Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1v2: Plaid carbon only for DJI repairs?

Reaction score
I purchased a slightly used 1v2 complete from Adorama. When it arrived, I noticed the 'plaid' pattern carbon tubes. I was worried because in the event of a crash, would I be stuck replacing both arms because they don't make plaid any longer? The battery holder tag says "Inspire1v2.0, D601", transmitter is a "C".

I was worried and did some searching. It turns out...

• DJI used both carbon patterns, represented by two different manufacturing processes/suppliers
  • New replacements arms available in camo and plaid on Ebay, etc, for about same price/availability
  • DJI repair parts list has ONLY THE PLAID in the parts list
  • For what its worth, the Inspire 2 uses only plaid pattern.

The last two bullet points ease my concerns, but I was wondering about the experience of you guys who have had arms replaced by DJI.

Thanks!

From DJI service site: Login | DJI Account
Inspire 1 Left Arm Kit (Plaid) 64.00
Inspire 1 Right Arm Kit (Plaid) 64.00
Inspire 1 Sweepback Right External Arm (Plaid) 26.00
Inspire 1 Sweepback Left External Arm (Plaid) 26.00
Inspire 1 Sweepback Main Arm Right (Plaid) 12.00
Inspire 1 Sweepback Main Arm Left (Plaid) 12.00

I have never broken an arm but have seen dozens of pictures of them broken. The consistent thing I see is that all of the pictures that I have seen of broken arms were the camo type. Not one single picture of a broken woven tube.
I am not saying that it is impossible to break the woven type, but again, I have never seen it.
It would appear that DJI has stopped using the camo type. Everything they are making now is the woven type.
I2, Matrice, Ronin.
Hmmmmm.........
Mine is woven and I am glad.

Woven 'plaid' have broken, but may
I have never broken an arm but have seen dozens of pictures of them broken. The consistent thing I see is that all of the pictures that I have seen of broken arms were the camo type. Not one single picture of a broken woven tube.
I am not saying that it is impossible to break the woven type, but again, I have never seen it.
It would appear that DJI has stopped using the camo type. Everything they are making now is the woven type.
I2, Matrice, Ronin.
Hmmmmm.........
Mine is woven and I am glad.

There have been a few reports of woven 'plaid' tubes breaking. Maybe less evidence of it because there are less of them in the world. DJI may have stopped making new camo ones all together since (I assume) Inspire 1 is phasing out of production. Dunno.

Waiting to hear from the recent DJI repair facility 'victims'. This is what may be in store...

DJI-Inspire-1-Broken-X5-Vibration-Board-Replacement-2-1030x686.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased a slightly used 1v2 complete from Adorama. When it arrived, I noticed the 'plaid' pattern carbon tubes. I was worried because in the event of a crash, would I be stuck replacing both arms because they don't make plaid any longer? The battery holder tag says "Inspire1v2.0, D601", transmitter is a "C".

I was worried and did some searching. It turns out...

• DJI used both carbon patterns, represented by two different manufacturing processes/suppliers
  • New replacements arms available in camo and plaid on Ebay, etc, for about same price/availability
  • DJI repair parts list has ONLY THE PLAID in the parts list
  • For what its worth, the Inspire 2 uses only plaid pattern.

The last two bullet points ease my concerns, but I was wondering about the experience of you guys who have had arms replaced by DJI.

Thanks!

From DJI service site: Login | DJI Account
Inspire 1 Left Arm Kit (Plaid) 64.00
Inspire 1 Right Arm Kit (Plaid) 64.00
Inspire 1 Sweepback Right External Arm (Plaid) 26.00
Inspire 1 Sweepback Left External Arm (Plaid) 26.00
Inspire 1 Sweepback Main Arm Right (Plaid) 12.00
Inspire 1 Sweepback Main Arm Left (Plaid) 12.00
Subject already covered......
Inspire 1 carbon fibre arms.. Weave vs camo

You sure abut that? ;) Read my question;
" but I was wondering about the experience of you guys who have had arms replaced by DJI. "
and..
" Waiting to hear from the recent DJI repair facility 'victims' "

I was wondering about current replacement stock if you get service from DJI for a repair.
Understood

Broke my plaid tubes. Getting it back from DJI repair California on Wednesday of next week. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'll be pissed if I get a camo tube on my V2 pro

Woven 'plaid' have broken, but may

There have been a few reports of woven 'plaid' tubes breaking. Maybe less evidence of it because there are less of them in the world. DJI may have stopped making new camo ones all together since (I assume) Inspire 1 is phasing out of production. Dunno.

Waiting to hear from the recent DJI repair facility 'victims'. This is what may be in store...

DJI-Inspire-1-Broken-X5-Vibration-Board-Replacement-2-1030x686.jpg
I am a recipient of the "new" arm. Recently while on a job the unthinkable happened and the right rear arm of my Inspire 1 shattered on impact. I had no other choices offered and told the repair service center I don't care if its blue just get me back and running :) The impact was severe and was surprised there was not more damage .. kinda like the look now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74