Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire PRO vs Matrice 600 what is better?

ok. so I need to thing about what to buy, but I thing that Inspire is more suits for me - I forgot to add that I want to film sports events like car race and rally so I can choose place where will be small number of people who watch so it will be quite safely. So I need to thing about which is better for me... THX all for Youre response.

Ok Guys,
There is no question which is better, the Matrice 600 is a far better bird than the inspire1 or for that matter the soon to be released Inspire II or any Quadcopter that will ever be made in the future. This is because safety should be your number one concern. Any quadcopter will drop from the sky if you lose a prop/motor or have a battery problem.

That is where the M600 excels! With six motor/props you can lose a motor/prop and still safely fly. As well, with six batteries you can have a bad battery and still fly. Yes it is a more costly bird but you get what you pay for. I have an Inspire 1 v2 and I Love It, but flying commercially with it, or any quadcopter, is really taking a chance. Real professionals put safety first, no question. I never take the Inspire 1v2 and fly on properties where I could crash onto equipment, cars, etc. Over barren land, cornfields etc. I do use it.

Be careful any fly safe!
Do you mind me asking how much you have spent on the M600? I'm currently doing a business plan and I was pretty much sold on the inspire due to the infancy of the company but also down to ease if use however I really do understand the need for a hex/octocopter for safety reasons, I have been told by 1 dealer that to get a matrice up in the air is around £10k, is that a reasonable estimate?

Give Ralph a call at www.flyhighusa.com
270-473-1409

The bird itself is $4600
About the cheapest route is:
The Z3 Camera was $899
Gimble plate approx. $170
(6) extra batteries approx. $799
Approx. $6500 plus tax if you have to pay tax

Reactions: Luff84
Ok Guys,
There is no question which is better, the Matrice 600 is a far better bird than the inspire1 or for that matter the soon to be released Inspire II or any Quadcopter that will ever be made in the future. This is because safety should be your number one concern. Any quadcopter will drop from the sky if you lose a prop/motor or have a battery problem.

That is where the M600 excels! With six motor/props you can lose a motor/prop and still safely fly. As well, with six batteries you can have a bad battery and still fly. Yes it is a more costly bird but you get what you pay for. I have an Inspire 1 v2 and I Love It, but flying commercially with it, or any quadcopter, is really taking a chance. Real professionals put safety first, no question. I never take the Inspire 1v2 and fly on properties where I could crash onto equipment, cars, etc. Over barren land, cornfields etc. I do use it.

Be careful any fly safe!

as for redundancy the hex is not the non plus ultra and loosing one motor does not ensure you a safe flight... also if a battery goes wrong and voltage is not enough you will watch it fall like a piano out of the nice blue sky... true redundancy would be three, yes THREE flight controllers, two poweboards at least and **** load of other stuff that would make it unpayable and therefore is not for sale in such configuration. six or eight or four makes no real difference as the aki accident shows us in real life... and that was in austria where rules are insane... you have to KNOW what dou DO want to do with the unit, how and in which way do you want to use it and choose accordingly... as for the matrice IMHO you do not really get what you pay for rather pay more for "some" peace of mind but not the ultimate redundant unit... that would be a shotover or a freefly to be able to say "pro"...
not to mention that first of EVERYTHING else LEARN how to fly, learn and manifest the fine motorical and coordinational things and direction and then you can do nice "pro" gigs and work with an "only" four rotors quad...
my 2c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevertheless Phatzo, the Matrice 600 is safer to fly than the Inspire or for that matter any quadcopter. All will fall, however, three way redundancy is better than none! A loss of a motor/prop or battery the Inspire will most definitely fall not to mention loss of satellite connectivity. The A3 pro adds double satellite redundancy. Yes, you can't get enough redundancy to guarantee the bird does not fall out of the sky but three way redundancy sure makes the M600 a safer bird to fly.

Last edited:
Matrice 600 is a great bird remember that it takes 6 batteries to fly and that it is a pain to carry around in the field. Inspire 1 with a TB48 battery has decent flight distances for most of the stuff we need to fly. For larger cameras go with the m600 if you don't need to shoot 4k which many people can't even watch the inspire is great.

Great point that is the beauty of a hexacopter and up design, fortunately, I haven't had this happen to me. After talking with someone at Drone Plus I believe they offer an insurance package that offers 100% replacement even if crashed is what I am told. A buddy of mine had crashed his X5R and they swapped it out no questions asked. That being said if you are operating anything above an X3 or X5 the redundancies are for sure worth the added hassle of traveling with equipment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla