Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait for the Inspire 2 then compare them both. Object sensing is a must on a drone so don't get the Inspire 1, I learned the hard way when my Inspire 1 drone clipped the top of a tree...
Was in returning home in reverse? If so, Mavic or P4 would have done the same thing. They only have object sensing in the front.

Was in returning home in reverse? If so, Mavic or P4 would have done the same thing. They only have object sensing in the front.
Would be great if the inspire 2 could have front and back. Not sure how hard it is to design it for both sides...

Well glad I read this thread. I have my PFCO course in December and have been searching for an inspire pro for weeks, now Ive seen this I'll definitely be holding out to see what arrives. If nothing else I may be able to get a new inspire pro for less after these hit the market. Great info people.

Reactions: Droneyboy

If you use the automatic return to home function all DJI drones return to home forward. Obviously if you come home manually you can come home whichever way you like.

Would be great if the inspire 2 could have front and back. Not sure how hard it is to design it for both sides...
It's pointless having sensors on the front and back as if you use the RTH function on the controller it will return to home forward facing.

It's only useful if you fly backwards.

I've read in another forum that there is rumor (or wish?) that 2 batteries will fit into I2 and so 40min will be possible...that would be incredible :cool: anyway 4weeks to go, getting already nervous :)

The way I see it Inspire is the only drone that benefits from front (and bottom) sensors only. If you wanna go backwards, just rotate the camera 180 degrees and bam, there you go.

Reactions: justhere
I am sure Gordon Ramsay is excited, Nov 8 is his birthday...at least THAT is a surety! So called 'chirping birds' at DJI have been wrong before. You'd think this was an iPhone launch or something. At least Apple give dates :)

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

I guess we will see in 2 weeks whether DJI puts a cryptic image on their homepage with the words "coming soon" over the top.

Reactions: IrishSights
Looking at the tech in the Mavic,
Well glad I read this thread. I have my PFCO course in December and have been searching for an inspire pro for weeks, now Ive seen this I'll definitely be holding out to see what arrives. If nothing else I may be able to get a new inspire pro for less after these hit the market. Great info people.
Good luck with your course! I've just completed mine and just like you i was about to drop money on an Inspire until i read this thread!

Jep... Me too :) . And what is funny - I ask DJI customer online service when new Inspire will go for sell and thay told me that thay dont know anything about new Inspire :) - that was a week ago :)

Do you imply that DJI should tell the world about a new product before its announcement, just because some of their R&D have leaked to the public? That is not how things work.

Reactions: Kilrah
Looking at the tech in the Mavic,

Good luck with your course! I've just completed mine and just like you i was about to drop money on an Inspire until i read this thread!
Thanks.
I actually sent them an email a while back saying the one thing putting me off getting the inspire was the fact the motors where not weather proof, considering the fact we have many damp days and showery days that can hit at any time I felt this would be very helpful alongside the fact that they had just stated they now do produce some weather proof motors but stated these could not be swapped out on the Inspire one.

Thanks.
I actually sent them an email a while back saying the one thing putting me off getting the inspire was the fact the motors where not weather proof, considering the fact we have many damp days and showery days that can hit at any time I felt this would be very helpful alongside the fact that they had just stated they now do produce some weather proof motors but stated these could not be swapped out on the Inspire one.
Motors would be the least of your 'weatherproof' problems.
You would need weather sealed gimbal and camera more than motors. Brushless motors have no moving parts in them (apart from bearings) so are not too affected by damp conditions in any case.
Gimbals and cameras are a different matter.
There are plenty of alternative IP rated platforms available that are immune to rain, snow, fog etc and allow flight times of up to 90 minutes if that is your criteria.

Motors would be the least of your 'weatherproof' problems.
You would need weather sealed gimbal and camera more than motors. Brushless motors have no moving parts in them (apart from bearings) so are not too affected by damp conditions in any case.
Gimbals and cameras are a different matter.
There are plenty of alternative IP rated platforms available that are immune to rain, snow, fog etc and allow flight times of up to 90 minutes if that is your criteria.

ive only seen extremely expensive alternatives (excuse my ignorance as only a newbie to this) I just thought a showerproof drone would be a help in certain circumstances, How well would the Mavic hold up with its protective gimbal/camera case ?

What needs to be weatherpoofed and sealed is not the motors but EVERYTHING electronic and every moving electronics-containing part.

It's only done on expensive machines because well, it's complicated and expensive to do.

ive only seen extremely expensive alternatives (excuse my ignorance as only a newbie to this) I just thought a showerproof drone would be a help in certain circumstances, How well would the Mavic hold up with its protective gimbal/camera case ?
Yeah, they are expensive, but then anything water/weatherproof always is. :)
If you used the Mavic with its gimbal bubble on it would probably offer some protection from precipitation but of course it's not rated as a weatherproof solution.
The other thing of course is that bubble will be a raindrop magnet and water will collect on it. I guess you could coat it with RainX or similar and the forward and prop airflow would clear it somewhat but that would be something to experiment with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla