Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 case??

Anyone use a Think Tank?

I received an email today from Think Tank advertising a AIRPORT HELIPAK V2.0 FOR DJI PHANTOM and found an assortment of models including an Inspire version on their website.

Helipak™ for DJI Inspire

Think Tank is the most popular camera bag for professional photographers and I own and love two myself; the Shape Shifter Backpack and Airport Security rolling bag. Mine have held up beautifully to very heavy use and abuse and I would expect the same from their Drone bags.

I was surprised to find out Think Tank made Drone cases but glad to hear they do. If I buy one, they will be on my short list.

I use the Think Tank case for the inspire 1 pro. It is the best case I have owned. It is good for local use but not for travel.

Reactions: randyman
Anyone use a Think Tank?

I received an email today from Think Tank advertising a AIRPORT HELIPAK V2.0 FOR DJI PHANTOM and found an assortment of models including an Inspire version on their website.

Helipak™ for DJI Inspire

Think Tank is the most popular camera bag for professional photographers and I own and love two myself; the Shape Shifter Backpack and Airport Security rolling bag. Mine have held up beautifully to very heavy use and abuse and I would expect the same from their Drone bags.

I was surprised to find out Think Tank made Drone cases but glad to hear they do. If I buy one, they will be on my short list.

I contacted Think Tank and they said the Helipak for the I1 will not work with the I2 as the I2 is a bit wider.

Ok, at first I just pulled out a tape measure. What kinda help would I be if I gave you my jacked up dimensions? So here are the specs as listed on Pelican's site: <--- URL Link to the product

INTERIOR (L X W X D)
22.50" x 21.10" x 11.40" (57.2 x 53.6 x 29 cm)

EXTERIOR (L X W X D)
24.90" x 23.70" x 13.10" (63.2 x 60.2 x 33.3 cm)

This image is of the remote cutout. In the Inspire 2 version, there is a circular cutout for your cables.
View attachment 12298

This is a pic of one of the battery bays. These bays, because the I2's batteries are smaller, allow for storage on top of them. The case holds six batteries in the space provided plus two stored in the bird totaling eight. Note that because the battery compartment is larger, I have chosen to store the battery charging power supply here.
View attachment 12299

A top down view of the case with the bird in it. Top left is my single remote (I am still waiting for all of my accessories from AMP. They are delayed to the Chinese New Year). Bottom right is the second remote storage pictured above. Top center is a place to securely store four CINESSDs. I will put the CINESSD station in the compartment with the battery power supply. Bottom center is the battery charging station. Bottom left is the second battery storage compartment. After the batteries are inserted, the hard case for the X5S stores on top.
View attachment 12300

Pretty much the same image as above, but the X5S case is inserted.
View attachment 12301

This was annoying to me, and pretty much my only "con" for this case. You will notice the propeller storage slot on the bottom of this image. When it arrived, this pocket was EXTREMELY small, I removed a layer of styrofoam that rested against the inside of the case. This made this compartment quite a bit larger and allowed me to put documents that I always go out on location with (IE: COAs, manuals, flight logs, etc) One huge plus about this case over my Inspire 1 case though, is that this one came with the cutouts actually removed! My Inspire 1 case was precut, but I had to remove and discard all of the cutouts.
View attachment 12302

This is the exterior. Nothing to write home about here...
View attachment 12303

Hope this helps you make a decision. In my humble opinion, you cannot go wrong with Pelican. Ohh, just an FYI, the linear inches for this case is 61.7... NOT OVERSIZE

If you do not mind me asking, would you be able to supply a price for the case? I looked on the Amazon Germany site and they are saying approximately $1100, while the Amazon UK site says approximately $400. Big difference in price. The price you paid may give an indication of which is correct. Thanks in advance.

An empty im2875 case should be around 400€.

A link to a Peli reseller (& £ prices) I've used in the UK Casemarket Peli Prices (UK) - unfortunately, it doesn't look like they'll deliver to Finland, but at least their site will give you an idea of the range and a guide price.

Hope that helps!

Again, Nick, you are a plethora of information. Here is what I see on Amazon UK Amazon.co.uk: pelican im2875, now I need to find a re-seller that delivers to Finland. :) This is from the German Amazon site: Pelican Storm Case iM2875 Storm Case mit: Amazon.de: Kamera, looks like they will deliver here.

Ouch! that first seller is extortionately priced! If they can sell a Peli for nearly 3.5x (£811) it's dealer price (£234), then I think I'll start selling them too!!! Can you message them and ask if it's gold plated!!! :D

That's the plan. I will contact them later today. Regardless, I will order a case as the case that comes with the I2 simply does not inspire (play on words there) 2 (another play on words) much confidence in repeated travelings.

I have the GoProfessional Case for Travel mode and it works great.. As a matter of fact.. it says that it only holds 8 batteries, but I've got it to hold 10.. ;) Love this case.
I like the layout of this case but it's dimensions are about 2 inches over the airline 62" cutoff. Has anyone flown with this case and if so, were you charged the oversized baggage fee? Or is this dimension so close that the airlines don't notice?

Last edited:
Does anyone sell the foam insert for the iM2875 case? I melted and sliced through the foam that came with it, but would rather have something that looks professional.

Hey Guys,

I bought a new Case from my dealer! (Accu Case)
www.tomcase.de (send international)

I am surprised about the Quality.

Attachments

• DSC06098.JPG
    DSC06098.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • DSC06099.JPG
    DSC06099.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • DSC06100.JPG
    DSC06100.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC06102.JPG
    DSC06102.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC06105.JPG
    DSC06105.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
I decided that I would use the existing I2 case and wrap it in this for folding bike travel bag for my driving around with my vehicle: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/151-8592020-0229012?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Vincita+Sightseer+the+Foldable+Travel+Set+for+Brompton+No+Bike+Logo

It may not be 'gorilla proof' for an airline, but the sides are padded and there is room for some reinforcement. I like that it is low key and does not announce that something valuable is within.

I am hoping later when I am ready for a stronger case there will be some excellent choices out there. Like a backpack that fits in a hard case... I will be using the I2 in the desert a lot.

View attachment 11730
NICE addition . . . I might go after something like that for extra protection ! Thx for the idea ~

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth