Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 preorder up on DJI site

No, completely new battery design and connection.

DJI have a new Multi charger coming for it.

Will DJI continue to make the TB47/48 batteries, should I start to stock up?I do like the new Inspire2 and I kind of wish I'd waited before I bought my I1 Pro.I've got it now and spent a lot of time and effort getting items for it.

Now it seems like they're beginning to abandon the I1 line entirely, which is a a bit discerning to me.

Osh

Will DJI continue to make the TB47/48 batteries, should I start to stock up?I do like the new Inspire2 and I kind of wish I'd waited before I bought my I1 Pro.I've got it now and spent a lot of time and effort getting items for it.

Now it seems like they're beginning to abandon the I1 line entirely, which is a bit discerning to me.

Osh

I haven't heard anyone from DJI say they were abandoning the Inspire 1 line.

I think that would be a mistake on their part.

Leaves us still flying in 22mph winds with a rotatable camera with separate camera op and interchangeable cameras/lenses. However the P4Pro camera is impressive no doubt!

True, although from my perspective as a video producer, I would much rather take the increased picture quality and work around the usability issues (although the P4 can cope with pretty much as much wind as the I1) rather than take a hit on picture quality and have an easier to use machine. If you consider how much the X5 is, it doesn't make sense to upgrade to it, because for the same price as the base X5 with a lens you can get the P4P with a couple of extra batteries, and have much better picture quality to boot, more systems redundancy, much longer flight times, and a 1000nit monitoring screen that at that brightness will be very viewable out in the sun even without a shade.

Reactions: IrishSights
True, although from my perspective as a video producer, I would much rather take the increased picture quality and work around the usability issues (although the P4 can cope with pretty much as much wind as the I1) rather than take a hit on picture quality and have an easier to use machine. If you consider how much the X5 is, it doesn't make sense to upgrade to it, because for the same price as the base X5 with a lens you can get the P4P with a couple of extra batteries, and have much better picture quality to boot, more systems redundancy, much longer flight times, and a 1000nit monitoring screen that at that brightness will be very viewable out in the sun even without a shade.

I disagree with this. The X5 is a much more flexible camera than the fixed lens item on the P4P. Yes, the P4P has the addition resolution and bitrate but the ability to switch out lenses and use some spectacular glass from Olympus with the X 5 will always win for me. However, the difference is not as great as compared to the stock P4 because of the controllable aperture now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree with this. The X5 is a much more flexible camera than the fixed lens item on the P4P. Yes, the P4P has the addition resolution and bitrate but the ability to switch out lenses and use some spectacular glass from Olympus with the X 5 will always win for me. However, the difference is not as great as compared to the stock P4 because of the controllable aperture now.

The interchageable lenses are an advantage. But the basic picture quality just isn't there. If a recorded picture cannot be done with even a basic amount of solid DR without macroblocking, then all those lens options are redundant. I would much rather have a solid picture to begin with, and then we can talk about lens options for creativity.

Reactions: Richard M
I would get the inspire 2 for add one... while keep my I1 also for backup :) it worth ever penny... for that. especially with front n upper sensor... also dua aux battery for more reliable flight...

The interchageable lenses are an advantage. But the basic picture quality just isn't there. If a recorded picture cannot be done with even a basic amount of solid DR without macroblocking, then all those lens options are redundant. I would much rather have a solid picture to begin with, and then we can talk about lens options for creativity.

I suppose it's because I'm a stills photographer rather than a videographer. The lens is everything to me.

Well I pulled trigger and pre-ordered from B&H. I like B&H service but they always seem to be the last reseller to get new product. I am not in a big hurry so late January or early February is fine.

This was a tough decision for me as the P4 pro is very tempting and a more bang for the buck bird. However, I am looking for a serious upgrade from my P4 and need a solution where I can change out the lenses. Specifically the need for a zoom lens.

The other big factor for me is how the bird flies. This is my hobby and flight characteristics are very important as I first started out in multi-rotors from the DIY side. Although I love my P3P and P4 for their AP utility, they fly choppy (P4 a little better due to weight). I test flew an Inspire 1 and really appreciated its flight characteristics.

Time will tell if I made the right choice :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Droneyboy

Are you speaking mainly of video? Because if you go to the DJI site and download the P4P sample image folder it has images where you can compare the exact scene of a P4P/P4/X5 and the X5 is noticeably the best still image quality by a large margin.

Reactions: 304HighDrone
this might be a really dumb question but Hungary could sometimes be a continent if not a world of its own...

here it is:
would the I2 with X5s be usable in feature film making ?
what i was told by a prod company is that DOP's and Directors like to use one set of lenses throughout the shoot which means they'd rather lift an alexa mini or red instead using the I2 or I1 raw which would do the job to good enough regarding what it can do in terma of tech specs and possibilities in post...
i probably did an overkill but selected in the onlins ahop what i'd get to cover up TV and film making needs which sums up to 12 grand in euros...
considering i could charge ca 1500eur a day it could come back fairly quick but i'd have to be in good connection with a DOP or Director to have my rig going instead of an X8, alta or similar...

any advice or thoughts on how realistic this is using it?

this might be a really dumb question but Hungary could sometimes be a continent if not a world of its own...

here it is:
would the I2 with X5s be usable in feature film making ?
what i was told by a prod company is that DOP's and Directors like to use one set of lenses throughout the shoot which means they'd rather lift an alexa mini or red instead using the I2 or I1 raw which would do the job to good enough regarding what it can do in terma of tech specs and possibilities in post...
i probably did an overkill but selected in the onlins ahop what i'd get to cover up TV and film making needs which sums up to 12 grand in euros...
considering i could charge ca 1500eur a day it could come back fairly quick but i'd have to be in good connection with a DOP or Director to have my rig going instead of an X8, alta or similar...

any advice or thoughts on how realistic this is using it?

I think DJI has done something unique here, they have perfected the X5r which appeared to be a bit of a workflow mess.

This drone/camera will not replace the need or want of a cinema camera with cinema lenses for those with an infinite budget.

I think DJI has done something unique here, they have perfected the X5r which appeared to be a bit of a workflow mess.

This drone/camera will not replace the need or want of a cinema camera with cinema lenses for those with an infinite budget.

so if I understand correct then it would be kind of impossible to get into a feature film unless I am god friends with he DOP or person deciding what is used...
if not then - no chance - right?

I do not want to sound ignorant but would the I2 stand it´s quality from what it can do? - regardless of film or not... just from a technical side of view. if the part having to know someone in charge falls away and equality would be in this world LOL would the I2 be able to deliver what needs to be for feature film or not...

so if I understand correct then it would be kind of impossible to get into a feature film unless I am god friends with he DOP or person deciding what is used...
if not then - no chance - right?

I do not want to sound ignorant but would the I2 stand it´s quality from what it can do? - regardless of film or not... just from a technical side of view. if the part having to know someone in charge falls away and equality would be in this world LOL would the I2 be able to deliver what needs to be for feature film or not...

Unless you have a great reel, past credits and personal relationships with the DP, director, and or the producers you're not even getting a meeting. Just because you have gear doesn't get you the job. Schedules are too tight and too much money is being spent to take a chance on someone that no one knows and doesn't have a track record.

another thing to consider is that if you don't know what you're looking at spec wise and don't know the gear that you are up against then maybe you're not ready to be shooting feature films

Unless you have a great reel, past credits and personal relationships with the DP, director, and or the producers you're not even getting a meeting. Just because you have gear doesn't get you the job. Schedules are too tight and too much money is being spent to take a chance on someone that no one knows and doesn't have a track record.

another thing to consider is that if you don't know what you're looking at spec wise and don't know the gear that you are up against then maybe you're not ready to be shooting feature films

I am aware of what the gear can do (also specs wise) but getting different feedback got me a bit confused. I know that the gear only, won´t get me anything and that I have to put something on the table which I kind of did but maybe not enough just yet. Don´t get me wrong I am 34 and some on this forum here were in the movie / film industry before I was born and that is the reason I turned to you with the question I put up, as one answer I got was that usually features are made with one set of lens even though they might have a second which is the exact same they do use the one they started off with throughout the entire shoot so flying a camera for some reason would ultimately mean that an Alexa mini or a RED would be prefered over an I2 lets say... unless I have what you are saying in your first sentence and I have mentioned already... so putting the contact base aside the gear would be "good enough" to do the job but it is a matter of who knows who and what can I do and what did I do already to make someone decide to go with me over an ALTA or Shotover or Kopterworx Hammer X8 which can handle the weight...

I admit that I do learn by the day and I do have some reference like a sequence (I am not sure of the term) in an Hungarian feature. to be exact I have to scenes (found the word) in the movie of which one is used in the trailer and premiered on nov 10 in Hungary.
apart from that I did numerous concerts, village days, TV- concerts pre recorded for later broadcast, I did participate in a ralley race and also did shots for a living resort in a higher society district of Budapest for advertising reasons... I also participated in an image film for one of the biggest fish sellers and producers in hungary with his own 8 lakes selling to major supermarkets like Tesco from his mansion which is over 1200 hectare...

I do have my custom build octo, also know how to fly as I learned with no automatisation whatsoever which means I do know how to hold altitude, stay put in the air and am able to fly nose on any side without crashing as I started to learn on a sim to start off with and was taught by one of the first multirotor pilots involved from the beginning of mikrokopter in Germany him being a real Helicopter pilot for some decades and believe me he has a track record for TV in Germany and also knows how to fly (both systems). This is not a rant in case you are starting to misunderstand but only a little essay on what I do know and have at the moment.

my homepage (if The Editor may allow my site) www.phatair.hu for reference and legal flights as in Hungary there are no laws as of yet so flying indoors or over people is not against the law however I did my risk assessments and planned as good and safe as I could and also did turn down jobs as they were to risky - before anyone comes with how reckless i am or might be - I am NOT. I do take all precautions, check the bird on a regular basis with all components including everything.... :)
I did not crash until date during a gig or people involved.

if not against forum rules please take a look and let me know what your opinions are including constructive criticism as I like to learn off people that are more experienced than me since you never learn enough. At least I never do... ther is always more to explore :)

so having over 40 hours of logged flight time with the inspire not including the custom octo, hex and quad I was practicing with in my back yard for a cuple of months before I got out there and advertized myself, I am familiar with the specs of cameras and codecs and resolution etc... what I was curious about was the comparison of what is used in feature and the I2 camera capability and if DJI stated with propaganda and interviews that you seamlessly can integrate the footage into feature film quality then why is it not accepted unless you have the contacts.

disclaimer:
this is in now way intended to be a rant or meant to be against anyone on the forum. there is absolutely no intention to offend anyone.
I am plain curious and eager to learn as much as I can. every time and every day as you never know who you meet or talk to...

cheers and stay peaceful please.

p.s.: I did not mention that I do work as a technician with Filmotechnic flight heads which are in our ownership in Hungary. I am also certified to service and maintain those. (Flight Head 5 and Compact to be more exact).
I do know some tech stuff.. I think I can say that. - I would like to add that I am not almighty and do in no way know everything -

@The Editor
if my homepage is against rules please remove the link. I am not intending to promote myself but trying to get advice if granted. I respect the forum rules (but do not know them by heart sorry :( ) so if there is anything I did / do not comply with please edit as you please.
Thank you.

peace.
Martin

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Z3 camera is supported? Was interested in that to be able to change focal length in the air, but I can't find any mention of compatibility on Inspire 2. And now looking at list of imaging products on DJI website it seems Z3 is missing.
None of the "Old" DJI camera are or will be compatible with the new Inspire 2 because they are not the same system neither the same plug connector, on the old I1 the video hardware are into the camera while the I2 the video hardware is on the aircraft, I believe that we will wait to a Z4S to have camera with zoom on the I2

None of the "Old" DJI camera are or will be compatible with the new Inspire 2 because they are not the same system neither the same plug connector, on the old I1 the video hardware are into the camera while the I2 the video hardware is on the aircraft, I believe that we will wait to a Z4S to have camera with zoom on the I2
yes, I will wait to buy also, waiting on the Z4s

Why would you fly in the rain? Unless you wanted the fuzzy raindrop effect on your lens of course.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Cold Weather support is a great enhancement, but added water resistance would be even more helpful. No, not for filming in the rain, but when filming and the rain starts, or moves, or somehow that awesome explosion of the water cannon sends some towards the Inspire 2.
Today, if any rain is spotted, I return home asap, in fear of a water caused malfunction. Noting I have not yet had one, knock on wood.

Well I pulled trigger and pre-ordered from B&H.
Time will tell if I made the right choice :)
I am in the same predicament as you. The P4P is very tempting, but I ditched the phantom series after my P3P as I typically fly in windy conditions and got tired of landing gear entering my shots. I think the I2 will stand up well over time just as the I1 did for two years!
About to pull that trigger for the B&H preorder after parting out the last of my I1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08