Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Camera Control

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the inspire and would like to know since setting up my inspire I have control of the camera to Pan vertically up and down via a scroll wheel on the controller but I can't see how to Pan horizontally! Why is this and can it be done on the remote? I heard it was possible by placing a finger on the iPad screen and moving the camera left or right but as yet this doesn't work!...what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty new to the inspire and would like to know since setting up my inspire I have control of the camera to Pan vertically up and down via a scroll wheel on the controller but I can't see how to Pan horizontally! Why is this and can it be done on the remote? I heard it was possible by placing a finger on the iPad screen and moving the camera left or right but as yet this doesn't work!...what am I doing wrong?
With a single controller you can only move the camera in one plane at a time (up/down or left/right) using the left gimbal wheel. You need to set up either C1 or C2 buttons to toggle between the two. I normally use C1 for this. The alternative is to use the gimbal wheel to move up and down and the left stick yaw to move left and right. Use of the Home Lock or Course Lock modes (P posItion on P-A-F switch) help with this alternative.

Hey Carlos, welcome!

On the underside of the remote there are 2 buttons, C1 and C2. Those are freely assignable. In the DJI Go app you can change them to for instance: C2 (right button) - alternate between pitch movement of the gimbal wheel and pan movement. the C1 (left button) - reset gimbal to center forward position. That's the way I assigned mine.

I think you can find that under the gimbal menu in DJI GO, Look for the little gimbal icon in the main settings menu (top right corner).

You should be able to move the gimbal with a finger touching the screen. Make sure you keep your finger for a few seconds on the screen before you move it. I never used that myself but I think by default this function is activated. If not, again, check out the various menus (I guess it's also under the gimbal menu) in GO and see if it is activated.

Reactions: elguapo
Hey thanks guys really appreciate the info as it's been driving me nuts to get it working it's a shame that the controller doesn't cater for camera movement better than what it does. I have a second controller but I can only imagine using that whilst holding onto the other one at the same time and flying the bird!

Hey thanks guys really appreciate the info as it's been driving me nuts to get it working it's a shame that the controller doesn't cater for camera movement better than what it does. I have a second controller but I can only imagine using that whilst holding onto the other one at the same time and flying the bird!

That's what the wife or girlfriend is for:) My wife is the camera operator..

The options I see on the settings page are as follows, reset gimbal yaw, gimbal free/ follow mode, toggle map/ live view, clear flight route, and battery info? There is no reset gimbal to centre forward position? Unless you mean select reset gimbal yaw?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool