Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 with new lightbridge 2 remote

Reaction score
Hi All,

This may be a silly question, I am wondering about getting a new lightbridge 2 remote and if it is compatible with the original inspire 1. The reason for this is I am looking for a better HDMI (or SDI) output in 1080p.

I have done a few live shows where I take the HDMI output then go into Decimator MD-HX which converts the 720p60 output into any format SDI I want. I would like to be able to output straight SDI if possible.

Thanks for anyone's input.

DJI says it isn't, LB2 supposedly uses a newer, significantly different technology. I haven't read of anyone actually trying.

Hi All,

This may be a silly question, I am wondering about getting a new lightbridge 2 remote and if it is compatible with the original inspire 1. The reason for this is I am looking for a better HDMI (or SDI) output in 1080p.

I have done a few live shows where I take the HDMI output then go into Decimator MD-HX which converts the 720p60 output into any format SDI I want. I would like to be able to output straight SDI if possible.

Thanks for anyone's input.

Curtis I need your help please.
I have 2 lightbridge 1 and I'm having problems to convert hdmi to sdi.
I have Blackmagic hdmi to sdi battery converter, but it don't work with lightbridge 1 hdmi output.
I need to be sure that DECIMATOR MD-HX can convert hdmi signal for all lightbridge 1 devices. (it seems to be different hardware on lightbridge 1. Sometimes hdmi to sdi converters works and sometimes no). tell me about you experience please.
thank you and sorry about my english

Curtis I need your help please.
I have 2 lightbridge 1 and I'm having problems to convert hdmi to sdi.
I have Blackmagic hdmi to sdi battery converter, but it don't work with lightbridge 1 hdmi output.
I need to be sure that DECIMATOR MD-HX can convert hdmi signal for all lightbridge 1 devices. (it seems to be different hardware on lightbridge 1. Sometimes hdmi to sdi converters works and sometimes no). tell me about you experience please.
thank you and sorry about my english

Hi Gerardo,
The Decimator will take your 720p60 (or 720p50) signal and then convert it to any sdi signal you want.

I use it by taking in the 720p60 HDMI signal, then converting it to 1080i5994 SDI.

I did also try the Blackmagic HDMI to SDI and it didn't ever detect the 720p60 hdmi signal.

Reactions: Gerardo
Hi Gerardo,
The Decimator will take your 720p60 (or 720p50) signal and then convert it to any sdi signal you want.

I use it by taking in the 720p60 HDMI signal, then converting it to 1080i5994 SDI.

I did also try the Blackmagic HDMI to SDI and it didn't ever detect the 720p60 hdmi signal.
Thank you for your reply!!
So you are telling me that you have used DJI Lightbridge 1 with Decimator MD-HX with success and Blackmagic converter with no success. Am i Ok?. Can you confirm me that please?

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply!!
So you are telling me that you have used DJI Lightbridge 1 with Decimator MD-HX with success and Blackmagic converter with no success. Am i Ok?. Can you confirm me that please?
Update: Curtis, i bought the Decimator MD-HX...and I can't get no satisfaction :(

My setup is:

Gopro 720 25p - Lightbridge 1 (I have two units and no one works with decimator) - realtime - 50Hz

The Decimator does not recognize any input signal on the hdmi port. (image attached)20160210_165720_resized.jpg

- I have tested with another hdmi source and decimator works ok.
- I have converted the hdmi signal from lightbridge to rca video and works ok (Mini Composite AV CVBS 3RCA to HDMI Video Converter Adapter 720p 1080p Upscaler)

Please tell me if you have a trick.

Thank you very much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962