Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1, X5, TB47, 6 - 7min flight times

Reaction score
Website
www.droneworks.org.nz
Hi guys.

Recently (finally) upgraded to the X5 on my non-pro Inspire. I knew the flight times would drop, had heard 9 - 12mins was expected from a '47 but I am getting between 6 and 7mins on average. This time is consistent across all my 10 batteries when landing at 25 - 30% during normal, real world flight conditions.

Am I expecting too much or is there something else going on? Prop wise it has the 1345s fitted.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Hi guys.

Recently (finally) upgraded to the X5 on my non-pro Inspire. I knew the flight times would drop, had heard 9 - 12mins was expected from a '47 but I am getting between 6 and 7mins on average. This time is consistent across all my 10 batteries when landing at 25 - 30% during normal, real world flight conditions.

Am I expecting too much or is there something else going on? Prop wise it has the 1345s fitted.

How many flights do you have on your batteries -- 6-7 min is not what it should be with 25%-30% at landing. I just flew yesterday and flew one flight with my only TB-47 battery. I was in the air for 7:44 and landed with 45% remaining. My second flight. using a TB-48 lasted 13:33 and I landed with 25% remaining.

The only other thing that might effect the flight time would be air density -- what was the elevation where you flew?

Brian

How many flights do you have on your batteries -- 6-7 min is not what it should be with 25%-30% at landing. I just flew yesterday and flew one flight with my only TB-47 battery. I was in the air for 7:44 and landed with 45% remaining. My second flight. using a TB-48 lasted 13:33 and I landed with 25% remaining.

The only other thing that might effect the flight time would be air density -- what was the elevation where you flew?

Brian

Thanks for the quick reply. The batteries range from 40 flights to 15 or thereabouts. I just did a hover only test indoors and got 7mins at 30% and 8mins at 15%. I am about 1200ft / 365m above sea level.

Thanks for the quick reply. The batteries range from 40 flights to 15 or thereabouts. I just did a hover only test indoors and got 7mins at 30% and 8mins at 15%. I am about 1200ft / 365m above sea level.

Have you ever done the full drain thing with the batteries? You are supposed to periodically drain the battery until they shut off so the battery controller can calibrate themselves better. When you turn the motors by hand is there any motors that are harder to turn than the others -- they should turn easily with a bit of cogging.

Lastly, although I've not had the need to do it you may wish to search here for a battery reset trick that requires popping the top of the battery, disconnecting a plug for a few minutes, then putting everything back. Perhaps someone that's more familiar with the process can chime in...

Brian

I'm only getting 10-11 minutes on my TB48s using the X3 with 30% remaining. I fully drain every 10 charges or so, all batteries have been charged nearly 30 times each. Ground level is approx 200ft above SL and flight altitudes average 200-250ft. Used to get 16-18 min on average, this is a significant decrease.

When you insert a freshly charged battery into the Inspire and check the battery status on the goapp what is the total capacity of the battery.

When you insert a freshly charged battery into the Inspire and check the battery status on the goapp what is the total capacity of the battery.
I'll admit that I don't recall but will check. What should one expect for readings for roughly 30 cycles?

I have enjoyed much success with this battery deep cycling and storage device, as have many others who have chimed in, including Editor I believe: Phantom Angel

I do not have any TB47's but my 30 + charged TB 48's are only down a couple hundred mah if that.
Looked at one of my TB47s (less than 20 charge cycles) after it was charged to 100 % and it was reading 4080. I'm wondering if the 180w charger might be causing some premature breakdown of these batteries.

Looked at one of my TB47s (less than 20 charge cycles) after it was charged to 100 % and it was reading 4080. I'm wondering if the 180w charger might be causing some premature breakdown of these batteries.
Could be. I am getting about 6 or 7 minutes like the OP on my original TB47 batteries. They are at the point where they are just about useless so I'll be replacing them with new TB48s. I've tried deep cycling etc. and nothing seems to really work to get the flight times back up. Mind you these batteries likely have over 70 charge cycles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips