Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 boosted remote

No real long distance tests done because I2 battery packs are joke.. but both, Alfa APA-25 (dual range panels) and maxxrange 2.4g panel (www.maxxuav.com) results are superior compared to stock setup. EU-mode.

100% signal rates (airdata.com) on flights. With stock radio, i was not able to go anywhere near to the point where i'm turning back to to the home now (same direction flghts) and lost signal completely, triggering RTH.

No real long distance tests done because I2 battery packs are joke.. but both, Alfa APA-25 (dual range panels) and maxxrange 2.4g panel (www.maxxuav.com) results are superior compared to stock setup. EU-mode.

100% signal rates (airdata.com) on flights. With stock radio, i was not able to go anywhere near to the point where i'm turning back to to the home now (same direction flghts) and lost signal completely, triggering RTH.
If you want to fly BVLOS, join the military....

If you would like to hear about what you can legally and safely do with boosted signals, ie: penetration.... we can chat.

I used an ARGTEC antenna setup from an I1, works good in some of the most dense and signal packed areas of the east coast USA.

No need to teach me Japanese or US regulations, hopefully we can keep this thread for those who are interested purely on range related things without country regulations. I've done army more than 15years ago, thanks for the tip.. just sharing my experience with 2 different panels, thats all.

For best penetration, i have had airside amplifiers and dual-quad dipoles with totally different style antennas on RC side, but thats different story and also different DJI model. I've tried ARGtek antenna setups but not with good success, very cheap chinese panels, imo.

I'd like to see a setup for dual band inspire 2 . I've had boosted fvplr an dbs panel on my p4 i1 . My 2 doesn't go a thousand feet without glitch or drop out . I need penetration . The stock is horrible.

No need to teach me Japanese or US regulations, hopefully we can keep this thread for those who are interested purely on range related things without country regulations. I've done army more than 15years ago, thanks for the tip.. just sharing my experience with 2 different panels, thats all.

For best penetration, i have had airside amplifiers and dual-quad dipoles with totally different style antennas on RC side, but thats different story and also different DJI model. I've tried ARGtek antenna setups but not with good success, very cheap chinese panels, imo.
Yes, cheap and simple systems... and they work good for my uses in some ungodly cramped airspace.

No doubt amplified systems are stronger, but require more backend.

I'd like to see a setup for dual band inspire 2 . I've had boosted fvplr an dbs panel on my p4 i1 . My 2 doesn't go a thousand feet without glitch or drop out . I need penetration . The stock is horrible.
IMO, that's easy, waiting on one of those 3d printed sleds for the previous stuff. Going to mod it with 4 antennas, as both bands use dual antennas in the I2.

Reactions: rulppa

alfa-panels_i2.jpg

I would say maxxrange with 2.4ghz is better, but while the batteries limits, this will do ok with medium distances. There is new dual range panel coming from maxxuav soon, i will test that later. Difference with both is like night and day, compared to stock.

alfa-panels_i2.jpg

I would say maxxrange with 2.4ghz is better, but while the batteries limits, this will do ok with medium distances. There is new dual range panel coming from maxxuav soon, i will test that later. Difference with both is like night and day, compared to stock.
Thank you . Is that running just 2.4 or both . I found this booster but only has one lead going out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170326-124041.png
    Screenshot_20170326-124041.png
    865.4 KB · Views: 69
alfa-panels_i2.jpg

Did you do the install . I've had p4 an inspire 1 remotes apart . Is it similar setup ? I've seen a mavic remote apart that doesn't look too much fun

Dualband, 2.4/5.8 both panels, did the install myself. There is quite much more stuff inside I2 rc, compared to other "full size" DJI radios. Not much space under the hood and takes more time to do the install. Be careful if you decide to mod it,

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
Dualband, 2.4/5.8 both panels, did the install myself. There is quite much more stuff inside I2 rc, compared to other "full size" DJI radios. Not much space under the hood and takes more time to do the install. Be careful if you decide to mod it,
I'm gonna go for seperate antennas and boosters and see what that gets me... when I say crowded... oh boy!

Reactions: Ftolino
Switching between bands is SW based, not sure if the control link always stays at 2.4 and just the video link switches between 2.4 or 5.8, unless locked by user. In the middle, between antennas (inside remote) there is two small 5.8 panels for slave RC.

Switching between bands is SW based, not sure if the control link always stays at 2.4 and just the video link switches between 2.4 or 5.8, unless locked by user. In the middle, between antennas (inside remote) there is two small 5.8 panels for slave RC.
Those are THE 5.8 antennas.... the external antennas do not have the separate 5.8 element.

Ok so would the inspire 1 say dbs/fvplr work on the 2 then per say

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44