Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire HUD odd behaviour

Reaction score
I connected my Headplay HDs to the Inspire for the first time and I have the HUD set to transmit over HDMI.

Two questions...one, can I change the colour from white? It doesn't show up well against a cloudy sky...

Second question more unusual...there's a diamond shape that indicates home point. When I'm facing the Home point it looks like this;

.....<>.....(diamond on hud)

......X......(home point on ground)

But if I yaw left...

...<>.......(diamond on hud)

..........X..(home point on ground)

Since I thought the point of the diamond was to point to home...this seems a little odd...I have to turn AWAY from the diamond to go home...I can see this causing me problems in future if I rely on it.

Anyone any ideas what's going on?

I connected my Headplay HDs to the Inspire for the first time and I have the HUD set to transmit over HDMI.

Two questions...one, can I change the colour from white? It doesn't show up well against a cloudy sky...

Second question more unusual...there's a diamond shape that indicates home point. When I'm facing the Home point it looks like this;

.....<>.....(diamond on hud)

......X......(home point on ground)

But if I yaw left...

...<>.......(diamond on hud)

..........X..(home point on ground)

Since I thought the point of the diamond was to point to home...this seems a little odd...I have to turn AWAY from the diamond to go home...I can see this causing me problems in future if I rely on it.

Anyone any ideas what's going on?
No, the colour cannot be changed. It's a white overlay only (or none)
You are correct - the diamond indicates the bearing to home. If it is in the centre of the screen you are heading directly home.
The numbers on the side indicate the number of degrees to reach home bearing. That way whichever number is lower you know to yaw in that direction to find the diamond via the minimum amount of yaw.

OK. they need to patch to add colour options. They also need to patch to fix the diamond...that behaviour is just WRONG. And I don't have any yaw numbers either side of mine...I just have the diamond.

OK. they need to patch to add colour options. They also need to patch to fix the diamond...that behaviour is just WRONG. And I don't have any yaw numbers either side of mine...I just have the diamond.
Opps, I was getting confused with another one of my rigs.
Yup no bearing degrees shown on the edge of the HDMI overlay. It's very basic.
I would not expect any further development on this feature to take place.

You have an odd view of "development" my friend :). If this was the sticks and it went left when I pushed right, I'd hardly call it "development"; it's a bugfix, plain and simple.

You have an odd view of "development" my friend :). If this was the sticks and it went left when I pushed right, I'd hardly call it "development"; it's a bugfix, plain and simple.
Maybe it's your dodgy HUD? :p
Not heard of any other complaints.

Hey, it may well be :) are there any settings associated with it? If so I can't find it...I'd love if anyone else with Headplays and an Inspire 1 could confirm I'm doing something wrong. Who knows? Maybe I have the HDMI cable in upside down, LOL.

Hey, it may well be :) are there any settings associated with it? If so I can't find it...I'd love if anyone else with Headplays and an Inspire 1 could confirm I'm doing something wrong. Who knows? Maybe I have the HDMI cable in upside down, LOL.
If the diamond is tracking correctly using a standard HDMI connected display ie if you yaw left the diamond moves right to indicate you must turn right to get back to home. In other words you must turn towards the diamond to get back home but it is not working on your HUD I would suspect something strange going on with the way the overlay is being interpreted over HDMI by the HUD.

Hmm...might be in the menu on my Headplays I guess...I'll have to have a look. Thanks!

It's been discussed in depth else where and it was done on purpose.

The diamond in not pointing towards the home point think of it as a WP, when in the centre your heading directly for the HP.

It's telling you to yaw right to to place the diamond over the centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been discussed in depth else where and it was done on purpose.

The diamond in not pointing towards the home point think of it as a WP, when in the centre your heading directly for the HP.

It's telling you to yaw right to to place the diamond over the centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely - the diamond display has been used/behaved this way since it's introduction on the OSD and miniOSD from DJI.

OK I think there's some misinterpretation here...I'm not expecting the diamond to "point" (ie change orientation and effectively be an indicator arrow), I'm expecting it to MOVE. But it should move WITH the homepoint...so if I was 100m away from my home point (again, my case on the ground) and I could see the home point but off to the left, the diamond should be floating over my case, also off to the left.

Mine's off to the RIGHT.

If I turn to the LEFT (towards home/case) the diamond does come towards the centre...so that when the case is dead ahead, the diamond is too. If I keep turning left...so the home/case goes over to the right...the diamond drifts off to the LEFT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44