Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

INSPIRE 2 best settings for the X5S

Reaction score
Hello I am having some trouble trying to get the best of the X5S. I use SD maybe in the future when I make more money I will go for the ssd. Sometimes when I fly and I move the camera I see some frame jumps on the image so maybe my settings are not the correct ones, can someone help me with this matter? Anyway my settings are in fullhd Pal, 25 fps the rest in auto etc. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: Lee and Lesmess
25fps is your issue... higher framerate is better on moving platforms.

If you want the motion blur in your final production, most editing programs can interpolate footage to another framerate. And you get the added benefit of being able to do true slow motion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Thanks for your answer... I will try to do so. I saw some tutorials that they record in 47.950 narrow FOV, do you think that would be ok with that settings instead 25? In full hd.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando InspirePilots

I assume you're shooting in 4k?
Unless you absolutely need it for clients, 1080 is beautiful on the X5S.

Personally I shoot in 1080 @ 130fps and interpolate to 24fps in post.
I use 4k shooting mostly for cutting a section out at 1920x1080 to make sure what I'm shooting stays in frame without losing pixels even in extreme cases, however the speed of camera movements you can make is severely diminished the lower the frame rate.

If you're set on 4k (and 47.9), try using the tripod mode and it should help with motion blur and tearing.

Reactions: 2VS
Hi again I shoot in 1920x1080 25fps, but try to see the clip I send, can you see I little jumps on the image? Is that normal? When I move the camera you can see the jumps
A leave a link to my Dropbox so you can see it, let me know your opinion:

Dropbox - DJI.mov

Thanks again

I see.... firstly, what kind of SD card are you using?
Second is that looks like standard "rolling shutter" to me... but could be a slow SD causing data rate issues.

Cool, you're good there... like I said, looks like standard rolling shutter... try a higher framerate, should be the ticket.

Question, if you're already in 1080, why not shoot at 130fps? Movies are moving more and more away from the 24fps model, and most broadcast TV here in the states is a minimum of 60fps anymore.

Thanks for the tip I will try 130fps, where do I change to 130fps?
IMG_0742.JPG
I don't see it... sorry for all the questions

Thanks a lot for your help, next time I will let you know how it was

Any luck yet?
I have some more info/questions I didn't think to ask before....

Are you using ND filters? And what shutter speed vs. frame rate are you at?

Good rule of thumb is to double shutter speed of whatever frame rate, that also effects the amount of light needed, and shooting outside almost always requires a filter to do so.

For example: I shoot at 130fps, 1/320...
I either have to stop way down to 11 and ISO 100, or add a ND32 filter and I'm able to open up the aperture and gain some ISO sensitivity.

Hi!!! I could not try it today. But I try to change to 130fps changing to MP4 and it does not show up. Look at the picture
5a2b79193fc206a752350e6d96ef474b.png
017657786e5cdc59f0927e17ec605b79.png

Even in h265 it does not show up 130fps could you take a picture of yours... whenever you fly it?

I haven't flown in a while, I have the bad red props and DJI sucks at fixing their problems. I also haven't used the GO App since the last update because it crashes.

I'll bust it out in a day or two and get a pic... in the meantime, 119 is more than enough, if you're still having the issue, it's the SD card possibly as the minimum rating speed is slower than 10MB/s on that one I was seeing.

I also have the issue of the red props noise, is amazing for what we pay and they don't even answer. I send 6 emails at least and now answer, all what the store that I bought it told me is to send the props to dji. That means no flying until I get new ones... anyway is true that if you fly with those props eve thing is supuse to be ok because when the props star to spin they get tight.
Another thing that I can tell you is that I try on the inspire the props of high altitud and they work great no noise, no sounds perfect but I don't want to spend 25€ each just because is their fault. If you have any news about it let me know.
Another thing is that in April the new batteries are coming that they will work on the inspire so don't spend money on it, the bateries os the matrice 200 will work on the inspire 2

Reactions: amorrison

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen