Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 vs Inspire 1 v2 - Is it worth upgrading?

Reaction score
Website
www.skyproimages.com
I've got an Inspire 1 v2 with an X3 camera and 2 remotes. I mostly do real estate work and I need to have more than the X3 offers in terms of exposure control with its fixed aperture and narrow dynamic range. Most of the work I do I hand off the SD card to the videographer and they edit it.

Trying to decide on an Inspire 2 with X5s or upgrade to an X5 on my Inspire 1

Wondering if the Inspire 2 is that much more stable in the air and with the redundancies build in is worth the money? Secondly does the X5s work well with SD card only?

Any input would be appreciated.

Sounds like you'd be just fine upgrading cameras, just got an I2 and unless you need raw, or risk setting it down too hard (the x5 is heavier and the mount is weak) you probably won't notice the difference. Plus many more accessories for productivity for the i1 right now.

That said, this I2 is the tits... and you won't be disappointed if you do upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Hi Snowbird.

An upgrade to the X5 on your Inspire 1 would probably be plenty for the work you are describing. Getting into something with interchangeable lenses would be a great upgrade for you...same on the adjustable aperture. You could probably pick one up used at a decent price and then not have to upgrade anything else.

If, however, you do decide to go the route of the Inspire 2, you will find it much, much more stable. A couple big improvement to real estate video work would be the way it holds altitude in flight. It really does not have hardly any vertical height change in any flying situation. It also performs much better in any type of windy conditions - its very locked in while hovering or flying.

Finally, if the video quality is an issue for you at all, the video recorded to the microSD card has double the data rate for the I2 than it did for the I1. Your editors will appreciate the extra data as they make adjustments in post production.

Certainly the Inspire 1 will continue to serve people doing the work you described for a long time yet, but if you decide to make a switch, let us know. We have taken a number of Inspire 1 systems in on trade.

If you have any more questions or would like any more information, just let me know...we have most everything Inspire 2 related in stock.

And, if you decide to go the route of looking for a used X5, just put a post out there as I have seen a number of them become available and sell through the InspirePilot forum.

Thanks!

Michael

www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Hi Snowbird.

An upgrade to the X5 on your Inspire 1 would probably be plenty for the work you are describing. Getting into something with interchangeable lenses would be a great upgrade for you...same on the adjustable aperture. You could probably pick one up used at a decent price and then not have to upgrade anything else.

If, however, you do decide to go the route of the Inspire 2, you will find it much, much more stable. A couple big improvement to real estate video work would be the way it holds altitude in flight. It really does not have hardly any vertical height change in any flying situation. It also performs much better in any type of windy conditions - its very locked in while hovering or flying.

Finally, if the video quality is an issue for you at all, the video recorded to the microSD card has double the data rate for the I2 than it did for the I1. Your editors will appreciate the extra data as they make adjustments in post production.

Certainly the Inspire 1 will continue to serve people doing the work you described for a long time yet, but if you decide to make a switch, let us know. We have taken a number of Inspire 1 systems in on trade.

If you have any more questions or would like any more information, just let me know...we have most everything Inspire 2 related in stock.

And, if you decide to go the route of looking for a used X5, just put a post out there as I have seen a number of them become available and sell through the InspirePilot forum.

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your input. I agree about the stability in wind and it has been an issue for me.

Does the X5S on the inspire 2 work with an SD card? I thought you had to use the larger storage system.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

It does work with the microSD card just like the Inspire 1 does - except they have doubled the data rate that the system records. This gives you better quality footage for editing. The microSD card records h264 (like the Inspire 1) or the new h265 (smaller file and more information). If you want to use the RAW video format or ProRes video format you need to record to an SSD on the Inspire 2 and use the SSD reader to get the footage onto your computer. For a while, when there were no SSDs available from DJI, the only option people had was to use the microSD card for h264 or h265.

Also, to use the RAW Video option or the ProRes video option you need to purchase licenses for those formats. They are included in the Premium Combo, but can be added to the base Inspire 2 at any time. So, for example, you could start with the base Inspire 2 ($2999) plus X5S and record to the microSD card. Then, if you need it, you could add the RAW or ProRes license, buy an SSD and SSD Reader and be able to record in one or both of those higher end pro formats.

Does that all make sense?

Michael

Reactions: Scoobywrx05
Hi Snowbird.

Thanks!

Michael

It does work with the microSD card just like the Inspire 1 does - except they have doubled the data rate that the system records. This gives you better quality footage for editing. The microSD card records h264 (like the Inspire 1) or the new h265 (smaller file and more information). If you want to use the RAW video format or ProRes video format you need to record to an SSD on the Inspire 2 and use the SSD reader to get the footage onto your computer. For a while, when there were no SSDs available from DJI, the only option people had was to use the microSD card for h264 or h265.

Also, to use the RAW Video option or the ProRes video option you need to purchase licenses for those formats. They are included in the Premium Combo, but can be added to the base Inspire 2 at any time. So, for example, you could start with the base Inspire 2 ($2999) plus X5S and record to the microSD card. Then, if you need it, you could add the RAW or ProRes license, buy an SSD and SSD Reader and be able to record in one or both of those higher end pro formats.

Does that all make sense?

Michael

Michael thank you again, this is really helpful information. Much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst