Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 with DJI Focus Wheel

Reaction score
I am using a borrowed dealer demo focus wheel from @Florida Drone Supply on my Inspire 2. I have it connected to the Secraft Transmitter Tray that I just received today. There is no store bought mounting bracket yet so I used a DJI bicycle handle bar mount arm for the connection I needed for the tray.

The focus mode on the app needs to be set to manual and when connected the focus display shows on the app allowing you to use the on screen finger mode to adjust focus or use the focus wheel. When using focus peaking you can really see what is in or out of focus. You can set the stops on the focus wheel to set your focus endpoints to help with the effect you are trying to achieve. Here are some pics of how I mounted the focus wheel.

I will check to see if adjusting aperture adjustments are possible in the app.

I did a short flight and found the focus wheel very convenient for picking and choosing focus points. Being in a very sunny area with lots of glare here in South West Florida and using a Hoodman screen shade, not having to touch the screen for focus is a huge benefit.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
that is hot. I have yet to pull the trigger on the focus because of a lack of need. Typically when I am flying I am focused on Infinity. But the need may arise and I am glad to have your inspiration. Thx

Maybe we can find a reliable Secraft Dealer in the South West Florida area.

...already on it @SanCap. Waiting to get some info back from them as I would love to stock all this stuff. We are big fans of the Secraft trays!

Here is a shot of a tray we use on an M600 with an FPV cam added - FPV cam on the iOS device on the left - monitor with the camera feed on the right. OSD info on both.

It works exactly the same for the Inspire 2 - in fact we use the same trays and monitor...just pop out the transmitter and put in the one we are about to fly with.

(this was for a new M600 we just finished for a client - obviously for flying you remove the mobile device holder on the transmitter)

image1.JPG

...already on it @SanCap. Waiting to get some info back from them as I would love to stock all this stuff. We are big fans of the Secraft trays!

Here is a shot of a tray we use on an M600 with an FPV cam added - FPV cam on the iOS device on the left - monitor with the camera feed on the right. OSD info on both.

It works exactly the same for the Inspire 2 - in fact we use the same trays and monitor...just pop out the transmitter and put in the one we are about to fly with.

(this was for a new M600 we just finished for a client - obviously for flying you remove the mobile device holder on the transmitter)

View attachment 12295
I really like the innovation, not much of fan of that particular setup though. I think I would be more amenable to a stacked display vs a staggered one.

View attachment 12295
One question about that setup, are those rosettes holding the device or and they just regular wing nuts on a bolt?

Here is s photo of one put together and one opened up to reveal the inside of the ball clamp.

View attachment 12296
Thank you for the additional image. You turn those into rosette clamps and you have a sale. Pro photography lives on rosette clamps. After having them on my ground gear, I demand them on everything. It's what makes me absolutely insane about the stock inspire tablet holder. I am constantly tightening the darn thing. If they would only put rosette fasteners on it, it would be such a better product.

Yes - they make a bigger version of the clamp and we have had an Atomos Ninja Flame on there but could feel it slip a little with a large battery on the back.

I can sure pass along the info to the manufacturer - its Secraft.net and they are in Korea.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: SanCap
I was able to give the focus wheel a good test this weekend. I had a job that gave me 46 separate flights. I tested the auto focus by tapping on the screen and then the manual focus using the focus wheel with the focus wheel being superior. I could see more area coming into focus by fine tuning the focus wheel vs trying to manual focus with the onscreen slider. Using the secraft tray and harness I did not feel unbalanced or strained with the focus wheel attached which I was wearing most of the weekend.

Reactions: DamesNY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669