Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 vs Phantom 2 V2 and Hero4 Black - See for yourself

Reaction score
Website
www.phillima.com
I had some fun yesterday flying with Barry Blanchard and his pre-production Inspire 1. After seeing the system in person, I'm blown away. It's insane. The integrated Lightbridge is amazing and worked well over 6000ft with little to no break ups. I have a 600mw IRC system on my P2 and I had to turn around at 2km as I was loosing signal. The Inspire just kept going and going...
The quality of the camera is also amazing for the size. We watched the footage from the Inspire and then looked at the GoPro Hero4 4K footage and honestly, there was no comparison. The Inspire footage looked far more cinematic and clean. Can't wait to get my hands on a production unit and put it through it's paces :)

Awesome footage! Let me get this straight.. Only 1 Inspire was used at that shoot? 60% Of the footage had the Inspire in front of the lens? Which means that those shots were done with the Phantoms? The horizons looks pretty straight to me on all of the shots. Guess that there were PP done on all the video?

I had some fun yesterday flying with Barry Blanchard and his pre-production Inspire 1. After seeing the system in person, I'm blown away. It's insane. The integrated Lightbridge is amazing and worked well over 6000ft with little to no break ups. I have a 600mw IRC system on my P2 and I had to turn around at 2km as I was loosing signal. The Inspire just kept going and going...
The quality of the camera is also amazing for the size. We watched the footage from the Inspire and then looked at the GoPro Hero4 4K footage and honestly, there was no comparison. The Inspire footage looked far more cinematic and clean. Can't wait to get my hands on a production unit and put it through it's paces :)

Thanks for sharing this. I saw this come up on Facebook. Barry is one busy boy. Lol
It won't be long now before we have user vids of production models..amazon,Hurry up and and me my friggin inspire!!
Glad you got a first hand look...cool!

Umm, 2km is 6500'...
You are correct... My apologies. I'm american, so the conversion rarely accurate in my head. Here is what really happened, I flew out til 1800m according to my iOSD. Barry continued flying all the way past 7000ft(can't recall exactly where he stopped) when he turned around because he was concerned about having enough battery to make it back.

Reactions: catware
Awesome footage! Let me get this straight.. Only 1 Inspire was used at that shoot? 60% Of the footage had the Inspire in front of the lens? Which means that those shots were done with the Phantoms? The horizons looks pretty straight to me on all of the shots. Guess that there were PP done on all the video?
Yes. The footage from the Inspire doesn't have an Inspire in it :)

I did do some horizon correction, mostly to the GoPro footage, and once or twice on the Inspire footage. Also keep in mind this is a preproduction unit with a low end custom ND filter, so don't judge the camera quality too much based on this video.

Reactions: skillet
I have inspire1 and video recordings of inspire1 is better one gopro hero 4. I have Hero 4 before. The machine is fantastic to fly compared to phantom 2. Should you choose between phantom and something else, I recommend inspire1.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions