Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire FW update using Apple

Reaction score
I have just ordered by first Inspire 1 V2.0 from B&H Photo. Should have it Wednesday.

I assume it will not have the latest firmware and it will need an update. Last thing I want to do is brick the RC or the Aircraft doing the updates.

I think I am somewhat familiar with the process and will follow the instructions to the letter.

My concern is that I intend to use a new iMac to do the update. Is there any special concerns on using the Apple. I also have an iPad and iPhone, but nothing Microsoft at home. I do have a Windows 10 based computer at work but I would rather not do any of this at work.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

I will do a quick flight with it making sure it flies fine before updating anything.

You just use your computer to write the firmware (for your Inspire) on the SD-Card. The remote is updated via your iphone/ipad or android device directly through the Go-App.

I've never had issues with upgrades so far and i don't even delete all the .DS_Store files.. Just take care that you upgrade your inspire BEFORE doing the upgrade of your RC!

Chris

Firmware is firmware is firmware. I use a mac and have no problems applying updates. If you format the micro-sd be sure not to use any of the MAC file systems use MS-DOS FAT.

1) Download the correct version of firmware for your Inspire.
2) Copy the firmware to the root of micro SD Card (make sure the .bin file is the only file on the card)
note: Mac's put hidden files on every removable disk that it reads but don't worry about those files.
3) Download and Update your DJI Go APP then close it.
4) Put the card in your X3 and turn on the bird only. DO NOT TURN ON THE REMOTE
5) After the bird is updated your battery or batteries should then be updated.
6) Turn on your Controller, wait for your ipad to ask if you "Trust This Computer", select Trust
7) Open DJI Go App and update your controller.

Here's a link to a video that will give let you know about the sounds you'll hear coming from the Inspire during the update and also what to listen for when the update is finished.

https://youtu.be/xbkIncNpme4?t=2m24s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry