Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very first drone? Might want to start with a small one first ;) desperately need that upgrade from my p3 pro.
Not the first, but THE first real drone I would say. As I'm based in Austria I still struggle with the thought to be able to fly over populated areas, but for this I would need a Hex with redundant FC and battery system in order to get approval :(

Not the first, but THE first real drone I would say. As I'm based in Austria I still struggle with the thought to be able to fly over populated areas, but for this I would need a Hex with redundant FC and battery system in order to get approval :(
Oh gotcha. Yeah I'm in the US most of the year but actually from Europe and Austrias uav rules aren't very easy going sadly. Well then the inspire 2 is going to be a really good choice I think. Maybe look into the matrice 600? But that's another league and budget.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I'm in the US most of the year but actually from Europe and Austrias uav rules aren't very easy going sadly. Well then the inspire 2 is going to be a really good choice I think. Maybe look into the matrice 600? But that's another league and budget.
I've been also looking into the Matrice 600 in combination with A3 (which does not fulfill the requirements from Austro Control) and using a Z3 in order to stay below 5kg, but no luck...let us see what the Inspire 2 will bring otherwise maybe a good discount on the Inspire 1 v2 oder v3 would be good as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Droneyboy
I hope there will be one thing - time in the air. If thay make something about 20-23min that will be great for me

Reactions: Droneyboy
In case they will come up with an additional FPV camera, which is nice, I hope they will also make sure that you can switch between both camera sources via the app while using only one controller (master) e.g. small view of FPV (lower right corner) and large view/screen the 4k camera, switching views by tipping the tablet/phone ... so single person fly is still possible

Hello! New here. Planning to buy a hopefully upgraded release of the X5 with 100mbit+ bitrate when it hits.

Is there an option to switch to Camera Control with your RC during an automated waypoint mission? I'd rather use the gimbal to pan than yawing the entire aircraft. A dedicated camera operator is not an option as of this moment.

Would've been a good feature, do you agree?

I have it on good authority that what ever comes next will have the following spec

Motors of between 100 and 1000kv
Electronic Speed controllers and a camera that is capable of taking both still and video of a quality over 1MP.

Heard it here first folks.

So looking through this thread, and the fact that i have just bought an Inspire 1 Pro - have I bought the wrong drone. As a non profit SAR and emergency sector startup we cant afford to make mistakes. the obstacle avoidance on the Phantom 4 was nice as we could get quite close to object and know we were 30ft away from them and not fly any closer, but the camera wasn't good enough hence just getting the 1 Pro ?

So looking through this thread, and the fact that i have just bought an Inspire 1 Pro - have I bought the wrong drone. As a non profit SAR and emergency sector startup we cant afford to make mistakes. the obstacle avoidance on the Phantom 4 was nice as we could get quite close to object and know we were 30ft away from them and not fly any closer, but the camera wasn't good enough hence just getting the 1 Pro ?

You bought the right one imo, its tried and tested and mostly a stable aircraft.

Even if an Inspire 2 landed tomorrow for your kind of work you need to know there are no issues so new tech is not ideal.

Reactions: slim.slamma
In my opinion object sensing is essential. My inspire 1 clipped the top of a tree when returning home, this would have never happened if it had object sensing. The RTH height was set at 30m but it clipped the tree when it was descending diagonally over the spot it took off from, so it was not an issue with the RTH height.

They is no way I will ever buy a drone that does not have object sensing.

I would return it and get a refund then wait until November)

The compactness of the new DJI Mavic gives me really a hard time to make a decision which one I should buy in November (it destroyed the picture): Mavic or I2? only from a compactness point of view, on the other hand the possibility to upgrade the camera and having 360° possibilities and the more professional drone the I2 is a must:rolleyes:

The compactness of the new DJI Mavic gives me really a hard time to make a decision which one I should buy in November (it destroyed the picture): Mavic or I2? only from a compactness point of view, on the other hand the possibility to upgrade the camera and having 360° possibilities and the more professional drone the I2 is a must:rolleyes:

Wait for the Inspire 2 then compare them both. Object sensing is a must on a drone so don't get the Inspire 1, I learned the hard way when my Inspire 1 drone clipped the top of a tree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla