Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 just for hobby?

Just to add another perspective, I started with a Mavic Pro in December, and eventually got over the fear of crashing or fly aways. Soon I wanted better quality.

In February I purchased the Inspire 2. I fully understand that it is hard to balance the complaints and problems that some have experienced on this forum, yet I am more than satisfied as I have 66 flights with no issues. I did replace the original props with folding props, although, in all fairness, I did not do so for the concern about the rattling, but rather for the convenience of storage.

Moving from an X4S to an X5S with Prores has been a significant learning experience and I am greatly impressed. I throughly enjoy flying the Inspire 2, and although I have my commercial UAV Pilot certificate, my intention was never to earn money. As a physician, scientist, long time photographer and videographer, I'm having a blast. I find the entire experience from flying to editing phenomenally enjoyable.

The downside is that I find it extraordinarily challenging to pick up my DSLR, as the I2 is so much more fun.

Finally, the guys on this forum - especially Michael from Florida Drone Supply are incredibly supportive, and with every question I've had, I never felt I was on my own. This is an extraordinarily supportive community.

"Thanks everyone for the feedback! Now the next question.... Where/Who is the best dealer to get the I2 from? I want the best deal so free shipping and no tax.... DJI directly would be the last place I would consider!"

There are lots of great DJI dealers to choose from. We try to support the Inspire Pilots forum with our time, experience and money (paid advertising). We thank everyone who has purchased from us, recommended us and considers us in the future. As long as you are not in FL, there in no tax and free shipping.

Thanks!

Reactions: deltalimatango
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Now the next question.... Where/Who is the best dealer to get the I2 from? I want the best deal so free shipping and no tax.... DJI directly would be the last place I would consider!

I am sending you a PM to get some details from you about what you are interested in and where you are located.

Reactions: SanCap
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Now the next question.... Where/Who is the best dealer to get the I2 from? I want the best deal so free shipping and no tax.... DJI directly would be the last place I would consider!

I think as much research as one would do in purchasing the proper copter for the tasks you are asking it to do is as important as choosing the best dealer that does what you need them to do for YOU.

I want a dealer that has the stock on hand and the financial backing to keep up the stock, is willing to make me think I am the most important client in the world and responds to my calls, texts and emails in a timely fashion. I need a dealer that can ship me a replacement copter, remote etc. overnight in case I have an accident and have jobs lined up the following day. I want a dealer that has first hand knowledge of the equipment that is being sold and is familiar with the way other than DJI equipment are built and operate in case a DJI product does not suit the task I am asking it to do. I want a dealer that can walk me thru a difficult issue I am having with a firmware update. I need a dealer that can customize the kits I purchase and not sell me things I do not need.

Michael at @Florida Drone Supply has filled my needs and wants perfectly.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I too fly as a hobby. However, I am a photographer and like the flexibility and the higher performance options of the X5S. I haven't decided if I want to make money from this but for the most part I just enjoy getting out and flying and taking stills and videos.

Last edited:

Highly recommend the guys at Advexure, they have always had everything in stock that I've needed, either shipped right away or had ready for pickup at my convenience.

They seem to have a great staff, I arranged a demo of the new DJI Goggles on Monday and Cavan showed me everything about them and brought me on a test flight with them. Their online chat and phone support is always available it seems...not once have I not reached someone there. All about service when buying DJI I've found out

Reactions: Advexure
Hey guys, I'd like to tag on a question to this thread. I'm also looking to getting the I2 for hobby use. I've had plenty hours on my Mavic and am comfortable with basic aerial videography. May I ask what type of situation / shots would become difficult or impossible for a solo operator of an I2 to perform?

Thanks!
Alex

Hey guys, I'd like to tag on a question to this thread. I'm also looking to getting the I2 for hobby use. I've had plenty hours on my Mavic and am comfortable with basic aerial videography. May I ask what type of situation / shots would become difficult or impossible for a solo operator of an I2 to perform?

Thanks!
Alex

Really none I can think of. Just shoot with the camera locked forward like the Mavic. Could still pan up/down. If you did decide to rotate the camera there is always the FPV cam looking forward, or set waypoints and let the drone fly while you film.

Reactions: rent

Thanks!
Alex

Hi Alex - Good question, well, more complex and cinematic shots cannot always be obtained as a single operator. When you're trying to accomplish a sophisticated drone movement as well as a camera movement simultaneously this can definitely be challenging as a single operator. This is due to the fact that your main concern is safely operating the aircraft, and trying to become too sophisticated and not putting priority on safe flight operation while focusing more on camera movements can definitely lead to an incident.

Also, I'm assuming you would probably start with just the DJI stock 15mm lens but if you were to go to a lens with a larger focal length you could find yourself wanting to get a little more sophisticated with pulling your focus using a handwheel and this is something that must be some by a second operator while the Pilot in Command (PIC) safely pilots the aircraft.

My two examples are definitely more applicable more professional film use, but for hobby use, you should be able to obtain everything you are looking for as a single operator.

Best of luck with your potential upgrade, and if we can be of any further help please don't hesitate to reach out.

Mike

Highly recommend the guys at Advexure, they have always had everything in stock that I've needed, either shipped right away or had ready for pickup at my convenience.

They seem to have a great staff, I arranged a demo of the new DJI Goggles on Monday and Cavan showed me everything about them and brought me on a test flight with them. Their online chat and phone support is always available it seems...not once have I not reached someone there. All about service when buying DJI I've found out

Hi @mpaerial - Just about overlooked your post, we appreciate your support and kind remarks. Cavan is the Goggle master here right now so hopefully he was able to tell and show you everything you wanted to know and see. How did you like the Goggles?

Once again, thank you the positive feedback. Have a good Memorial Day weekend! :cool:

+1 for Advexure. I have found them to provide service and support that is above and beyond even what I expected. There chat line is available almost 7 days a week. They have had stock on things that many DJI dealers didn't have and I get to talk to a person. My contact has been Travis at Advexure.

The rattling props is nothing. The source of the noise is just some space between the mortice below the prop's hub and the tenon on the motor's rotor where they meet. I silenced mine with some scraps of packing foam. But once I saw the actual source and effect (lack of effect) on performance and reliability, I kept as is. No problem.

Reactions: mpaerial
I was in the same spot last winter. I decided to go with an I1 Pro (fly more package) because I wanted the better camera for stills, not moving images. With the lower priced I1 I was able to pick up a few prime lenses too. I've since bought an X3 camera, filters, an Osmo handle, and a few extra batteries. All in I've probably spent as much as I would have on an I2 but a complete system instead of just a drone. The second controller worked out well last weekend when giving a demo to some friends, since I could let them fly the drone without worrying about them getting into trouble.

Down the road, if I want to upgrade I'll be able to transfer the lenses (as long as DJI continues using the micro 4/3 format), and maybe pick up a deal on an I2 when the I3 comes out, or the latest and greatest if I get good enough to turn pro.

+1 for Advexure. I have found them to provide service and support that is above and beyond even what I expected. There chat line is available almost 7 days a week. They have had stock on things that many DJI dealers didn't have and I get to talk to a person. My contact has been Travis at Advexure.

@CP Anson - We appreciate the positive feedback and support. Our level of support in addition to equipment, accessory and parts availability has been our primary focus since day one. Thank you for your business and loyalty, and we'll see see you around ;) If you're ever in the LA area we'd love to have you stop by and put a face with some of our team. Safe and happy flying!

I have the P4 and bought the I2 X4s just for hobby. Love it! Lots of opinions here on X4 vs X5 and they sound interesting but Im not a camera guy so for me its just about flying a cool looking bird and pushing its limits to see what it can do. I love the I2. Only had mine since Feb but so far no issues updating firmware. Seem like a hearty aircraft. Always gets lots of attention. More fun IMO than flying the P4 of course what can possibly beat the landing gear on the I1 & I2.....very cool looking. I2 handles itself well in moderate winds....just noticing in my flight record on the Go4 app top speed of 78mph so thats with a significant tail wind but was a nonissue for overall flight stability. You can't really tell from my avatar but I wrapped my I2 with midnight digital camo wrap for an exterior skin and it looks like a military bird. For a hobby drone, if you don't mind dropping a few bucks on it you'll have a heck of a toy on your hands. Good Luck!

BTW - Also bought 4 sets of batteries so I can keep it in the air nonstop except for changes and it was well worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb