Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Inspire 1 w/ FLIR - any others out there?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by qbizzy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. qbizzy

Mar 5, 2015
    Its a long shot but I'd thought i'd try...

Wondering if anyone on here has been able to get a FLIR Tau2 camera mounted onto their I1 and have that video input into the I1's light bridge.

I spoke to Intelligent UAS this past week. Since I already have both the FLIR and the I1, all they had to do was install the gimbal and wiring solutions. I am not downplaying what they need to do. They have developed proficiency with respect to retrofitting DJI products - I just can't afford the $1900 price tag to ship my drone to them.

I am not aiming to make a business out of this - just want to help with SA. But I am not rich enough to donate that much dough.

So plan B is it kindly ask if anyone has had experience running an input (video) into the light bridge? If so, would appreciate your thoughts.

B-Eagle likes this.
  2. Machoman

Jul 22, 2015
    Why not give it a own sender and use a Fatsharks for it?
  3. bluethundr

Apr 21, 2015
    I spoke with someone whom had some insight to this. He mentioned they were able to tap into the light-bridge to view the video only. The gimbal operated on a separate controller. So the bird was really a 2 person set up, unless you had some type of transmitter tray for the master transmitter and able to hold the other transmitter for the FLIR gimbal. I know of a number of individuals that are using the FLIR VUE and a dedicated 5.8 out the back to shoot the video to any 5.8 receiver. This way ANYONE that holds a 5.8 receiver can see it. Much more applicable for search and rescue. I am on the verge of ordering a VUE, and they way i see it is this..I know Im going to be busy VLOS flying the UAV, in the dark, by navigational lights only. I would want another person or several looking at the FLIR screen for the possible missing person or victim. That way nothing is missed by me.