Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire attacked by eagle

Very cool. When he got close the noise probably was unexpected and he decided not to attack and decided to do a couple of low passes instead.

Of course it was the Inspire that was the aggressor, flying right at him on his perch.

I also believe it was a hawk, rather than an eagle.

I find bright tape on the inspire helps reduce bird aggression.

Inspire is white and black. Orange day glow tape on the inspire helps birds compute that this new "aggressor" all the way from China is actually man made and to stay clear.

Thats the idea anyway. Not been mobbed by birds since I added tape.

Not wanting to jinx it but it is an effective work around along with considering wildlife before I take off.

YMMV

HTH

Orange day glow tape on the inspire helps birds compute that this new "aggressor" all the way from China is actually man made and to stay clear.
Never thought about using that tape. Think ill give it a try give it a try. Dollar$ makes sen$e.
Ummm being that we have smiley faces what's this:oops:
YMMV

HTH

Cool vid, definitely an Osprey. Have lots of them here on the coast of Georgia as well as Bald Eagles. There's an Osprey nest about 100 yards from a dock that I fly from. I don't get close to their nest and they don't bother me.

Brilliant, I thought they were the kings of yawing the drone to begin with, until I saw the VPS come into view....

Dayglow orange does work. I have minimal attention when doing bird count surveys for the National Trust.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

He did a really good job of tracking the bird and keeping it in the center of the frame. Not easy to see and do on a tablet -- that bird is just a little speck until it's quite close.

I was approached by some bird conservationists in Florida who asked me if I could do an egg count of some eagle's nests in the area. I turned them down flat -- not only is it quite illegal, but even with permissions, I doubted the Inspire would survive an attack by a protective mama eagle.

As soon as I see eagles in any area, I land and GTFOOT. Those guys have no interest in sharing airspace with drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379