Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire for living.....

Reaction score
So what are the ways and possibilities of making money with your inspire?
Note: if someone lives where there are no FAA rules what so ever.
Actually I am the only inspire pilot around.
=)

I live in a country with no FAA rules... But we have rules from RPAS instead...!

What country are you in and we can tell you if there are rules or not... ;)

I would say you then have a great chance to developed some of the rules for yourself. What works in your situation out there and what expectations do your potential clients have.

Many of the rules that the FAA or CAA have created are to keep people and property at a safe remove from aircraft adjusting for the type and possible damage they could cause.

If you have good control of your surroundings to a safe distance then it doesn't matter if you are in Times Square or the middle of the desert it will be just as safe and at the end of the day that is all that matters. Look at the rules in place in other countries and work with your local aviation authorities so that you can keep flying safely into the future because it only take one or two foolish people to ruin it for everyone else. If the rules are in place and they are reasonable and safe then when someone goes and does something stupid it can be shown that they broke those rules and no new ones are needed. If there aren't any rules and someone goes and does something stupid then rules and laws may be brought in without much thought and drones may end up being banned entirely.

Reactions: Osman Alsamani
i do my liveing from Drones, doing aerial shoots for videos and photos. Actually useing Inspire 1 and P3 as buckup drone.
Here is my demo reel if you have a chance to look at it
Most shoots where made with an DJI F550 with gopro 4 anyways but inspire 1 is much better!

Well, I do not know that much about Sudan except that it is one of the poorest countries on the african continent and they had at least 2 civil wars in the last 50 years. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I don't know if the government has something like a FCC in place, i would bet they don't which is good for you.

You should ask yourself if there is a possible larger group of customers in Sudan who can afford to hire a guy like you? Can you afford to buy at least 2 copters (1 as spare) and a large set of batteries and other tools you need to run your business?

Greets to Sudan!

Chris

i do my liveing from Drones, doing aerial shoots for videos and photos. Actually useing Inspire 1 and P3 as buckup drone.
Most shoots where made with an DJI F550 with gopro 4 anyways but inspire 1 is much better!
The video is possibly the best I have seen regarding pilot skills but how will you make a living if you end up in jail? How the hell did you get clearance to fly over airports and crowds of people? Cities and sports events? Is there any rule you didn't break?

The video is possibly the best I have seen regarding pilot skills but how will you make a living if you end up in jail? How the hell did you get clearance to fly over airports and crowds of people? Cities and sports events? Is there any rule you didn't break?

It is maybe a shock for our fellow friends from the US but there are still places in the world where you can do whatever the heck you want :)

(But yes, this should not mean that you switch off your brain and do whatever you want!)

Chris

Reactions: Kilrah
It is maybe a shock for our fellow friends from the US but there are still places in the world where you can do whatever the heck you want :)

(But yes, this should not mean that you switch off your brain and do whatever you want!)

Chris
Im in Australia and the rules are strict here. They are going to get worse too.

I would say you then have a great chance to developed some of the rules for yourself.If there aren't any rules and someone goes and does something stupid then rules and laws may be brought in without much thought and drones may end up being banned entirely.
Well said boss, This is a very good point. I guess it's important to be much careful with that.
It's either you make it or brake it.

Wow, very impressive.
Please share more if you can

Well, I do not know that much about Sudan except that it is one of the poorest countries on the african continent and they had at least 2 civil wars in the last 50 years. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I don't know if the government has something like a FCC in place, i would bet they don't which is good for you.

You should ask yourself if there is a possible larger group of customers in Sudan who can afford to hire a guy like you? Can you afford to buy at least 2 copters (1 as spare) and a large set of batteries and other tools you need to run your business?

Greets to Sudan!

Chris
Like a boss you nailed it, this is exactly how Sudan is.
Well to be honest there is a lot of groups who would be interested in hiring, and yes am willing to spend more money to get more crafts and even osmo units.

Like a boss you nailed it, this is exactly how Sudan is.
Well to be honest there is a lot of groups who would be interested in hiring, and yes am willing to spend more money to get more crafts and even osmo units.

I suppose besides the obvious there might be a warlord or two who could use aerial services? :). You'd want to probably make sure you hand over the original footage and leave no doubt as to whether you've kept any copies of course....

Osman,

I am an aviation insurance broker and I have been insuring many commercial UAV operations lately that seem to be making good money. Some of the uses that I have seen are golf course flyovers, real estate photography, general aerial photography, videography for closed set films and commercials, NDVI crop scouting, construction progress, volumetrics for quarries and mining companies, search and rescue, and action sports. I know that I am missing some but that is all that I can think of right now. I see new uses everyday.

Joe

Actually i will not end up in jail as i was hired by Aeropuertos 2000 who is the owner of the airport and i was near by a traffic control guy who also was communicated with control tower and they tell me when and when not to fly for safe purpose. An alll the other shoots where madde before legistlation come up.

Pepeticos don't worry about Dennis always complaints and complaint legal lega,l Think he is jealous of your flying skill and video photography,
Buen trabajo sigue asi en Ecuador por la bandera? Anyway be safe and post more vid
Saludes

Reactions: pepeticos
Osman: try to get your own story about your Sudan. Will be nice to see some clips, wildlife,the reality of your country, The landscape, you have a camera in the sky.
I bet just by filming your surrounding and let it go on the net like a you-tube Ch ( Sudan by Inspire) will draw attention for future customer, bet is a lot easy to advertised there than in UK USA Down Under Etc
Good luck
Mar

Nice demo. Beautiful flying. I don't know what country you are in but you get away with stuff I could never attempt in the USA, especially where I live...there are wires EVERYWHERE, electric, cable, phone...pole, upon pole, upon poles. In America we love to litter our landscapes with as much modern crap as we can. And there there are only so many strip malls and fast food restaurants you can fly over before it all starts to look the same and very boring. But hey, I'm still paid to fly over our clients businesses, etc.

Pepeticos don't worry about Dennis always complaints and complaint legal lega,l Think he is jealous of your flying skill and video photography,
Buen trabajo sigue asi en Ecuador por la bandera? Anyway be safe and post more vid
Saludes
I have posted before his video is the best I have seen. I am never jealous of anyone but it is illegal to fly like this. We can all do great work if we have no rules. I don't really get your point. You obviously have no respect for those of us that earn more than a huge living from our work. One day you will kill someone and then see what happens. When you earn as much as I do with video photography then I will take note of what you say. At least I am licensed and stay as safe as I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan