Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 with Olympus 45mm

I wanted to see how my Inspire 2 would do with the Olympus 45mm today using spotlight pro mode. I tracked some cars and boats over the water here on Sanibel Island, Florida. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I shot in 4K at 29.97fps at 1/60th shutter speed.

Great shots. How did you balance the lens? Were you using a ND filter?

Reactions: SanCap
I wanted to see how my Inspire 2 would do with the Olympus 45mm today using spotlight pro mode. I tracked some cars and boats over the water here on Sanibel Island, Florida. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I shot in 4K at 29.97fps at 1/60th shutter speed.

Was this h.264 San?

Reactions: SanCap
Yes it was h264, and I used a 37-46mm step up ring with a 46mm B+W 103 ND.09 3 stop filter. The lens is a bit nose heavy. I am going to test again today with Narrow field of view at 60 fps and 1/120th of a second. I will also try to balance the lens a little better.

Thanks. As an alternate option, I am using the 37 mm B + W filters, so just a single filter with no step up required. This balances perfectly (with no hood).

Reactions: jyamamo and SanCap
Yes it was h264, and I used a 37-46mm step up ring with a 46mm B+W 103 ND.09 3 stop filter. The lens is a bit nose heavy. I am going to test again today with Narrow field of view at 60 fps and 1/120th of a second. I will also try to balance the lens a little better.

Speaking of H.264, I learned a valuable lesson. I decided to try the new H.265 codec only to find that it is not natively supported by my Mac. I had to search around and find an H.265 converter. So the detail that I thought I would preserve was lost in the conversation. Sooooooooo back to H.264 until the codec becomes more widely used.

Reactions: zulu
Speaking of H.264, I learned a valuable lesson. I decided to try the new H.265 codec only to find that it is not natively supported by my Mac. I had to search around and find an H.265 converter. So the detail that I thought I would preserve was lost in the conversation. Sooooooooo back to H.264 until the codec becomes more widely used.

Same here with my PC........glad my footage wasn't important

When you say: "drifts" are you referring to the fact that it sort of droops down or slowly creeps down putting strain on the gimbal motors?
Yup, it's what happens without a balance ring, was hoping the stackable filters I'd always be using would help, but alas, no.

Waiting on the rings and three different hoods, I'll just stick a postage scale in my kit and try to keep close to the 8g when switching around.

Besides using one for balancing... Do you guys find that using a ND filter helps your footage turn out better?

I just picked up this lens (Olympus 45MM/1.7) a week ago and I'm very happy with the results.

Nice! My balance rings arrive tomorrow!
I've had the balance rings for a while and the gimbal still drifts even when perfectly balanced with the 45mm. I think it's just the nature of the gimbal. Mine drifts very slowly from right to left or vice versa.

I fly dual operator 90% of the time so my partner is usually correcting it himself. If you fly single op, just make sure the C1 or C2 button on the back of the remote is assigned to reset yaw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst