Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire crashes into football stadium

Why has no one ever made mention of the very fast jet powered aircraft that RC enthusiast fly all of the time. They are capable of the exact same type of flight with the exception of hover that we are. They are faster, they can carry heavier payloads, and they have considerably longer ranges. I believe that the problem exist in the fact that our hobby aircraft are readily available at a reasonable price to so many people. Well $3,000 is not necessarily cheap, it is a far cry from the thousands of dollars that can be spent on scale model aircraft. I believe it is the people buying them that are the problem.

I was at the game last night. I took this picture about 45 seconds before he crashed. He was hovering outside the stadium but then got greedy and flew in to about the back of the endzone. It looked to me that he suddenly lost sign and a Return to Home was initiated. The inspire simply turned and flew straight into the side of the stadium. It was certainly not a good spot to fly. Fixed wing plane dropping 3 sky divers and at least two helicopters taking off and landing around the stadium (police in a field next to the stadium and medical with the hospital next door).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 108
I bet you you were surprised to see an inspire flying around the stadium ,then crashing..haha..
I was at the game last night. I took this picture about 45 seconds before he crashed. He was hovering outside the stadium but then got greedy and flew in to about the back of the endzone. It looked to me that he suddenly lost sign and a Return to Home was initiated. The inspire simply turned and flew straight into the side of the stadium. It was certainly not a good spot to fly. Fixed wing plane dropping 3 sky divers and at least two helicopters taking off and landing around the stadium (police in a field next to the stadium and medical with the hospital next door).

More coverage on CBS news this morning about dude flying over 60 k people in Kentucky and the US open solo incedent. .
The student in the Kentucky incedent looks like he's going to get a bunch of charges..
I'm guessing that the pilot was just wanting some cool shots and didn't realize the risk involved and probably doesn't watch the news or read forums to learn about safe flying practices. .
Im surprised how long it takes for people to catch on..
How many times does this type of thing have to happen before 99 % get it??
My guess is five small events or one big one..lol..
more repercussions coming...

Why has no one ever made mention of the very fast jet powered aircraft that RC enthusiast fly all of the time. They are capable of the exact same type of flight with the exception of hover that we are. They are faster, they can carry heavier payloads, and they have considerably longer ranges. I believe that the problem exist in the fact that our hobby aircraft are readily available at a reasonable price to so many people. Well $3,000 is not necessarily cheap, it is a far cry from the thousands of dollars that can be spent on scale model aircraft. I believe it is the people buying them that are the problem.

Because the Jets and old RC copter take skill and practice to fly. The reason drones have become a problem is any schmoe can by one and fly it with little or no practice right up until something like this happens.

Reactions: Azsweetwater
Just had an argument with my wife about this. After reading this story she exclaimed, "they're going to ban all drones!". To which I exclaimed "so let's ban cars!".

It went on from there... :)
Yea but cars are a necessity , drones are'nt . People just have to be more responsible with them which will never always happen , just another black eye for our hobby .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell