Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
小鸟儿的鸣叫谁的作品@ DJI确认下一个启发将于10月8日,这是一个吉祥的日子在...

A little chirping bird who works @ DJI confirms next Inspire will be released on October 8, which is an auspicious day in China. (Lìdōng, 立冬). Additions are obstacle avoidance and integrated FPV camera.

$17300 Chinese Yuan

Reactions: droneseuropa

A little chirping bird who works @ DJI confirms next Inspire will be released on October 8, which is an auspicious day in China. (Lìdōng, 立冬). Additions are obstacle avoidance and integrated FPV camera.

$17300 Chinese Yuan
And you joined today just to tell us that? Thank You.

I thought Lidong represents the changing of the seasons and always falls in November (usually 7th or 8th)!

Perhaps the chirping bird in China doesn't know Chinese customs/holidays or when the onset of winter happens. :p

$17300 Chinese Yuan

I'll be somewhat disappointed if it is, given its a semi professional platform and most of us won't need it, its just another thing to drain the battery and go wrong.
As for the embedded FPV camera, its a useful addition, but a basic mod anyone with half a brain can do.

So all they are really doing is de-valuing our gear even more which based on them slashing the prices by around 30% recently, will probably result in DJI knocking off 40% of my investment and not giving me anything of worth to upgrade to.

Sorry to be a grump, but I'm not feeling too inspired by DJI lately. Yuneec were looking really strong this time last year, but they seemed to have fizzled out a bit too.

They are on the right track with their Typhoon H, but their core camera tech is worse than DJI's.

So with the FPV camera there is likely the light bridge 2 ?
As I understand it can handle two separate video feeds along with the etc etc

I think a ~ Nov 8th date is correct. That was also roughly the date of launch of the Inspire 1 in 2014. I also noted in other online reports that FPV camera and obstacle avoidance are to be part of the Inspire 2 upgrades and some have suggested dual batteries to up flight time to about 20 minutes. I expect them to adopt some minor body changes to accommodate two TB47 or 48 batteries side by side and probably in the M configuration.

Interestingly my similar post on the Facebook Official DJI owners group has been removed....
Personally fpv doesn't warrant the investment, nor the object avoidance.
Hoping there's still good things to come from it....
With you. Inspire is a camera tool. Not really a "see how far, high or fast it can go type craft". Be better if DJI Invest in a repeat button. So if working on moving subject etc, you could just hit the button bingo, less pressure on the take.

The date in November make sense TBH and leaves enough gap between the V2 and what comes next, likely new camera as well as that's also 12 months since the X5, either a smaller camera again or an X5 V2 with 100mbps.

I also think it's going to be expensive and in the uk be £3k area, they can push a new P4 with a better camera at the current inspire price or even keep the V2 going.

Lots of interesting stuff to come.

I think a ~ Nov 8th date is correct. That was also roughly the date of launch of the Inspire 1 in 2014. I also noted in other online reports that FPV camera and obstacle avoidance are to be part of the Inspire 2 upgrades and some have suggested dual batteries to up flight time to about 20 minutes. I expect them to adopt some minor body changes to accommodate two TB47 or 48 batteries side by side and probably in the M configuration.

i'll rather go with battery mod. the reason: longer flight time - up to 30 mins but surley above 20 and redundancy if stock fails...

I2 will be a nice to have toy as pilots who are able to fly and have knowlidge will not need an fpv system on it as they never loose line of sight...

what would be a good upgrade is a reliable firmware, not slowing down the AC and keeping high wind control and stability on a superior level... that would be nice.. or if one could upgrade to the 1200 propulision system (bigger motors) or if DJI would release bigger 14" props made out of CF and not those shitty plastic ones or aluminum adapters and go back to self tightning... i do not need any avoidance system as i just do not fly against walls or trees.if it would be a pro system (sadly it is semi pro) then DJI would not even consider to put trash like that on the I2... i can't recall seeing stuff like that on the "pro" gear like the s800 or 1000... or oneshot or freefly systems... do they have any?? naaaa... lol
i agree with a post further up that the second version / gen of the I1 will only degrade our first not perfected system in value were we do not really get something worth changing for. even the I1v2 motors are so minor changed it just makes no sense to swap motors...
the first gen motors are perfectly fine as told from flying high USA and others that had the budget to grab newer versions with bigger camera...

just my 2c and no offence meant to anyone.
cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chao Lin
Actually, from a professional stance I can say I would use obstacle avoidance often. I do a fair amount of inspection work that is near FPV to begin with because of the environment, the idea I could set an extra safety net would be huge. Likewise with closed set or limited LOS shoots. I understand many may never fly in these conditions but, I get those requests often. I recently turned down a shoot because they wanted me to do a "chase shot" following another car under a canopy of tree limbs that were frequently less than 12' from the hard deck. Just too much risk. The obstacle avoidance might have made me rethink that shot.

Reactions: DaddyDe
I find the inspire a fairly slow air-craft, I would definitely like a boost in speed.

$17300 Chinese Yuan

I met a guy flying the other day that said he was friends with Eric Cheng. I didn't know who Eric Cheng was but he told me he worked for DJI. I went home and googled him and found out he did work for DJI but no longer does. He also wrote a book and has gotten around. He seems to be respected in the drone photography world. Anyway, he said Eric told him DJI was going to introduce a camera with a remote zoom on the Inspire V2 but didn't have any more details. I was checking on this forum to see if anyone had heard if this could be true or not. Personally I think this guy was full of it.

I met a guy flying the other day that said he was friends with Eric Cheng. I didn't know who Eric Cheng was but he told me he worked for DJI. I went home and googled him and found out he did work for DJI but no longer does. He also wrote a book and has gotten around. He seems to be respected in the drone photography world. Anyway, he said Eric told him DJI was going to introduce a camera with a remote zoom on the Inspire V2 but didn't have any more details. I was checking on this forum to see if anyone had heard if this could be true or not. Personally I think this guy was full of it.

Erm Z3 ???

Reactions: The Editor
I have been looking for this date since May. Here my question for you guys. I bought an inspire back in July and had to return it because it was defected. Bought it through B&H and got my money back but do you think it would be worth waiting and getting the I2 or just go for the I1 now. I heard that the Z3 will be on the I2 and figured the platform right now does more than enough for the Z3.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

I have been looking for this date since May. Here my question for you guys. I bought an inspire back in July and had to return it because it was defected. Bought it through B&H and got my money back but do you think it would be worth waiting and getting the I2 or just go for the I1 now. I heard that the Z3 will be on the I2 and figured the platform right now does more than enough for the Z3.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!
Depends whether you consider second FPV and obstacle avoidance worthwhile to you.
The I2 will also allow longer flight times as well (ooops, did I really let something slip then? :eek:)

Depends whether you consider second FPV and obsticle avoidance worthwhile to you.
The I2 will also allow longer flight times as well (ooops, did I really let something slip then? :eek:)
Haha my look at things is that I have flown the p4 and I turn off the obstacle avoidance, it is sometimes just annoying, and my view on things is that if you cant get the shot within what the 18 to 22 on the I1 now then you got to do better preflight planning.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell