Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Charger - Can I leave the Batteries Plug in to the HUB

Reaction score
I have the DJI Charging Hub. Can I leave the batteries plug in or do they need removed after they are charged. Also what is the best way to run the battery all the way down when you need to do that.

If I have the batteries off the hub then they will discharge. I thought the hub would keep them charged so when I needed them they would be ready. Did I misinterpret that.

I have the DJI Charging Hub. Can I leave the batteries plug in or do they need removed after they are charged. Also what is the best way to run the battery all the way down when you need to do that.
Absolutely not. You run the risk of burning your house down.
Lipos should NEVER be left on charge and never be left unattended whilst charging.
This is basic Lipo safety.

Reactions: Scotflieger
If I have the batteries off the hub then they will discharge. I thought the hub would keep them charged so when I needed them they would be ready. Did I misinterpret that.
As @The Editor says you should never leave LiPo batteries charging longer than necessary. Search YouTube for the what can happen (LiPo fire).

The batteries will not discharge to any extent over a few days. If you need them fully charged then put them back on the charger the night before. Switch the battery on before connecting for the final top up. If you are not planning to fly for more than a week (and certainly for longer periods), discharge the batter(y)(ies) to 50% for extended storage. You will find a setting in the GO app battery page for setting the Auto Discharge delay whereby the battery will self-discharge. The default is 10 days.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop