Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 preorder up on DJI site

No mention of a dual compass I see.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

I spotted that as well.

Duel IMU and Baro.

Tbh I have never been totally convinced on duel compass its self, if you cad cal one then it's likely you have done it to both, still seen TBE with the P4 so it's really actual sensor failure protection and that's very rare, that may have omitted mentioning it though.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

As much as I like the new I2 I think it's highly unlikely that I'll be buying one for a very long time.

Doubling up on cameras, batteries, chargers and whatever else (which I already have) just doesn't make sense from a small business point of view - particularly when away on jobs where if one bird fails I'd need to quickly pull out a second and be able to use the same equipment.

I can understand new cameras not being backwards compatible, but not being able to use an existing X5 or Z3 on the I2 is a bit of a PIA and what about folks who have an XT, that's a lot of money to suddenly make obsolete.

I don't get why it has dual IMUs. This can't be for resilience as there's no witness to confirm which one has the wrong data. That's why you run 3 IMUs and 3 GPS receivers on the M600 with the A3.

i am guessing but would be interesting for folks in high humidity environment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can see a need for high humidity protection which according to SanCap the I1 has no problem with. I was referring to the posters specific qustion about flying in rain. High humidity I get. Anyway not a biggy imo...there are many other more impressive features of the I2!

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

I don't get why it has dual IMUs. This can't be for resilience as there's no witness to confirm which one has the wrong data. That's why you run 3 IMUs and 3 GPS receivers on the M600 with the A3.
Maybe they both have the same data but if one fails the other kicks in? Simple redundancy.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Reactions: Richard M
The Inspire 2 package looks really interesting and high quality. But... the pricing. At more than 7000 euros I think a professional user should look into an alternative like the FreeFly Alta6 with MOVI M5 at that pricepoint. That way you can have a professional gimbal for other uses and lift any camera in the air. Ofcoarse an Alta6 is even more expensive but the gap isn't as big anymore compared to the Inspire 1. I have owned the Inspire 1 and still fly it sometimes, and in controllablility the Inspire doens't hold a candle to the Alta. There's also even more redundancy with the Alta and even a bigger plus: upgradeablility.

it is an astonishing bit of kit. Camera is first class, and the fact it uses 9-18mm is quite a big deal for me and it seems uses the full sensor and not 2.7x crop when filming. Very very impressed. I didnt expect this much of an upgrade I have to be honest, but it does come at a price. Going north of 7k for everything id need. the Combi kit doesnt even come with an SSD.

I have to stick with my i1 and X5r for a while, it still does the job brilliantly, and I have no real complaints. Phantom 4 pro looks to be a very good option along side my i1 and Mavic at the moment and a much more realistic price.

Reactions: Richard M
Guys the I2 with the X4S will be £3688 /$3598 so it is in that £3-4K category people are talking about before.

But it's the battery prices that will make the eyes water a little at $159/£179 each, 2 required for a flying pair BUT this is a massively impressive package and I have seen people buy 10+ TB48 before with out battering an eye lid.

Really craft with X4S and 4 batteries in total would do most folks and come in under $4K US\£4946 UK so still in expensive toy territory really.

People are looking at the Raw combo and while impressive most will never need it.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: Droneyboy
At more than 7000 euros I think a professional user should look into an alternative like the FreeFly Alta6 with MOVI M5 at that pricepoint. That way you can have a professional gimbal for other uses and lift any camera in the air.

Really? I'm not so sure. What camera would you be flying on that rig? It is doubtful you could get an operational Alta6 including a camera that shoots 4K or 5.2K DNG Raw or ProRes plus a Movi for anything less than £9k. And most of those cameras cannot be controlled properly from the ground either. Plus if you only hold a sub 7kg PFCO the Alta will require another flight assessment and all the hassle that brings.

While the I2 doesn't have motor redundancy, it does have ESC signal pipeline redundancy and dual battery. And lets face it, the battery seems to be the main culprit for a lot of the accidents.

Really craft with X4S and 4 batteries in total would do most folks and come in under $4K US\£4946 UK so still in expensive toy territory really.

It's more than that. 4 batteries (two flights) is not enough for commercial work. I just priced up the I2 with an X4S, enough batteries for only four flights, a charge hub, and a second controller, and it has come to £5803. So around £5.3k without the slave controller. But since I work with a camera op the second controller is essential for me.

My main question is, where does the Phantom 4 Pro with its real iris controls and 1" sensor with 100Mb/s H265 recording leave existing Inspire 1 X3 owners?

In the dust to be honest. The P4 can fly for longer, is smaller, has more features, and now has a better camera than the Inspire with X3.
Still the I1 has had a good innings. Nearly 2 years from launch to replacement is good going in this day and age.

Really? I'm not so sure. What camera would you be flying on that rig? It is doubtful you could get an operational Alta6 including a camera that shoots 4K or 5.2K DNG Raw or ProRes plus a Movi for anything less than £9k. And most of those cameras cannot be controlled properly from the ground either. Plus if you only hold a sub 7kg PFCO the Alta will require another flight assessment and all the hassle that brings.

While the I2 doesn't have motor redundancy, it does have ESC signal pipeline redundancy and dual battery. And lets face it, the battery seems to be the main culprit for a lot of the accidents.

It's more than that. 4 batteries (two flights) is not enough for commercial work. I just priced up the I2 with an X4S, enough batteries for only four flights, a charge hub, and a second controller, and it has come to £5803. So around £5.3k without the slave controller. But since I work with a camera op the second controller is essential for me.

Sure the Inspire is a cheaper total package. But now if you already own such a camera for ground work it could be a different scenario. For small businesses that only do air filming and rent themselves out to directors/filmmakers and alike the Inspire for sure is a better deal. I really don't regret going the Alta route even though I will have to invest alot more money into getting the neccessary flight assessments here in the Netherlands compared to a <4 kg rig. The Alta for me is so much more versatile where I can use the Movi on the ground, on an RC car or on a cable cam and get exactly the same picture quality in all those situations. And for me the biggest thing like I mentioned is controllability.

Nobody has mentioned the smart RTH feature!
This means (if enabled) the aircraft will RTH along the same path it took getting there (but still keeping obstacle avoidance active just in case). Can be overridden once control signal regained or you want to detect to straight line flight - pretty cool!
Coming soon last time I heard that was 2 years ago.
I'm learning to be cautious when I read coming soon

My main question is, where does the Phantom 4 Pro with its real iris controls and 1" sensor with 100Mb/s H265 recording leave existing Inspire 1 X3 owners?
Leaves us still flying in 22mph winds with a rotatable camera with separate camera op and interchangeable cameras/lenses. However the P4Pro camera is impressive no doubt!

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar