Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Focus

Reaction score
Website
www.davekotinsky.com
If you set the Focus on center, does the focus re-adjust to different distances while flying? Or is it locked on the distance when I set focus point?

Im using the X4S camera.

Thanks For help

Last edited:
I may be wrong, But I do believe once you focus on a subject the camera will keep the focus set for that distance until re refocus again. This is how it works on all my DSLR Cameras, and i believe is standard.

If you set the Focus on center, does the focus re-adjust to different distances while flying? Or is it locked on the distance when I set focus point?

Im using the X4S camera.

Thanks For help
It is set to the distance you locked on when focusing. It does not have continous autofocus as far as i know.

So is this the solution: switch to "infinity" on manual focus for standard operation? What about when you're in an intelligent flight mode (like spotlight) does it maintain focus on the subject?

Only If you stay the same distance away from the spotlight subject.

as mentioned above, AF on the x5 series cameras is not C-AF - continous autofocus. Once you've focused on something, if you change the camera/aircraft position/distance, then you need to tap a point on the tablet screen to refocus it (even in 'AF' mode). It doesn't automatically refocus itself, even in 'auto'focus mode.

If you've shooting video and are changing/moving camera, then you either need to set the aperture and focus to make sure your subjects remain in focus during the move, set 'inifinity' focus so your depth of field covers everything, or get the focus wheel and pull focus between subjects. BTW, you can focus on infinity in AF mode too, it's not a purerly manual thing.

Im using the X4S camera.

Thanks For help

Hi all, first post in here;

I don't know if I had the same issue but once i was operating with the gimbal locked down(90degree) and I had serious focus issues in AF, specifically, the focus was kinda In and Out of place like if someone was moving the pull focus wheel insanely. It was just a simple shot with a single man operating, no one was taping the iPad or anything like that.
I will upload a file later so you guys can have a look at it as well.
Anyone had this issue?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair