Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Pro Falls Out Of The Sky (Twice)

Reaction score
Hope this has not happened to anyone else but I have heard of others with same issue.

This happened to my primary and back up machine. Aircraft in a hover and suddenly stops working and crashes tio ground. Both had ample battery remaining, all updates had been completed, weather was warm and sky clear with litle wind. Literally happened twice in one week.

I contacted DJI customer service originally on 2/3/17 regarding two Inspire Pros that had fallen from the sky.
I was issued mailing labels and the units shipped on the same day.

Since then I have been given different explanation every contact I have had regarding when the machines would be returned. I have called numerous times and spoken to many representatives and supervisors who all tell me it will be taken care of quickly. The cases had been “escalated”. So far all I get are excuses on why it has not been completed. I have a primary machine and a backup in the event that the primary fails. In this case both machines were defective and literally fell out of the sky while hovering. DJI's analysis must agree, otherwise they would not be covering them under warranty. The issue is not getting this handled in a timely manner or in the timeframe they stated. There is much confusion with customer service. (Oxymoron) Below is a timeline for correspondence received from DJI.

CAS-434124-B9H7R7
CAS-434120-C0F5P7

2/3 – Problem reported, label generated, units shipped
2/7 – Units arrive at DJI
2/8 – Units checked in and received.
2/8 – CAS-434124 estimate for repair under warranty and states that repair will be completed in 3 – 5 business days.
2/9 – CAS-434120 estimate for repair not covered under warranty
2/10 – CAS-434120 estimate for replacement under warranty and states that repair will be finished in 3 – 5 business days.
2/14 – Received a second notice regarding CAS-434124 that it will be covered by warranty.
2/14 – Phone call and told it would be by the end of the week to ship both items.
2/17 – Told on phone that it would be 1 – 2 weeks until units were shipped.

Per the records given to me repairs / shipping should have been completed no later than:
43124 – 5 days would be no later than 2/15. (5 business days from the date of warranty coverage received on 2/8)
43120 – 5 days would be no later 2/16. (5 business days from the date of warranty coverage received on 2/10)

DJI could really use some help with customer service. Phone calls take minimum of an hour to get through and talk to a representative, only to get a run around.

Good luck to anyone who has to deal with DJI.

Reactions: IrishSights
I am having the same poor service just getting a serial number corrected on a care agreement! Great machine but worse customer service I have ever experienced.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hope this has not happened to anyone else but I have heard of others with same issue.

This happened to my primary and back up machine. Aircraft in a hover and suddenly stops working and crashes tio ground. Both had ample battery remaining, all updates had been completed, weather was warm and sky clear with litle wind. Literally happened twice in one week.

I contacted DJI customer service originally on 2/3/17 regarding two Inspire Pros that had fallen from the sky.
I was issued mailing labels and the units shipped on the same day.

Since then I have been given different explanation every contact I have had regarding when the machines would be returned. I have called numerous times and spoken to many representatives and supervisors who all tell me it will be taken care of quickly. The cases had been “escalated”. So far all I get are excuses on why it has not been completed. I have a primary machine and a backup in the event that the primary fails. In this case both machines were defective and literally fell out of the sky while hovering. DJI's analysis must agree, otherwise they would not be covering them under warranty. The issue is not getting this handled in a timely manner or in the timeframe they stated. There is much confusion with customer service. (Oxymoron) Below is a timeline for correspondence received from DJI.

CAS-434124-B9H7R7
CAS-434120-C0F5P7

2/3 – Problem reported, label generated, units shipped
2/7 – Units arrive at DJI
2/8 – Units checked in and received.
2/8 – CAS-434124 estimate for repair under warranty and states that repair will be completed in 3 – 5 business days.
2/9 – CAS-434120 estimate for repair not covered under warranty
2/10 – CAS-434120 estimate for replacement under warranty and states that repair will be finished in 3 – 5 business days.
2/14 – Received a second notice regarding CAS-434124 that it will be covered by warranty.
2/14 – Phone call and told it would be by the end of the week to ship both items.
2/17 – Told on phone that it would be 1 – 2 weeks until units were shipped.

Per the records given to me repairs / shipping should have been completed no later than:
43124 – 5 days would be no later than 2/15. (5 business days from the date of warranty coverage received on 2/8)
43120 – 5 days would be no later 2/16. (5 business days from the date of warranty coverage received on 2/10)

DJI could really use some help with customer service. Phone calls take minimum of an hour to get through and talk to a representative, only to get a run around.

Good luck to anyone who has to deal with DJI.
Interesting that you have only made three posts on the forum (including this one) and they are simply to rant about customer service.
DJI Service - still fighting
In this thread you are saying you have had two Inspire Pros "Fall out of the air" and yet your other posts seem to be for a self inflicted damaged camera which you were 'ranting' about?

Not really sure what you expect to achieve but if Inspire Pros were "Falling from the Sky" rest assured we would know about it on here. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cornscot
Not really on the same theme, but drones "fall out of the air". A2 controller on a hexa with E1200 , literally lift 2 meters from the ground, and start shooting in the sky and fly random patterns non-controllable, everything was gone in few seconds. And yes I was on hover 2 m above the ground next to me. Drone, zenmuse completely destroyed. Now I fly a custom made "Inspire" with 6 motors, so far so good touch wood. And yep DJI support are terrible on some glitch on my "Inspire" hexa, took ages to get some answers, 4 different representatives from DJI just giving idiotic solutions, finally also DJI official support from FB, some american chap, put me few questions, and solve the problem in max 10 minutes. With the warranty support I wasted 4-5 days.

They do indeed fall out of this ky. Its been almost a month and so far DJi says they are repealing them but cannot tell me when they will ship. Each call or email gets a different answer. I would like DJI to answer, and give an answer when they will take care of this defective issue. I have spoken to others that have thad teh same problem. I did at least have on person at DJI tell me that one of teh machines had a voltage drop on teh main board which caused teh failure and the machine to stop functioning.

Its a real issue especially when I had a back up machine to keep me working if teh main machine had an issue. Never anticipated that both would have an issue in the same week.

DJI service still at the bottom of the pile as Cara s I am concerned. For such a big company they could use some real improvement in communicating with customers.

Interesting that you have only made three posts on the forum (including this one) and they are simply to rant about customer service.
DJI Service - still fighting
In this thread you are saying you have had two Inspire Pros "Fall out of the air" and yet your other posts seem to be for a self inflicted damaged camera which you were 'ranting' about?

Not really sure what you expect to achieve but if Inspire Pros were "Falling from the Sky" rest assured we would know about it on here. :rolleyes:

DJI service still at the bottom of the pile as Cara s I am concerned. For such a big company they could use some real improvement in communicating with customers.
Easy - buy another brand then and stop complaining on forums. They would get the message if customers spoke with their feet but one or two disgruntled people on forums isn't going to worry them yet clogs up for other users.

Reactions: Cruncher

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko