Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 - Why all the sales??

i've seen this in video games so many times. advertise something the final product is not.

2 things can happen. the first, which only happens to 1% of anything is something changing that causes the value to go up beyond or keep retail value used. the first Ford GT's have increased by 40,000 above what they were originally from the dealer as an example, why? who knows but at auctions that's what people are willing to pay.

what will cause the inspire to decline in value? a superior product or one almost as good but far cheaper. the p3 is far cheaper but not superior, it's slower, smaller which makes it less versatile in windy conditions, landing gear is in the way for 360 camera movement and it doesn't look bad ***. nothing else on the market comes close to the inspire right now so the only people who can effectively "kill" it is DJI them selves, this is where most of the un-certainty and fear for the i1's future comes from, not competition

what could cause it to go up or hold little below retail value? final delivery on what we all thought it was going to do months ago. this is very likely. the auto pilot people are working on it and have demo videos proving some autonomous features and automatic object tracking by the camera are actually possible and will come out... just a matter of when and what else will be available by that time. the hand held mount 100 dollar mount for the i1 gimbal is also a extremely valuable feature when it comes out which would add a lot of popularity to the i1 package.

there is a ton of potential for the i1 to be useful for 2+ years with new features always coming out to keep current with it's newer competition. just like in video games, always tons of potential past their initial release but it's only the 1% where the people behind the scenes actually deliver to meet or exceed expectations.

i think since these features we are waiting on are being developed by independents who can make profit from further development put i1 owners in a safe position. DJI has their money, 1 billion dollars of it. consider them done with the i1, they are already on to new things, for them the I1 is on back back back burner.

Last edited:
I have my inspire for 3 weeks now (a bit more i think). I have nearly 4h of flight time with it, using two different batteries.

I used it for 3 different jobs for clients - inspecting the roofs of a companie's warehouses, a simple shot of a new building, and a more complicated job for a music festival (had issues with that one because of all the radio signals, lost contact 3 times with the aircraft but only once I didn't get it back within seconds and it flew back home on its own with no issues). All the other flights were recreational and for training purposes.

I had one "minor" crash, due to a bug that dji reported as fixed. I went up 1 meter in the air and it gained a mind of its own, going full speed left, I tried to manage it and did a little bump on a wall, but since it hit a moving blade it went bonkers and ended up breaking 3 blades and scuffing the plastic from the main body (no major issues).
I contacted dji , it has been 2 weeks and still no reply. Since i'm from Europe, the live chat from the 24/7 support is useless to me, they always tell me to contact Europe support via email.

So for now, my main complaint is the support, from my experience till today there is none. Other than that, the drone performs great, better than a severely upgraded, geared and professionally handled dji flame wheels f550. I'm an inexperienced pilot and im able to handle the same type of movements and shots has my buddy who has 3 years of flight time in his belt.

Im loosing my "fear of flying" but will never be at full. Maybe If I had bought a phantom 3 instead I wouldn't, since I would make half its value each time I had a gig with it. I have never flown one before, but at least I know (from a filmmakers perspective) it wouldn't be as easy to get the same results. If my main job was to fly drones professionally, I wouldn't go for a phantom or an inspire , Id get experienced with a cheap one and upgrade for a full sized drone with a real camera on it. The inspire is easy to fly, and ready to fly out of the box, a great fit for me. Now let's see if the support improves as the company matures a bit.

Well said.
F DJI.
F THE GUTLESS PEOPLE WHO DON'T MAKE THE CHINESE BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR PRODUCTS.
And this ******** about sending your inspire all the way back to china for warranty work is ridiculous. CUSTOMER SUPPORT, dji, you know nothing about this.

Edited by moderator for language. Trust me he is mad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen brother, all true
Well said.
F DJI.
F THE GUTLESS PEOPLE WHO DON'T MAKE THE CHINESE BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR PRODUCTS.
And this ******** about sending your inspire all the way back to china for warranty work is ridiculous. CUSTOMER SUPPORT, dji, you know nothing about this.

I have my Inspire now for 5 weeks and never had an issue,except for the zipper of the suitcase. Suitcase was replaced by my dealer immediatly. So, in short I'am happy with my purchase as far as the Inspire is concerned.
The only thing is that I want the POV function and groundstation working and I want a handheld for my camera. Meanwhile I understood some people are already waiting 6 months. I really hope the software and hardware is available in the Netherlands before July 15. I'll need it than for a special project.

Reactions: Glen
Yeah I'm with you Rob. Very happy with I1.
But I wouldn't count too much on the Gimbal hand mount though. The software might just be there, parts of it. It won't be much longer that we get POI at least.
He spoke.....wishfully sighing......

In the mean time I just take off the props and walk around with the I1 as a steady cam when needed. Not too bad. Looks stupid ridiculous or totally cool, it's in the eye of the beholder. In transport mode it looks cool :)

well guys, I'm no longer an inspire pilot. After being jerked around by CS and hearing about all that entails to get a replacement or repair,,,I'm done. I sent my 3 day old unit in for a refund. If you want to read my story, go on over to DJI inspire area of the forum and read "Died at day 3"

http://forum.dji.com/thread-19582-1-1.html

well guys, I'm no longer an inspire pilot. After being jerked around by CS and hearing about all that entails to get a replacement or repair,,,I'm done. I sent my 3 day old unit in for a refund. If you want to read my story, go on over to DJI inspire area of the forum and read "Died at day 3"

http://forum.dji.com/thread-19582-1-1.html

Sorry to hear about that.

It is really weird, first time I see that happen, but things like this do happen. I had an imac (apple computer) that broke, they sent me a new one, it broke when the store clerk turned it on at the store. The exact same thing happened with my ipad. People tell me "ow thats just unfortunate", I always replied that it was too big of a coincidence. Maybe it was just unfortunate. What I mean is, maybe what happened to you is "just unfortunate" or maybe Dji is proving to be unreliable.

I sure hope nothing like that happens to me, specially at this point where the customer support is non-existent. But support is getting better, general electronic stores are starting to sell inspires and most importantly spare parts. Yesterday I ordered some props and a plastic body (for the main body) from a store that is the portuguese equivalent to "Best Buy". I will be getting them today. I sent Europe support an email 3 weeks ago, and only got my reply now with an apology letter. The company is new, we have to give it time to mature and get things straight, but with an issue like that is hard to deal with at this point, so maybe you did the right thing.

Sorry to hear about that.

It is really weird, first time I see that happen, but things like this do happen. I had an imac (apple computer) that broke, they sent me a new one, it broke when the store clerk turned it on at the store. The exact same thing happened with my ipad. People tell me "ow thats just unfortunate", I always replied that it was too big of a coincidence. Maybe it was just unfortunate. What I mean is, maybe what happened to you is "just unfortunate" or maybe Dji is proving to be unreliable.

I sure hope nothing like that happens to me, specially at this point where the customer support is non-existent. But support is getting better, general electronic stores are starting to sell inspires and most importantly spare parts. Yesterday I ordered some props and a plastic body (for the main body) from a store that is the portuguese equivalent to "Best Buy". I will be getting them today. I sent Europe support an email 3 weeks ago, and only got my reply now with an apology letter. The company is new, we have to give it time to mature and get things straight, but with an issue like that is hard to deal with at this point, so maybe you did the right thing.

I think so. And I encourage people to wait unless you NEED it for business reasons. and then can do without it for 8 weeks if something doesn't function. Whether it be internal or your crash it. Had my incident happened 4 days later....I'd be in the 8 week que to get it repaired. For something I had no control over. I'll wait until the company and buisiness practices improve or something better comes along with the proper support. Which ever comes first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool