Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 gimbal question

Reaction score
Website
www.oyibo-vfx.com
Hey all

I am a very active member on the MavicPilots forum. I am upgrading to another DJI and will choose between the Inspire 2 (with X4S or X5S), an S900 or the M600.
Logically it will be the Inspire 2 with the X4S (I'm not a Hollywood filmmaker) but I do a lot of filming (mostly technical stuff)... see some of my JoeTjoep videos.
I love using Autoflight Autopilot (despite the glitches) and have 4.0.414 on my iPhone, 3.9 on my iPad.

I just read that when flying alone, you can only adjust the tilt of the Inspire 2 gimbal. That is a shocker but also understandably.
But when using Autopilot or Litchi, do they have full control over the gimbal?
So, does the gimbal yaw according the focus trigger from Autopilot when in a smart mode while the drone just follows the heading?
Your input is highly appreciated

Here is my complex flight what I will do as soon as I'm going home. A waterdam with 140ft negative height on the base. Can't wait
1db1ac85f8a410a4e8ca20f3eeb60248.png

You can tilt & yaw the gimbal on the I2. Some confusion has arisen because the I2 handles slightly differently to the I1.

On the I2, the gimbal is 'locked' to the nose when it's in the default 'Follow' mode, and can only be pitched up/down using the left roller wheel.

To yaw the gimbal, you need to first switch to the 'Free' mode. Then you can use the left wheel to adjust pitch, and left wheel + C1 to adjust YAW. Or you can press, hold and drag your finger on the Go4 app screen to 'organically' freely move the gimbal.

I can't tell you what option there are in Autopilot as I don't use it, but I'd guess there'll be something similar.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
I think that solves my issue.
Another question..
It's the X4S good enough for semi professional footage and use the remaining cash for extra batteries?
Or is the X5S a must

Post deleted - please do not double post.
You have started a specific thread for this subject here.
X4S vs. X5S

how do i change the date format in the dji go4 flight list (its starting with the date, i want it to start with the month) this has started happening recently.

how do i change the date format in the dji go4 flight list (its starting with the date, i want it to start with the month) this has started happening recently.

Dr Jon and admins should. E able to answer this cmon guys [emoji1]

Ajobmusee, The date format isn't set by Go4, it's set by your tablet preferences - country, calendar prefs, date & time, & language settings can all alter the format.

Btw, rather than tagging on the end of a gimbal topic, you might have more replies if you'd started a fresh topic ;)

Last edited:
Ajobmusee, The date format isn't set by Go4, it's set by your tablet preferences - country, calendar prefs, date & time, & language settings can all alter the format.

Btw, rather than tagging on the end of a gimbal topic, you might have more replies if you'd started a fresh topic ;)

Thank you I'll check on that; I was trying to avoid starting a thread for something maybe already discussed [emoji120]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesvillaroman