Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire customization thread

I couldn't see this posted anywhere and figured it might be a nice contribution to all of us. maybe some of you have seen this already... hey might even be the I1 user is on the forum...

Reactions: RDTech
Very impressive customization all around! Has anyone had luck finding a US based shipper with spare Inspire frames? I definitely want to paint mine, but would prefer a test subject prior to dismantling everything. I found the UK site linked below, and the price seems far more reasonable than I would have imagined.

http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-inspire-1-airframe-top-cover-1668-p.asp

Is there a trick to taking apart the camera? I see the four screws I just dont know if there are any surprises thanks

Indeed there are some suprises THIS ONE IS DAMAGED dammit

1. take plastic of
20150403_195432.jpg
2. there are indeed 4 screws, then you take the top off.
20150403_195441.jpg
3. you can now easly take off the fan
20150403_195506 (1).jpg
4. then you will see 2 screws
20150403_195453.jpg

UND THEN BLA BLA BLA

BE CAREFULL WITH CONECTORS

it could be that your gimbal will act differt after assably. Be sure you put cables good back to place

here more pics

20150403_195630.jpg 20150403_195620.jpg

Love the paint job and the added functionality! Well done! If you don't mind sharing, I'd love some details about the mods. Curious about the front mount for the camera as well as what battery you are using to power the camera and vTX. Also what kind of paint did you use for the body, looks like it has a nice thin even coverage. Thanks!
vtx --> ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mw Audio / Video Transmitter
camera mount --> https://www.google.nl/search?q=trip...afietips.nl%2Fapparatuur%2Fstatief%2F;500;466

batery --> 800mAh lipo

paint --> car paint ****

lol

Indeed there are some suprises THIS ONE IS DAMAGED dammit

1. take plastic of
View attachment 1016
2. there are indeed 4 screws, then you take the top off.
View attachment 1017
3. you can now easly take off the fan
View attachment 1018
4. then you will see 2 screws
View attachment 1019

UND THEN BLA BLA BLA

BE CAREFULL WITH CONECTORS

it could be that your gimbal will act differt after assably. Be sure you put cables good back to place

here more pics

View attachment 1020 View attachment 1021
Awesome I did the exact same thing, this is very helpful thank you

20150402_172940.jpg

I had one problem doing this, I forgot to document with pictures and put the fan back in backwards lol. Easy fix but stupid on my end

For the battery I am testing two different type of paint, one on the left is Flexi dip and on the right is Plasti dip, the bird is all Flexi dip. There is a slight color difference but since the battery will be highly used and touched I want to test how20150403_134646(1).jpg each of the paint holds up, I left the lights painted, you can see the lights outline and I think it looks cool....

I'm trying to get a clear answer and DJI has been of no help. If you vinyl wrap, or paint your inspire will that void the warranty? If you, you all are brave souls.

I'm trying to get a clear answer and DJI has been of no help. If you vinyl wrap, or paint your inspire will that void the warranty? If you, you all are brave souls.
I don't see that voiding the warranty unless you mess something up but its basically plug and play plus the paint peels off with some elbow grease. Laws in the US state that the add-ons have to proven to be the direct cause of the failure. I don't think paint or wrap could be a cause of it, however I did test how hot the camera would get in direct sunlight running and it stayed at a normal operating temp

Most of these custom paint jobs look really cool. I'm thinking about a more utilitarian approach though. The question I pondering is whether a high viz yellow or green paint job would aid in maintaining line of sight. Thoughts?

Reactions: firedawg
Time for a FPV camera that I want to do myself and run it off of a totally separate battery and monitor. I would love some detailed ideas as I am really new to building them
Thank you!

Time for a FPV camera that I want to do myself and run it off of a totally separate battery and monitor. I would love some detailed ideas as I am really new to building them
Thank you!
My inspire is arriving tomorrow. I am also planning to do this, but want to have something removable as I don't see myself needing it for every flight. I was searching all over yesterday for any 3d printed ideas for a camera mount and a vtx/battery mount. I couldn't find anything. I'm sure someone with better skills than myself will post something sooner or later. If anyone has been working on something like this and doesn't mind sharing, I'd love to see what you've come up with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan