Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire one ESC error

Reaction score
I know this problem has come up again and again.
I purchased my drone on Jan 18 2016, Flew it a few times and 8 months into owning my drone I got a ESC message, I talked to DJI and sent it in for repair. Got it back and it worked great.
On 2/1/2017 I get the same message, And now I'm out of warranty.
Can some one tell me how to check which motor is the one with the Problem?
I've seen videos on utube where it shows how to replace the motor and board, I just want to know which motor
Many thanks..

Reactions: Jahstys
RickT, I feel for you (And anyone else with sim prob). I had this. ZERO real help from DJI. Mine was following a crash (All my own fault and therefore not covered by warranty). However how to determine what is defective is the issue. Is it a motor or ESC or could it be more than one? And as you also ask "Which one". I ended up buying spare motors (New) then found out I couldn't buy ESC's from anyone INCLUDING DJI. I then purchased qty 2 of each direction ESC/Motor assy's and prob fixed. NOW - How to test the removed ESC/Motors. Testing a motor isn't hard if it is removed from its ESC. Testing the ESC or ESC/Motor combo is tricky, mostly because DJI will not release the required data. So much so that I am in conversation with a USA based business buddy (I live in Western Australia, on the wrong end of the supply chain) of mine and we are researching how to address this with a thought that we might be able to build a simple test set for DJI Inspire owners.

I personally sure would be interested in hearing from anyone who has solved this issue in a logical and cost effective manner. (qty 4 ESC/Motors is not to my mind cost effective).

P.S.: Due to DJI's woefully inadequate repair philosophy (ie: Replace with new, not actually repair and tell the customer as little as possible) I am totally against sending anything that is no longer covered by warranty to any of their shops. And do you know what they have the nerve to sell repairs kits for some of their other models that are simply "quick connect" units, ie: Separate ESC's & Motors. AND the cost is extremely reasonable.

RickT, dvBed questions answer themselves if you look at the linked data. It depends on which model of Insp 1 you have. I cannot explain the use of the word "Only" in the sales info. I know I personally would not want to risk my V2 unless I was VERY sure it was BS and a marketing ploy. Begs the question, though. Why will DJI not sell the two items separately for the V2?

inspire 1 v2, I order a motor and a board, going to replace it and see what happens
my dog attacked the back left CW motor and after that I got the message..

Just because it says ESC does not mean your motors are bad,
This is the actual letter I got from DJI
Dear Customer,

You repair service of Inspire 1 has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via paypal.

Invoice

Customer: Rick Trevino
Case No:
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date: 02-27-17
Remarks: Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (After-Sales Service Policies - DJI) - DJI North America

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Roll-axis ESC board 1 3.00 3.00
Gimbal roll motor driver board 1 11.00 11.00
Inspire 1 roll-axis arm + pitch-axis base 1 19.00 19.00
Inspire 1 flight controller module 1 218.00 218.00
Roll-axis cable cover plate 1 1.00 1.00
Inspire 1 landing gear set 1 10.00 10.00
Service Charge 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 392.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 392.00

Talking about getting a rim job, WOW
And all that happen my dog bit one of the props when it landed...
I demanded to get all the part that were going to replaced shipped back to me, the answer was NO
It becomes part of DJI
What do you guys think????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters