting. Much appreciated.

The only visual difference is the heels, I guess that would be made available as an accessory since the crafts are identical.

Lol, indeed, I get about 12 minutes on a tb47 with my inspire 1 down to 20-25% battery left.
These are exactly the same time figures with my I1.

BTW, an extremely useful information I got from an I1 owner from Belgium (I met him in Crete island in Greece) is that the airport authorities in Europe didn't let him carry the TB48 batteries in the airplane as the max allowed battery power permitted is below 100 Wh. TB47 has 99.90Wh while TB48 has 129.96Wh. SO, he left his bird back home, as he had 5 TB48!

Reactions: JayBurd

BTW, an extremely useful information I got from an I1 owner from Belgium (I met him in Crete island in Greece) is that the airport authorities in Europe didn't let him carry the TB48 batteries in the airplane as the max allowed battery power permitted is below 100 Wh. TB47 has 99.90Wh while TB48 has 129.96Wh. SO, he left his bird back home, as he had 5 TB48!

Great info. For reference FAA in the US allows both TB47 and TB48 (up to 160Wh), but limit to 2 TB48 and only allows them in carry on. Since TB47 is below 100Wh there does not appear to be a limit for those as long as they are "protected from damage and short circuit".

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...edia/faa_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

Reactions: Andreas

I have 2 tb48s but they only give me about 2 minutes more, I'll never buy them again cause for the same money as 4 tb48s you can get 5 tb47 and end up with more total flying time, lol

Reactions: Busch and Andreas
I have 2 tb48s but they only give me about 2 minutes more, I'll never buy them again cause for the same money as 4 tb48s you can get 5 tb47 and end up with more total flying time, lol
It is not stated anywhere, but one has to, theoretically, adjust the landing battery percentage to account for TB47 vs TB48's energy difference.

DJI Inspire uses MaH, or "power used" to estimate remaining battery percentage. So, if for example, you are using a TB47 and landing with 30%, you are landing with 1350MaH left. If you then use the TB48 and continue to land with 30% battery left, you would be landing with 1710MaH left(leaving 360MaH un-utilized relative to the TB47). But since you were comfortable landing your Inspire with 1350MaH left when using TB47, theoretically, you should be comfortable landing your Inspire with TB48 at around 24% battery left, because that equates to having 1350MaH power left on the TB48. That should leave you with extra flight time, while having the same margin or error when compared to the TB47.

In normal conditions, the Inspire uses about 300MaH per minute. Hence, find out what MaH level you are comfortable landing with, give yourself and the battery pack some additional margin or error. From there, you can work backwards to get your "personal comfort zone" landing percentage for TB47 and TB48.

If you do the math, you will get the additional flight times out of your TB48.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andreas and Soflms
It is not stated anywhere, but one has to, theoretically, adjust the landing battery percentage to account for TB47 vs TB48's energy difference.

DJI Inspire uses MaH, or "power used" to estimate remaining battery percentage. So, if for example, you are using a TB47 and landing with 30%, you are landing with 1350MaH left. If you then use the TB48 and continue to land with 30% battery left, you would be landing with 1710MaH left(leaving 360MaH un-utilized relative to the TB47). But since you were comfortable landing your Inspire with 1350MaH left when using TB47, theoretically, you should be comfortable landing your Inspire with TB48 at around 24% battery left, because that equates to having 1350MaH power left on the TB48. That should leave you with extra flight time, while having the same margin or error when compared to the TB47.

In normal conditions, the Inspire uses about 300MaH per minute. Hence, find out what MaH level you are comfortable landing with, give yourself and the battery pack some additional margin or error. From there, you can work backwards to get your "personal comfort zone" landing percentage for TB47 and TB48.

If you do the math, you will get the additional flight times out of your TB48.
fair point i guess. Id feel safe to land at 5 percent but i thought taking them under 20 was harmful and shortened battery life so i stick with 20-25% remaining when i land, is this not correct?

Id like them to last as long as possible since they are massively overpriced at 200$ a pop, lol

fair point i guess. Id feel safe to land at 5 percent but i thought taking them under 20 was harmful and shortened battery life so i stick with 20-25% remaining when i land, is this not correct?

Id like them to last as long as possible since they are massively overpriced at 200$ a pop, lol
If you are comfortable landing your TB47 with X% battery left, then you should be comfortable landing your TB48 with X*4500/5700(%) left.

If you are comfortable landing your TB48 with Y% battery left, then you should be comfortable landing your TB47 with Y*5700/4500(%) left.

Both will leave you with same MaH in reserve when you land.

If you are comfortable landing your TB47 with X% battery left, then you should be comfortable landing your TB48 with X*4500/5700(%) left.

If you are comfortable landing your TB48 with Y% battery left, then you should be comfortable landing your TB47 with Y*5700/4500(%) left.

Both will leave you with same MaH in reserve when you land.
yea i got that part, but what about the draining them too low every flight shortening their lifespan? Ive heard you shouldnt fly them below 20% for maximum battery health/life in order to get the most charge cycles possible before they are garbage. any thoughts on that?

yea i got that part, but what about the draining them too low every flight shortening their lifespan? Ive heard you shouldnt fly them below 20% for maximum battery health/life in order to get the most charge cycles possible before they are garbage. any thoughts on that?
I think 20% is a good number. that's just my opinion. bear in mind also that DJI has built additional margins into the intelligent flight battery. 0% does not mean the battery is drained and damaged, it is more like DJI's cut-off limit.

Having said that, unless i am having a lot of fun and looking to extend it, i tend to land with around 30% left. It is no secret that LiPo batteries last longer and prefer not to be stressed over and over again.

I think 20% is a good number. that's just my opinion. bear in mind also that DJI has built additional margins into the intelligent flight battery. 0% does not mean the battery is drained and damaged, it is more like DJI's cut-off limit.

Having said that, unless i am having a lot of fun and looking to extend it, i tend to land with around 30% left. It is no secret that LiPo batteries last longer and prefer not to be stressed over and over again.
ok, thanks, thats what i thought as well which is why i only get a couple extra minutes from the 48s maintaining the 20-25% landing practice. getting another minute or two at the risk of damaging the battery and shortening its life isnt worth it to me so i think ill stick with my current method.

Its a well known and documented fact that TB48 are not permitted as carry on luggage. TB47 is what is acceptable, that is why DJI made the TB47 so it was within airline and aviation restrictions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair