Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire RC 1.5.80 firmware update

Did the update via Dji GO Android - now left with "No signal" - anyone else?

After this I tried to access the Inspire with a iPad Mini. In Dji GO - the Inspire now shows up as a Phantom 4 (!).

Hell - I just want to make a living with my drone - I do NOT need these endless hazzles created by DJI with their cumbersome zillions of upgrades. Time for a Yuneec Typhon H - have had the Q500 Typhoon 4K for 6 months. Had 1 (!!) very minorupdate to it, and has flown 100% predictable during these months.

Furthermore I have 1 DJI battery with 5 charges that reports "broken cell" - QC and Customer Service is a city in Russia what DJI concerns. Well - they WILL be loosing customers now when other manufacturers pick up the pace ... Typhoon H is with 6 motors, redundancy so it can fly with 5 and a price tag of USD 1299. And service is excellent - and parts available.
I hadn't ment to rant like this, but I'm totally p..... off right now!

And no release notes for professional users (yes, I'm a certified UAS pilot) is quite simply a joke!!!
---
I updated my I1x3.
Couldn't get it to connect to the iPad Air; tried again with iPhone 6plus and just left it beeping and flashing for over an hour; then - miracles of miracles - it connected and worked perfectly; followed the same process for each battery.
I really hope DJI can eventually get their act together and streamline this process with install notes that resemble a straight forward procedure.
Seems like there is a gap between the DJI folks who update the s/w & f/w and the people who push it out to their customers. They ought to look at having a coordinated effort - just a thought.....

I had to do it in the field.
After an hour of beeping, I called them. They never heard of the problem as I was the first ever to upgrade to 1580 as it was just released within the hour when I wanted to fly the other day.
When it finally installed, it thought I had the Phantom 4. Again, no help from DJI.
I uninstalled the app yesterday and reinstalled it and it finally worked with the Inspire.
However, no video.
Shut everything off for two hours. Rebooted and video returned.
Strange. Perhaps a UFO was hovering over my house thus interfering with the video? Lol!
Mufon wants to chat with you!;-`)

To be fair every update is followed by a load of report of lack of range or changes people don't like.

But it's interesting why no more info, I'm on 1.570 and v1.5 (batteries on v1.6 and craft downgraded back to v1.5) and that's where I'm staying unless they put something on the table I can't resist

I'm really not keen on the new reduced propulsion thing especially where I am it's always windy and I need to have power available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Editor
can you downgrade the RC from 1.5.80 back to 1.5.70? I dont have camera feed right next to it or in the air.

Think it must be something with the latest iOS app. I found a controller that was still on 1.5.70 and reverted camera back to previous and still had issues. As long a I sit and hover, all is well. The second I move the signal cuts out. Will try with alternative app soon to test.

Still nothing Ed? I took the dive not knowing what 1.5.80 brought, but no issues so far. Flew out as far as I could see and no loss of video but I must add I was using the ITELITE antenna so that might have helped. Still would be good to know what went into 1.5.80.

Still nothing Ed? I took the dive not knowing what 1.5.80 brought, but no issues so far. Flew out as far as I could see and no loss of video but I must add I was using the ITELITE antenna so that might have helped. Still would be good to know what went into 1.5.80.
As far as controllers, we have the DBS MODS on it.

I sent one of my other pilots out on a job and he had all kind of video feed issuesand also an issue with it kicking up on its back legs on landings!!! Compass was callibrated several times.

I didn't know about this until after he was finish breaking all the blades he had with him. I calibrated the compass my self and did and launch and land and sure enough it rared up on its back legs. I recaibrated the IMU again (had done it after the fw update) and it seems to be working better but not like "the good ol days". At least it's lot raring up like a horse anymore but feed does still glitch out considerably more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido