Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire tilt angle at given speeds

Reaction score
Website
www.droneworks.org.nz
Is anyone able to provide some numbers for me?

I'm looking at hard mounting a camera under the inspire and need to know what angle in forward flight that the Inspire will be at a given range of ground speeds. 5m/s 10m/s 15m/s

Thanks

Almost impossible to say due to wind effects. Head wind will require more tilt vs calm wind to get the same ground speed. Tailwind would be less tilt than calm or headwind. Then throw in quartering winds. Would be better to set an angle and fly craft at speed required to maintain your desired horizon view.

If you know the wind speed and the direction and you know the ground speed and the true course you can calculate airspeed. It is actually pretty easy math, that I will take you through if interested.

For any given airspeed the angle in forward flight would be the same, assuming you are not climbing or descending.

Not sure that helps you any.

If you know the wind speed and the direction and you know the ground speed and the true course you can calculate airspeed. It is actually pretty easy math, that I will take you through if interested.

For any given airspeed the angle in forward flight would be the same, assuming you are not climbing or descending.

Not sure that helps you any.
Until a gust of wind comes along on any axis and then the quad will dynamically adjust attitude. :p

Reactions: Canuck32
Is anyone able to provide some numbers for me?

I'm looking at hard mounting a camera under the inspire and need to know what angle in forward flight that the Inspire will be at a given range of ground speeds. 5m/s 10m/s 15m/s

Thanks

Max tilt angle is (now) 35 degrees (was 38 degrees when the Inspire launched).

Unless you need exact targeting tilt angle you should be able to calculate an approximate attack angle assuming no wind for a given speed, assuming full throttle ATTI mode, no wind is 35 degrees for example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669