Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Inspire 1 Waypoints

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Carlos Eduardo Vásquez, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Carlos Eduardo Vásquez

Hi guys, I have a question about waypoints or the better use of coordinates with my Inspire 1.
    I want to elevate it vertically only, but facing or looking or targeting to a specific coordinate.
    How can I do that?
    Imagine a building two miles from the home point, I want to indicate the coordinates of the building and fly the Inspire 1 vertically until I can see the building, so I can take note of the needed height to see the building and if its posible, the distance from the home point to the building.
    How can I indicate the coordinates, just to target or face to it, not to fly to it.

2. Scotflieger

Hi Carlos

Welcome to the forum. This option is not currently available. It has been long promised by DJI and we may see something soon. There is a third party app (Autopilot) that is currently in beta testing that may help but I have no details.

As a photographer, I use an iOS App called The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE) which allows me to put a location and a viewpoint in and determine the line of sight, terrain masking and visibility. It also provides sunrise/sunset and current sun position and elevation.

3. Carlos Eduardo Vásquez

Thanks a lot, I will try those apps, I hope at least one do the job...

4. Carlos Eduardo Vásquez

I just check the apps you mention,
    Autopilot is still in beta test mode, there`s no release yet to use with the Inspire 1
    The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE) just get it... time to fly.
    Have a good day!!!

5. Carlos Eduardo Vásquez

I think Autopilot launch the solution...

New Features
    Version 2.0 TBD
    • Added Aircraft Types
      • Inspire 1
      • Phantom 3 - Professional
      • Phantom 3 - Advanced
      • Phantom 2 - Vision
    • Modes
      • Added Target Mode and Zip Line Mode
      • Updated to allow points-of-interest for Focus Subject, Orbit Center, Target Mark and Intercept Origin
      • Updated to allow RC as a location source (Inspire 1 RC only)
      • Updated the default altitude to 50 feet and default distance to 100 feet
      • Updated controls to display as a scrollable list with a show/hide advanced button
      • Added location offsets
      • Added an option to set angles to based on the current device heading
      • Added an option to set set angles, distance, and altitude based on the current aircraft position
      • Added Focus Mode Control for strategy, including subject, touch, joystick, direction, and passive
      • Updated Orbit Mode to specify speed in terms of percent instead of a leading angle
      • Updated Orbit, Zip Line, and Mimic Mode to allow 5 free trial flights
      • Updated Intercept Mode Controls to disallow setting a Direct Distance smaller than the Min Altitude
      • Renamed North angle relation to Absolute
      • Removed Mimic Mode Max Tilt control
      • Removed Hover Mode