Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Pro x5 Backpack solutions UK

Reaction score
Website
www.ldistudios.com
Hi all,
It seems from the UK our options are somewhat limited for the inspire Pro x5 when it comes to backpacks. I have looked around quite a bit but can't seem to find any in depth usage reviews. I thought i would start the ball rolling on a definitive backpack solution thread for the x5 users.
Initially what i can see is this;

The new case solution

C11 - the "legs out" rucksack solution
As far as i can see this wont fit the x5 camera box. There is also the issue of the motors being open to the elements whilst hiking. Although i do like this solution for ease and weight for hiking round the lakes for 10 mile round trips.
Amazon.com : Backpack for DJI Inspire 1 by C11 Grey : Camera & Photo

The adapting solution - There are many of these around all of a similar nature. Taking the existing hardshell and converting it to a backpack. Problems i can see are the quality of the adapters. The lack of stock in the UK. The hardshell hangs low and is reported as being pretty uncomfortable.
Dragonsky Carrying Backpack Adapter FOR DJI Inspire 1 Case 4K RC Quad UK Ship | eBay

The Homebrew solution - I have seen the Alice frame solution and whilst it is quite large i would sacrifice the size if it was as comfortable/lightweight as it appears to be. Can someone please confirm this?

If anyone can help with this then i would be most appreciative.

Very best
chris

Last edited:
Hi all,
It seems from the UK our options are somewhat limited for the inspire Pro x5 when it comes to backpacks. I have looked around quite a bit but can't seem to find any in depth usage reviews. I thought i would start the ball rolling on a definitive backpack solution thread for the x5 users.
Initially what i can see is this;

The new case solution

C11 - the "legs out" rucksack solution
As far as i can see this wont fit the x5 camera box. There is also the issue of the motors being open to the elements whilst hiking. Although i do like this solution for ease and weight for hiking round the lakes for 10 mile round trips.
Amazon.com : Backpack for DJI Inspire 1 by C11 Grey : Camera & Photo

The adapting solution - There are many of these around all of a similar nature. Taking the existing hardshell and converting it to a backpack. Problems i can see are the quality of the adapters. The lack of stock in the UK. The hardshell hangs low and is reported as being pretty uncomfortable.
Dragonsky Carrying Backpack Adapter FOR DJI Inspire 1 Case 4K RC Quad UK Ship | eBay

The Homebrew solution - I have seen the Alice frame solution and whilst it is quite large i would sacrifice the size if it was as comfortable/lightweight as it appears to be. Can someone please confirm this?

If anyone can help with this then i would be most appreciative.

Very best
chris

UAV Gear list the Inspack (Pro/X5) at £250 but no stock at the moment, they are taking orders to ship when available.

Inspak X5 and InsCase – UAV Gear

Hello

I am currently looking at the same issue, there's no way i want to carry the 'briefcase' up a hill for ages!

The only one i would add to your list above is this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Camo-Nylon...68406828&sr=8-1&keywords=Dji+inspire+backpack

Looks similar to the C11 but judging by the dimensions it should fit the X5 box.

Does anyone have any experience of any of these, or in fact any other backpack solutions it wuold be good to hear some personal experiences.

bob

I use this one...
ad66076ff33421c4b23e9c0e537bf3e0.jpg

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I think its the same i was watching on ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

Travelling Shoulder Backpack Belt Adapter Strap For DJI Inspire 1 Quad Case Box

I ended up with buying another backback so doesnt know how comfortable it is.

How do you find it? I am hoping to order one soon so any feedback would be great

Rogue. Where did you purchase it from and how comfortable is it.

Yeah. eBay guys. £40. Very comfy.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Yeah. eBay guys. £40. Very comfy.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Problem was for me, landing gear is in travel mode and camera is off in the std case, Inspak is more expensive but landing gear is in landing mode and camera is attached, plus it sits closer and is moulded to your back.

Holder of CAA PFAW
BNUS-S Certified Pilot

Reactions: Jem
I have both the inspire backpack adapter and inspak backpack. I find it very hard to use the backpack adapter the inspire case is not very comfortable on the back being it so heavy and flat. Also the time it takes me to set up my inspire with the backpack adapter is at least 5 minutes, then there's the part of putting it back which takes longer time. With the inspak backpack the inspire 1 is already in travel mode and the camera is already attached to the drone. All I have to do is put the propellers on and I'm ready to fly, takes about less than 30 seconds. Putting it back takes about 15 seconds. It makes everything easier for me and the experience of flying the inspire is more fun now that the hassle of setting it up is minimum.

Reactions: IrishSights
Thanks to everyone for their comments and opinions re this 'case' ;) and having read richard roxas's comments and agreed with him I have just ordered the Bestem Inspak backpack. I've bought from this company before in my P2 and P3 days and am very pleased with their products in general.

Shipping to the me here UK isn't too bad considering the size and weight but I'd rather have a superior product than settle for cheaper, less practical, and dare I say it, inferior kit when I look at the cost of what I'm trying to protect and use.

I'll post some comments when it arrives.

Awesome choice! The inspak backpack comes with a gimbal lock for X3 camera gimbal. The gimbal lock is little tight fit which ended up scratching the bottom motor of my gimbal so I used a sand paper on the top portion of the gimbal lock and that seems to work for me. Now I can easily remove the gimbal lock without scratching my gimbal.

My only concern about the inspak for the X3 is that my Inspire is V2 and has the X5 anti vibration plate fitted as standard, albeit with a X3 camera, which is wider and longer than the one fitted to the V1 and consequently there may be an issue with it fitting into the precut foam inside . I've messaged Bestem about my concern and am awaiting their response.

You are absolutely correct. The inspire 1 V2 vibration plate is too wide and will not fit the pre cut foam but you can cut the foam to fit the vibration plate. I saw some videos on YouTube were they fitted the inspire 1 V2 to the inspak backpack. Please check on this video

Richard and IrishSights - thank you for your input. Having confirmed matters on the UAV Gear website re the case's insuitability re my Inspire's configuration I have just sent Bestem an email cancelling my order. I am confident that such a good company will modify the interior to suit the V2 version at some point. Until then ..........

No problem. There are two different types of inspak backpack case. 1 is for the x3 camera and other one is for the X5 camera. If you get the one for the X5 camera the inspire V2 should fit there perfectly.

Reactions: BCF
You're right. When I get confirmation from Bestem Aerial I'll order the X5 variant from UAV Gear here in the UK (£30 or $40 cheaper).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool