Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire 2 battery charger and AC cables look different

Reaction score
Website
www.beverlyhillsaerials.com
inspire 2 battery charger and AC cables look different from what was shipped with the inspire 2 and what is being sold as a single unit.

I haven't received my extra charger so don't know yet... but they look like different sizes and different prongs? anyone else notice this or receive their extra charger to confirm yet? I like that the one that shipped with the inspire was smaller then the inspire 2.... but if its bigger i would imagine it would charge faster... but the specs don't state that..... I have a extra charger ordered from advexure and DJI, ill update when either arrives.

Attachments

• IMG_6853.JPG
    IMG_6853.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0270 2.JPG
    IMG_0270 2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.59.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.59.24 AM.png
    730 KB · Views: 75
The power adapter that shipped with the I2 is 180W, the same as the listed rating for the separate power adapter.

Given that it ships without a power cord, it is probably a good thing if the separate one is using a standard 'kettle lead' rather than the clover leaf type...

The power adapter that shipped with the I2 is 180W, the same as the listed rating for the separate power adapter.

Given that it ships without a power cord, it is probably a good thing if the separate one is using a standard 'kettle lead' rather than the clover leaf type...

I just got mine. It may be the same rating but it is physically bigger. It does take a different power cord.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

0ba770be762bccee7166ee32a4dd5c2e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

I just received mine last night, and did a quick test, set up both new and original side by side and had them both charging two batteries, they finished at just about the same time. So there is no difference in charge speed at all.. I think they just went with the bigger version to keep build costs down. The smaller you go the more expensive the parts are!

I just received mine last night, and did a quick test, set up both new and original side by side and had them both charging two batteries, they finished at just about the same time. So there is no difference in charge speed at all.. I think they just went with the bigger version to keep build costs down. The smaller you go the more expensive the parts are!

Also the previous I1 charger was the exact same build as the I2 one that you can purchase separately so tooling and parts wise in the DJI Factory they've already got that version from the I1. Who knows, maybe in future months that extra adaptor will eventually change to exact same as the one included with the I2 unit...they could just be using overrun on the I1 power adaptors..just a thought

Reactions: Jason Boucher
can anyone comment the heat emission, any difference between both charger?

Both get relatively hot to the touch, don't see any profound difference in operating temps. Have never specifically watched charge times between the two but have always found sets charging on the one that comes with the I2 and the Spare Adaptor to be very close to the same.

Reactions: JoePGM
can anyone comment the heat emission, any difference between both charger?

I have both chargers and just finished charging 2 batteries in each hub. After 5 minutes into the charge the smaller charger brick consistently ran 10-12 degrees hotter thru the entire charge. I measured the temps using a small infrared temp gage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen