Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 w/ FLIR - any others out there?

Reaction score
Its a long shot but I'd thought i'd try...

Wondering if anyone on here has been able to get a FLIR Tau2 camera mounted onto their I1 and have that video input into the I1's light bridge.

I spoke to Intelligent UAS this past week. Since I already have both the FLIR and the I1, all they had to do was install the gimbal and wiring solutions. I am not downplaying what they need to do. They have developed proficiency with respect to retrofitting DJI products - I just can't afford the $1900 price tag to ship my drone to them.

I am not aiming to make a business out of this - just want to help with SA. But I am not rich enough to donate that much dough.

So plan B is it kindly ask if anyone has had experience running an input (video) into the light bridge? If so, would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Reactions: B-Eagle
I spoke with someone whom had some insight to this. He mentioned they were able to tap into the light-bridge to view the video only. The gimbal operated on a separate controller. So the bird was really a 2 person set up, unless you had some type of transmitter tray for the master transmitter and able to hold the other transmitter for the FLIR gimbal. I know of a number of individuals that are using the FLIR VUE and a dedicated 5.8 out the back to shoot the video to any 5.8 receiver. This way ANYONE that holds a 5.8 receiver can see it. Much more applicable for search and rescue. I am on the verge of ordering a VUE, and they way i see it is this..I know Im going to be busy VLOS flying the UAV, in the dark, by navigational lights only. I would want another person or several looking at the FLIR screen for the possible missing person or victim. That way nothing is missed by me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669