Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Couple questions for the followers of the new Inspire 2 ...

I want to replace my hexacopter and my Phantom 4 with an Inspire 2 - time to thin the fleet! Now, after looking more at the Phantom 4 Pro - the camera is essentially the same and the price is 1500 vs 3600. For a single operator system using the X4S camera doing 35% video and 65% photo ... why the Inspire 2 over the P4P?

What are the advantages in using the Inspire 2 ... dual battery (redundancy) ... what else? Why would I want the Inspire 2 vs the Phantom 4 Pro?

For those who have used the Phantom 4 series and the Inspire (1 or 2) and have experience with both systems, why would you have preference of one vs the other - especially with using this in single operator mode.

And, one last question, if you have seen any photos from the Inspire 2 (or, P4P) - how are these truly going to compare to my Sony A6000? Should I wait another camera generation to sell my hexacopter/A6000 setup?

First things first. The Phantoms all look like toys.
The Inspire is a mean looking mamma. It also looks very professional.
Part of this industry is all about show as well. You will be taken more seriously with an inspire.
The Phantom 4 pro, although useful with its features, is still just a toy.

End of Story.

I'm very torn between the P4 Pro and the Inspire 2 myself.
I've had a P3P, and Inspire Pro X5
Sold the Inspire a couple months ago anticipating the Inspire 2
I'm just having a hard time justifying the cost of the Inspire 2 for my needs.
Maybe I could opt for the X4s instead of the X5s (at least for starters)
I'm never going to do anything professional/ ie for money, This just a hobby to try to get the best beach video possible.

So I'll make one comparison that maybe others won't.
In my case I sometimes find it hard to find a suitable take-off / landing position for the Inspire when out on a tour boat, or remote beach somewhere. (sand, level ground etc)
If I can get the thing in the air, at least with the Phantom line(s) they are hand catchable.
I bought some hand catch handles for the Inspire Pro, but never installed them. Not a one person operation IMO.

I'll counter with a positive of the Inspire over the Phantom.
I've been shut down due to moderate wind with the Phantom, yet when I had the Inspire, I was able to get out in much stronger winds, and still have a good comfort/safety factor.

Leaning towards the I2, just have not clicked that buy it now button.

Reactions: Jay_Z
First things first. The Phantoms all look like toys.
The Inspire is a mean looking mamma. It also looks very professional.
Part of this industry is all about show as well. You will be taken more seriously with an inspire.
The Phantom 4 pro, although useful with its features, is still just a toy.

End of Story.
I totally agree the about the P4 the design is just idk not cool lolol..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I do agree, perception is an issue for paid work - I don't want to roll up to a real estate shoot with a drone that is similar to the one someone just bought their teenager at Costco. Granted, the results are what matters and I've got great work out of the P4. It's about the results you are getting with the lighting, composition, technique, etc that makes the difference.

Convenience is important - my 800mm hex takes up the back of my SUV and requires more maintenance and takes longer to get ready for a shot. However, the benefit is the results in the photos.

I'd like to simplify and that's why I considered an Inspire 2 with the X4S ... but sheesh, there such a gap in price for little difference in a one operator setup. For the same price as 2 x Phantom 4 Pros and 4 batteries, I was wondering if I was missing something on the value of the Inspire 2. Seems like an ideal setup for a 2 person setup - one person, you're not taking advantage of the capabilities.

Thanks for the perspectives on this.

Couple questions for the followers of the new Inspire 2 ...

I want to replace my hexacopter and my Phantom 4 with an Inspire 2 - time to thin the fleet! Now, after looking more at the Phantom 4 Pro - the camera is essentially the same and the price is 1500 vs 3600. For a single operator system using the X4S camera doing 35% video and 65% photo ... why the Inspire 2 over the P4P?

What are the advantages in using the Inspire 2 ... dual battery (redundancy) ... what else? Why would I want the Inspire 2 vs the Phantom 4 Pro?

For those who have used the Phantom 4 series and the Inspire (1 or 2) and have experience with both systems, why would you have preference of one vs the other - especially with using this in single operator mode.

And, one last question, if you have seen any photos from the Inspire 2 (or, P4P) - how are these truly going to compare to my Sony A6000? Should I wait another camera generation to sell my hexacopter/A6000 setup?
The Inspire 2 is better in probably every aspect of this hobby, period. Powerful, agile, good looking, mean, almost scary machine. When it hovers a few meters away facing you, you feel like a matador on the arena. Two the most critical advantages over P4P class: props not in the frame and smooth yaws. My point is: if you're really enjoying this hobby and the money is no object, than why not? Get the best you can afford ... correction ... f****k the money issue, abuse your Visa and have fun! And - finally - remember one simple truth: by the time you decide to go with I2, DJI will start stocking I3 in their warehouses ...

The Inspire 2 is better in probably every aspect of this hobby, period. Powerful, agile, good looking, mean, almost scary machine. When it hovers a few meters away facing you, you feel like a matador on the arena. Two the most critical advantages over P4P class: props not in the frame and smooth yaws. My point is: if you're really enjoying this hobby and the money is no object, than why not? Get the best you can afford ... correction ... f****k the money issue, abuse your Visa and have fun! And - finally - remember one simple truth: by the time you decide to go with I2, DJI will start stocking I3 in their warehouses ...

I hear ya! I know it will be replaced in no time at all - heck, even the P4 was quickly outdone by the P4P! I'm ok with that - I just try to buy at a good price and sell at a good price to upgrade again.

Good points on this too with the camera perspective. And, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Inspire! :)

Hopefully these comments help. For what its worth I have had P1, P2, I1 and recently the P4. Sold the P4 after only a few hours of flight time and order the P4Pro+. Now I've cancelled the P4Pro+ order and ordered an I2 with the X4s camera. I do this as a hobby only. Once I realized the X4s camera was the same as that on the P4Pro I decided to get the better air frame. I still have the I1 and love the way it flies. Based on review tests the I2 is much better than than the I1 is so many ways. Now I'm waiting impatiently. Never worried about a new model coming out - if the one you've got meets your needs and you love flying it, go for it.

Reactions: Cgland
Hopefully these comments help. For what its worth I have had P1, P2, I1 and recently the P4. Sold the P4 after only a few hours of flight time and order the P4Pro+. Now I've cancelled the P4Pro+ order and ordered an I2 with the X4s camera. I do this as a hobby only. Once I realized the X4s camera was the same as that on the P4Pro I decided to get the better air frame. I still have the I1 and love the way it flies. Based on review tests the I2 is much better than than the I1 is so many ways. Now I'm waiting impatiently. Never worried about a new model coming out - if the one you've got meets your needs and you love flying it, go for it.
Yep, that's exactly my point. We - the hobbyists - are addicts, victims of DJI's conspiracy to control the humanoids and suck their money ...:)

I can wait a bit and see how the first ones out there perform. Don't want to get into the initial run mess with the P4 Pro and its IMU matters, even though they say the price will jump $400 after the first of the year from the $6K to $6.4K. Want to buy it from someone who will replace it the same day too if its bad and not deal with the RMA & possible refurbishly fixed stuff.

I2 has some interesting features with the X5S with the hopefully better low light performance and maybe a bit better dynamic range verses the X4S. Don't know if unlocking the CinemaDNG would be of benefit on the stills end of it though, but having the option can't hurt other than more dollars later.

....... two more beers, and Im hitting the "buy" button. But seriously, most people who have a "hobby" so to speak, own Harley's or boats that cost them twice as much as an I2, or more... AND you will prob use it more than a boat, RV, etc. I don't have any other hobbies, and I've spent a lot on it so far. However, I use my equipment (I1, OsmoPro) at least 2-4 times a week, and some of the time, I even make some money at it... So, to me.. Its justifiable. Do what you love, love what you do.. you only get one ticket on this ride.

I had the same dilemma as the OP and went with the P4P as a backup machine to my Inspire 1 Pro since I'm also a single operator and mostly do photo work. I've had the P4P for about a week. I was considering the Mavic as a backup drone but the sensor isn't up to my professional standards (still an excellent drone though).

I also completely agree that the P4P looks like a toy and for me, a guy who swore I'd never buy a Phantom, it's been a tough week of eating crow.

That all being said, the P4P is a very nice machine so far and I'm impressed with the photo and video quality. When I'm flying, I just look at the monitor and try to forget that I've got what has become the notorious icon for all things "bad drone". Maybe if business is really good this summer and I get more video work I'll move to the I2, but for now I own a Phantom even though I hate Phantoms.

- Matt the Phantom Hypocrite

I would get the p4p unless you plan on getting the x5s. Total waste of money unless you get the better camera.

You could pick up an inspire pro at a really good price too as Sancap suggested.

....... two more beers, and Im hitting the "buy" button. But seriously, most people who have a "hobby" so to speak, own Harley's or boats that cost them twice as much as an I2, or more... AND you will prob use it more than a boat, RV, etc. I don't have any other hobbies, and I've spent a lot on it so far. However, I use my equipment (I1, OsmoPro) at least 2-4 times a week, and some of the time, I even make some money at it... So, to me.. Its justifiable. Do what you love, love what you do.. you only get one ticket on this ride.

So did you hit the BUY button? If not we would love to talk to you. We are going to have the Inspire 2 very, very soon and have a couple left that are not spoken for. If you are going to spend the money and get one, you might as well get the bragging rights of being one of the very first people to have one in your hand!

The Inspire 1 Pro with a good set of lenses is hard to beat.

Very true...and it gives the single operator the ability to fly one direction and pan a different way (video)...or for the price of a 2nd remote become an occasional 2 person operation for video. Interchangeable lenses to get something other than the standard drone look is a big plus as well...especially if you get the zoom lens and are able to change focal lengths while you are in the air.

Reactions: RMG1
So did you hit the BUY button? If not we would love to talk to you. We are going to have the Inspire 2 very, very soon and have a couple left that are not spoken for. If you are going to spend the money and get one, you might as well get the bragging rights of being one of the very first people to have one in your hand!
Did I missed something? What's going on here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1