Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 battery modification

I have 4 multistar 3s 5200 packs like new in their boxes I would be willing to sell.
I thought they were a little heavy for the I1, (but will be perfect for the I2)

Not sure what you are asking. There is a dremeled hole in the plastic housing that holds the plugs for the motors. I thread my wires through there, then I thread my wires through the bottom of the metal chassis of the Inspire 2 (which I also dremeled out). The plastic housing is then screwed onto the inside of the chassis and the wires dangle underneath the Inspire 2.

Can you mod mine?!!

As far as charging/discharging/storage,..... I can't imagine not flying my i2 every day. At the min every other day. And there's just no way in hell I wouldn't fly it the 10 days it suggests you discharge them at.

just in case anybody wants ty this, in developer mode you can choose to use non dji batteries

Patscherpofel, How is this done?

Sorry all, I've been away from the forums for awhile.

I'm on my 3rd I2 after many problems (and dealing with DJI's repair service). I've been flying my latest I2 for about a month with no issues (finally) and haven't gotten around to re-installing the battery mod.

Fredz, I think I used my battery mod maybe 15 times or so in total. It worked every time and I usually got 24-25 minutes. I can't remember what it was down to 10%, but I rarely go down to that level when flying. Oh, and I'm located in Kansas City, MO.

delucenay, your best bet is to do the mod yourself. The pain in the butt to send it to me and then back would cost a ton, plus it takes me around 2 hours to do the whole thing. I don't have a ton of spare time so I would probably charge a lot. I don't think it is worth it to be honest. It isn't particularly hard to do. It just takes patience and care. I think I posted a bunch of pics to start out this thread on how I got to the point where I spliced in.

Reactions: DaveDotNet
there is some good tutorials on you tube
search for developer mode mavic or chech the channel of digdat0
once connected to the assitant you can basically treat is as a A3 plus much more

A 5200 6s multistar should work just fine. I've gotten good results with my inspire 1 with that setup

I'm in the process of adding extra battery terminals, a second fpv cam, lightning mounts, and a few other tweaks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg