Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1Pro switches to ATTI and crashes

Ever experienced your drone switch from P-GPS to ATTI by itself?

• No

• Yes, but nothing happened fortunately

• Yes my bird crashed

Results are only viewable after voting.
The op does not have an Apple Watch by any chance ?

Can you tell us more about the new location you went to and got the compass error, what type of ground ? Building or land ? Concrete or mud ?

Any large structures around ?

When I had a Phantom I first calibrated before every take off as instructed by the manual. When I realized the problem with that, according to what you have explained in the posts above, I only recalibrated when visiting a different location as in a whole different city. Is that a good approach or is even that uneccessary? I mean north is north wherever I go.

Maybe the best approach is to make absolutely sure you are in an area clean from magnetic fields (is there a way to check this?) when making your calibration and don't recalibrate unless you either

A) Make firmware upgrade or
B) Change location to one that is very far away.

What's your take on this?

When I had a Phantom I first calibrated before every take off as instructed by the manual. When I realized the problem with that, according to what you have explained in the posts above, I only recalibrated when visiting a different location as in a whole different city. Is that a good approach or is even that uneccessary? I mean north is north wherever I go.

Maybe the best approach is to make absolutely sure you are in an area clean from magnetic fields (is there a way to check this?) when making your calibration and don't recalibrate unless you either

A) Make firmware upgrade or
B) Change location to one that is very far away.

What's your take on this?

I have not calibrated my compass on the P4 after the launch day I received it and flown all over the UK with out issue.

Do I good one and only do it again with absolute reason too like a few hundred miles or a change to what's fitted to the product like external accessories, but just to note in theory changing from the X3 to X5 could prompt for a calibration as they have very different EMI outputs.

I think the next stable firmware upgrade will be buying the Inspire 2, so sick of all these random issues like this with this exenspive Inspire 1, completely ridiculous.

Final update

I brought the crashed drone to Droneland in Almere for they are the dutch distributor and the best dealer I know.

After a lot of hassle where DJI first did receive the Inspire but not the crash report, then could not log into the flight logs, then said the drone did not crash after which I resend the last flight log. After almost 10 weeks DJI finally admitted that the crash was not my fault and replaced the Inspire for a brand new one.

End good all good? Let's say yes.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Reactions: rcinlasvegas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44